THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Competitive video gaming is more popular than the World Series

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Competitive video gaming is more popular than the World Series Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Bizarre.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/27...-spt-intl/index.html

Go Rangers!

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15130 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
New liberal generation

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
New liberal generation

You're an idiot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Baseball has been doing its damnedest to reduce the popularity of the game.

Changing rules, bizarre deals to “exclusive” outlets to watch games, lack of continuity, etc.

Adding the fact that unless you are into the game for the game’s sake, there are so many other sports options available and your own team is likely still viable in them…

It’s the midpoint of the NFL season, NHL and NBA regular seasons are on… and the world series just started.

It wasn’t that long ago that the WS was completed before it starts now.

Yes, I do think the current generation’s decreased attention span plays a role… on both sides. Kids are not willing to sit through over 3 hours of a slow game; and because of that, the league has changed its rules which has alienated some of the traditionalist fans.

Then add the malaise from the scandals over the years (Rose and betting, juicing, etc) and the game just isn’t “the Great American Pastime” anymore.

Posts: 10658 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Baseball has been doing its damnedest to reduce the popularity of the game.

Changing rules, bizarre deals to “exclusive” outlets to watch games, lack of continuity, etc.

Adding the fact that unless you are into the game for the game’s sake, there are so many other sports options available and your own team is likely still viable in them…

It’s the midpoint of the NFL season, NHL and NBA regular seasons are on… and the world series just started.

It wasn’t that long ago that the WS was completed before it starts now.

Yes, I do think the current generation’s decreased attention span plays a role… on both sides. Kids are not willing to sit through over 3 hours of a slow game; and because of that, the league has changed its rules which has alienated some of the traditionalist fans.

Then add the malaise from the scandals over the years (Rose and betting, juicing, etc) and the game just isn’t “the Great American Pastime” anymore.

Twinks suck. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, they won a series this year and have two WS championships in the last 30 years…. Better than most teams not starting with a Y.

Posts: 10658 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
New liberal generation

You're an idiot.

do you have a trademark on that phrase, or can anyone use it? Big Grin

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It will be a low rated series because to get ratings they need a West coast team vs an East coast team, as in LA vs NY. The Cardinals of Cubs would also work. 2 teams from the SW will have very limited draw. Just the way it is.

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
New liberal generation

You're an idiot.

do you have a trademark on that phrase, or can anyone use it? Big Grin

You guys are funny

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
New liberal generation

Exactly!

Go Rangers!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always respected Bruce Bochy as a manager.

Thought he got forced out in San Fran over the math monkeys.

What the Hell, Go Rangers!

Posts: 10957 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Rangers for me

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Baseball has lost popularity over the years because it’s become boring as hell. Games take 4+ hours. At any given time only 3 players are doing anything- pitcher, catcher and batter. The other 15 are standing around scratching their nuts and spitting tobacco. I would rather watch paint dry…. coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13164 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Get your kids, grandkids, nephews, younger brothers and little cousins off the video screen,.......it's actually just that easy.

It's a constant conversation to keep my little girl off of video, but I do it and I succeed. She's 7 just now and she'll have a mitt and ball next spring. No, I'm no baseball fan, but it'll help keep her off video.

Posts: 9131 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
High drama in Texas. Cory Seager ties it in the bottom of the 9th with a two run shot. Then Adolis walks it off in the 11th. Best Rangers game of all time. E-sports my ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrwshpsJMHM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
It was an awesome game! Woohoo Rangers!!!

I even stayed up way past my bedtime to watch it.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I'm a life long baseball fan and played as a kid.
I has a spell there where I went years without watching a single game - just interested in other things and we didn't even have close to as many diversions as kids have these days.

I watch more baseball and basketball now than I ever had before.

Generally, it's enjoyable but the single biggest detractor is terrible officiating that seems all too common these days.

Shitty calls, or no-calls in both baseball and football have too much bearing on the outcome.
We have the technology to make the perfect ball/strike calls at the plate and I understand why we want to keep the human element as long as it is leveled evenly to both teams but I think professional football officiating is the worst. I would not be surprised in the least if some NFL games are being deliberately steered by the officials.

Great ending to a great game last night.
A decisive walk off is a much better way to end a game than a shitty in the dirt strike call...

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
archer flame BOOM

clap beer tu2

Congratulations to the Texas Rangers!!! What an awesome season! Big Grin

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Rangers…

The better team won.

But I still suspect it was a relatively low viewership World Series. Not good or bad, just reality.

If baseball wants to become America’s game again, they have a tough road ahead of them. We’ve splintered the nation as far as entertainment goes.

One thing they could help themselves with is making sure the playoffs are done by mid October. Didn’t they used to call the teams playing in the WS the boys of October?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have done just the opposite by adding more playoff rounds. The affect has been more viewed at lest early on.i personally do not like the new rules designed to speed up the game.

If you want to speed up the game a simple fix would have been to stop letting hitters take time and “adjust”

Nomar Garciaprra was a walking rain delay.

Banning the shift slowed the game. There is no clock outs are the only way the game progresses.

It is programming. In my life time Baseball had two divisions per League. You played one playoff series to get to the WS.

Then we went to 4 divisions w another round of playoffs.

Then an extra Wild Card series.

We now have 2 wild cards, the division, and then the LCS, and WS.

Big bucks are paid and made to show all those games. The extra opportunity keeps teams trying to win (killing the Trade Deadline). The tv brings money. There is no reducing once it happens.

Here is the quicker, those low seed, last in only because of expansion, teams get to the WS like the Phillies. They win the WS like the Nationals.

Posts: 10957 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I'll be really honest - I used to prefer watching the games in person WAY over watching on tv - an while i can't "stomach" even the thought of eating a hotdog, i love beer and nachos -

When (a houston slang) "Dome-foam" beers prices rose to MORE than a full six pack, i began to lose interest in attending - don't get me started on the horror that has become of "nachos"

and then ticket prices went from less than $5 (a ten USED to get me a seat and 2 beers, with a tip) to whatever they are - Well, i worked a 15 minute walk from the stadium, and it was common practice for the office to be vacant during afternoon games, i went twice (that i paid for) - In both cases, the games seemed to never end, like hours and hours -

and even though now I have a standing free seat to watch the rangers at home, i nearly never go - it's too much of an investment of time vs the enjoyment

to be honest, i've played more video games, in terms of hours, this year, than i've sat in a stadium in the last decade - and I don't think i've turned on my gaming rig in 7 months

now, i've watched a BIT more college football than all of the others - GIG EM

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine took his 2 young sons to a KC Royals game and mediocre seating with a bit of food the game was well North of 200 bucks. Fifteen years ago. I hate to think what it is now. There are some really crappy cheap seats, but the averages are terrible. Dodgers the highest over 200 bucks per ticket. No thanks.

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I like to go watch the Rangers in person from time to time.

Watch mostly from home though.

I spend 0 time with video games.

J. Lane Easter, DVM