New
Find
Notify
Tools

. . . just curious Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
More than likely it will all be totally different next Spring so why everyone is so uptight now?

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I suspect there will not be much change.

Too much hatred!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:
On the other side of the coin you have Middle Eastern countries who ban a film because it doesn’t match the “moral values” of the state, yet that state has migrant labour living in virtual slavery and its citizens are very prominent in drinking, gambling and whoring when they are away from the thought police at home.

I’d rather be able to make my own choices thanks.

Touche' Saeed !

Frankly, the general person in the streets would rather live here right now than in your convoluted society.

I am not saying this, it comes frm everyone I ask!

Including Americans.

A lady from New York says she so so happy to be here with her family, she never worries about her kids coming home safely! clap

Good. Stay there. Hope you have oil money because if you don't, you'll be building shit for the people that have oil money or you'll be sweeping their floors.

If that is what you aspire to, then the UAE is your dream country.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd bet that Saeed's American friends are wealthy.

The rich can be happy anywhere, especially where they can find cheap servants.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
IMO nobody will decide how they vote until after primary debates and right before the votes

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . that wasn't the question Einstein. The question was whether anyone would declare their intention to support Trump in the Republican primary given the obvious disparity between his ostensible polling numbers, the absence of anyone announcing their intention to support him in the primary and folks coming out of the woodwork to say they will support someone else in the primary. I still maintain the disparity is explained by the cowardice and/or embarrassment of the Trump supporters.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Given how some of us get treated by you guys and we say no way to Trump, I can only imagine the kind of abuse that someone who would admit it gets.

My dad has said he supports Trump... although he is wavering. His justification is "look at the other side."

Exactly, I still read in here, but participating is like willingly setting my sack into the jaws of a bear trap.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3388 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly, I still read in here, but participating is like willingly setting my sack into the jaws of a bear trap.

Funny you say that Steve. I find this forum the BEST (safest) place to have the sort of discourse that happens here. Disagreement is expected. Otherwise, I would be disappointed - so much so that I would say to myself - What's the point?

Agreement is ok when it just happens, but seeking it here is a waste of time, IMO. It's like seeking affirmation. Watch Fox News with a bunch of your biddies, drink Bud Lite, tell dirty jokes, etc., if you want affirmation. Smiler

Here's a video for ya, Steve, so your balls will feel better:

https://youtube.com/shorts/DuEvl5fpXKc?feature=share

Pop a Bud Lite and watch it again.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

Funny you say that Steve. I find this forum the BEST (safest) place to have the sort of discourse that happens here. Disagreement is expected. Otherwise, I would be disappointed - so much so that I would say to myself - What's the point?

Agreement is ok when it just happens, but seeking it here is a waste of time, IMO. It's like seeking affirmation. Watch Fox News with a bunch of your biddies, drink Bud Lite, tell dirty jokes, etc., if you want affirmation. Smiler

Here's a video for ya, Steve, so your balls will feel better:

https://youtube.com/shorts/DuEvl5fpXKc?feature=share

Pop a Bud Lite and watch it again.

I absolutely don't want validation. I would like to offer up a different view and not get called a cocksucker for it.

I've explained my view on DJT in here and there was zero belief that I don't care if he gets thrown in jail. But the vast majority of the posters in here, refuse to be even-handed and take a close and objective look at the current administration.

My belief is that this administration has at least profited from ignoring Chinese expansionism. There is very little, if any discussion in here about that.

Our government and all the levers of power have successfully put us at each others throats. They have figured out how to achieve power through division, yet when I make a statement like "We as Americans, have far more in common than that which divides us", it goes ignored.

It seems like the division is desired. I'm not that way. I was. Now, I take out all my aggression racing bicycles now.

There is so much good-great about America, yet all we take time for is calling out each others position on politics with hostility.

There seems to be a dynamic in here that if you stay away from hostile confrontation, you're a pussy for some reason.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3388 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There seems to be a dynamic in here that if you stay away from hostile confrontation, you're a pussy for some reason.

I don't see it that way.

I don't see "hostile confrontation" nor think I engage in it. Those are two very big words. Wink

I see lively disagreement, which is as good as it gets, given the division you mentioned, and we know exists.

Actually, I think "hostile confrontation" is something for the streets and does not go well herein, which is why this is a relatively safe place.

If there are topics which you want discussed, then start your own thread appropriately titled.

It's that simple.

BTW, if you want a topic that's about your feelings, you can start that thread too, and see where it goes ---- oh, I forgot, you already did that. Wink

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But the vast majority of the posters in here, refuse to be even-handed and take a close and objective look at the current administration.

I don't know about the "vast majority" since I'm not keeping tabs.

"Even-handed" uhhh, hummm, are you talking about equivalence, as in false equivalence?

What good is that, other than to serve as deflection from the big one who's been indicted for multiple state and federal CRIMES?

The shit on Biden is Fox News turf. Get your false equivalence there. I'm sure you will find the objectivity you are looking for there.

There's been a special prosecutor anointed by the DOJ to investigate Hunter, et-al, which should satisfy most. But noooo - that's not good enough for the political fodder needed NOW for the distraction and affirmation.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

I don't see it that way.

I don't see "hostile confrontation" nor think I engage in it. Those are two very big words. Wink

I see lively disagreement, which is as good as it gets, given the division you mentioned, and we know exists.

Actually, I think "hostile confrontation" is something for the streets and does not go well herein, which is why this is a relatively safe place.

If there are topics which you want discussed, then start your own thread appropriately titled.

It's that simple.

BTW, if you want a topic that's about your feelings, you can start that too, and see where it goes ---- oh, I forgot, you already did that. Wink

I don't see "feelings vs civility" as the same thing. You and many others in here seem to think my feelings get hurt.

I see it as the same as arguing with my wife...why? It means nothing and gets you nowhere. If she demands an argument, I leave the room. If she follows, I leave the house.

Point being, why jump in a thread were, as I stated, my balls will surely get closed in a bear trap.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To my point on only caring what Trump does and letting Biden/HRC and other slide.

I think you and few others are Attorney's?

Would these statements get you disbarred?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA-lQEYaulc

Why wasn't Tara Reid taken seriously?

Her accusing of Biden "penetrating her with his finger" were never taken seriously. Yet someone like Kavanaugh was absolutely destroyed for the mere accusation?

The political spectrum sucks. Its a show, its all about division. I refuse to further divide this country, regardless of how small or meaningless this sub-forum is.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, you need to define "feelings" and "civility" for us herein, per your sensibilities, so we can provide the abiding respect you deserve. Smiler

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
To my point on only caring what Trump does and letting Biden/HRC and other slide.

I didn't ignore your whole post, just quoted part of it for focus.

That one sentence is loaded with assumption and even conspiracy theory (perhaps plural).

It's difficult to respectfully and adequately disagree with the underlying starting place(s), premise, loaded that way.

Such disagreement, done thoroughly, would need a thesis.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think you and few others are Attorney's?

You make me smile. Big Grin

One would think that's an insult. Normally it would be, but this place ain't "normal". Get it?

Instead, I consider it a compliment.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are a few who have the tendency to use gutter language in their responses.

ME isn’t one of those.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are a few who have the tendency to use gutter language in their responses.

ME isn’t one of those.

And I didn't accuse him of such.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to know if his lies, would get any other Lawyer, disbarred. (Biden)To be clear, the lies that he was caught on in the YT video I posted.

Or is lying on a firearms application a reason to be disbarred?

I have no idea, its why I asked.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with you re Biden and all the lack of commentary on him.

If you don’t want false equivalency, you should be willing to say bad stuff about Biden regardless of Trump’s issues.

False equivalency isn’t part of it.

No problems with a recitation of Trump’s problems. Just don’t say Biden is a good man.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree with you re Biden and all the lack of commentary on him.

If you don’t want false equivalency, you should be willing to say bad stuff about Biden regardless of Trump’s issues.

False equivalency isn’t part of it.

No problems with a recitation of Trump’s problems. Just don’t say Biden is a good man.

You get it. They say its not partisan, yet ignore an absolute corrupt family like the Bidens.

I'll ask again, When Biden lied about his law school record, is that an event that would get a Lawyer disbarred?

Or the plagiarism that forced Biden out of the 88 Presidential race, would that get him disbarred?

Hunter Biden is also a Lawyer, would his lying on a federal gun permit, get him disbarred?

They won't answer.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You get it. They say its not partisan, yet ignore an absolute corrupt family like the Bidens.

I'll ask again, When Biden lied about his law school record, is that an event that would get a Lawyer disbarred?

Or the plagiarism that forced Biden out of the 88 Presidential race, would that get him disbarred?

Hunter Biden is also a Lawyer, would his lying on a federal gun permit, get him disbarred?

They won't answer.

You ask multi-part questions and seem to expect yes or no type answers.

First, for example, for me to deal with your questions and premises, I would have to confirm or disaffirm your claims with research - maybe some fact-check somewhere on-line.

Is the Biden family absolute corrupt?

Did Biden lie about his law school record? Which Biden?

Was Biden forced out of the 88 race due to plagiarism? That's a two part assertion. Note the way you put it is assertion rather than question. Same for your whole post.

Did Hunter lie on a gun permit?

I don't know the answers to any of those questions off the top of my head. That fact may prove your point. I'm not interested enough to focus on that stuff, which to me doesn't matter.

As to the disbarment - do you not see the futility of the path of speculation?

Another important thing - one could be very busy sorting out the lies and embellishments and conspiracy theories about Joe and Hunter, etc., from the facts. That's the std M.O. of the Right propaganda machine, where the lies are just as good as facts, and they both become Truth in the Right's realm.

When all along, we have Trump in our face, with actual indictments based on magnificent evidence that we are all aware of for the most part.

We don't have to speculate about Trump. All we have to deal with is all the denials, diversions, what-about-them-isms, and so on.

What's especially disgusting is the premise, based in theory, internalized as Truth, that there's at least a two-tier justice system where the Bidens escape, and Trump is persecuted .

That's where you are coming from, yet invite us to engage.

And furthermore - you set-up your questions/assertions to make "us" wrong if we don't engage on your terms, with acceptance of your underlying "Truths".

We're simply on a vastly different page, multi-level. So, it's not an easy thing to argue with you. There is so much behind the front page.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the OP topic:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...69fcf21e9b7878&ei=46

53 percent in new poll say they would not support Trump if he is GOP nominee
Story by Lauren Sforza •
6h

More than half of Americans surveyed said they would not support former President Trump in the 2024 general election if he is the Republican nominee, according to a poll released Wednesday.

The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll found that 53 percent of Americans said they would definitely not support Trump if he was the nominee. Another 11 percent saying that they would probably not support him.

These new numbers come as GOP support for Trump has seemingly grown since April, even as the former president faces a number of legal challenges.

Sixty-three percent of Republicans in the poll say they want Trump to run again, which is slightly up from April — when 55 percent answered the same way. About 7 in 10 Republicans also now have a favorable view of the former president, up from 60 percent just two months ago.

Nearly three-quarters of Republicans also said they would support Trump if he becomes the GOP nominee, according to the poll, which was conducted before Trump and 18 allies were indicted Monday in Georgia related to efforts to overturn the 2020 election in the state.

Opposition to President Biden is not as strong as it is for Trump, with just 43 percent of Americans saying they would definitely not vote for him in 2024. Another 11 percent said they probably would not.

The poll was conducted Aug. 10-14 among 1,165 adults and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.8 percentage points.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Disbar Joe and Hunter, I have no problem with that. Throw them both in prison, fine by me. My issue with Trump is that it is Trump and his followers that allow someone like Biden to be elected. People that are so abhorrent to a majority of Americans that they make a person like Biden look like a viable alternative. Team MAGA is a cancer in the GOP and needs to be removed and relegated to the dustbin of history.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . that wasn't the question Einstein. The question was whether anyone would declare their intention to support Trump in the Republican primary given the obvious disparity between his ostensible polling numbers, the absence of anyone announcing their intention to support him in the primary and folks coming out of the woodwork to say they will support someone else in the primary. I still maintain the disparity is explained by the cowardice and/or embarrassment of the Trump supporters.

Buzz off numbnuts

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
We will count you as a “no”, either “no” I do not intend to support Trump in the Republican primary or “no” I do not have the fortitude and courage to admit that I am supporting Trump in the primary. Thank you for your participation.

tu2

Mike

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . come on bluefish, come out of the closet. Step up and admit you’re a Trump man in the primary. Show the courage of your convictions that apparently no one else on AR has.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Sure Jines if it makes you all tingly I have no problem saying I’ll vote for DJT in the primary. Happy? I don’t think Pedo Joe could find his ass with two hands at this point. Besides I have never believed him to be the one in charge. This is merely Barry 2.0.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Disbar Joe and Hunter, I have no problem with that. Throw them both in prison, fine by me. My issue with Trump is that it is Trump and his followers that allow someone like Biden to be elected. People that are so abhorrent to a majority of Americans that they make a person like Biden look like a viable alternative. Team MAGA is a cancer in the GOP and needs to be removed and relegated to the dustbin of history.

This is exactly what happened in 2016. Hillary was so repugnant to many voters that they voted for DJT to keep her out of office. Now, Trump is in Hillary's role. His followers, rabid in their devotion, may carry him through the primary and see him as the nominee. Their infatuation with their leader is such that they cannot appreciate that many Republicans loathe him. The result is likely to be, while Republicans will not be able to bring themselves to vote for Biden/Harris, they may well just stay home.
I cannot support Trump in the primary. If he is the GOP candidate, I am in the position of not being able to vote FOR anyone. What a freakin' mess! Regards, Bill

Posts: 3524 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote