Notify
Tools

The sense of the man! Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I'm liking Joe Manchin more each day.

https://apnews.com/article/wes...526488859bc0866c06dd

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16419 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
If he runs on the No Label ticket, I would gladly vote for him. The other 2 choices are no choice at all. Chicken shit or dog shit… barf

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13169 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how much sense it takes to make those statements. Pretty obvious to anyone paying attention.

As I have stated, my fear is that Manchin pulls enough traditional Dem voters away from Biden to get trump elected. Not attacking Manchin. Anybody that doesn't think that is a real possibility is ignoring history and reality.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I will either vote for someone or not vote at all, not voting for the lesser of two evils any more.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I will either vote for someone or not vote at all, not voting for the lesser of two evils any more.

I rest my case.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Eating the turd burgers the two parties serve up is largely what has gotten us into the mess we are in. A turd burger with cheese and one without cheese neither hold any appeal to me.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eating the turd burgers the two parties serve up is largely what has gotten us into the mess we are in. A turd burger with cheese and one without cheese neither hold any appeal to me.

When one of the shit-sandwich choices poses a fundamental threat to the fabric of our democracy, we don't solve the problem by voting for the ham sandwich that has no chance of winning.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see what kind of poll numbers Manchin starts pulling when he declares. But, running a third party campaign is challenging. He's going to need a lot of money and a campaign organization for starters. I'd be more comfortable with the idea of him declaring for the Dem nomination and if he wins, so be it. That would probably guarantee him a victory in the general.

Be a whole lot easier if Biden would just wake up and go home.

Job No. 1 is to beat trump.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm liking him too!

He'll be replaced with a republican Senator.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see what kind of poll numbers Manchin starts pulling when he declares. But, running a third party campaign is challenging. He's going to need a lot of money and a campaign organization for starters. I'd be more comfortable with the idea of him declaring for the Dem nomination and if he wins, so be it. That would probably guarantee him a victory in the general.

Be a whole lot easier if Biden would just wake up and go home.

I’m gonna agree with you on this one
Third party ticket is nonsense

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Manchin is a fucking attention whore. No chance of winning, this gadfly is a lying sack of shit. He claims that he wants to stop Trump from being president, when his candidacy would be the red brick road for a Trump presidency.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was Hunter Thompson who said as long as we are willing to vote for the lesser of two evils, the evils will get worse. No shit...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14389 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote