Notify
Tools

GWB says hello to you all Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Looks like he has been very busy.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
He was just cleaning out the ole swimmin hole!

Man, there is some mighty fine eating there

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38501 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pic. Thanks for posting.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
GWB…salt of the earth man!

Always up to something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good on him!

I miss his hunts and photography here.

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
He was one of best and prolific contributors to AR. If I owned this website…he is exactly the type of member I want.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Prolific. I like that term. It is a much kinder term than spam. I guess Edmond was "prolific" too. I do miss the posts of articles by Sundance from The Conservative Treehouse, but fortunately bluefish has picked up the slack in that department.

Mike

Posts: 21236 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Prolific. I like that term. It is a much kinder term than spam. I guess Edmond was "prolific" too. I do miss the posts of articles by Sundance from The Conservative Treehouse, but fortunately bluefish has picked up the slack in that department.

He is not much different to Edmond.

I have never met either of them, but from what I hear from individuals who have, they are both very kind and helpful gentlemen.

But, trying to impose your own rules on the forums never works.

Both have been warned, both have been banned, and let back in again.

But sadly they did not wish to play by our rules.

We tend to run the site with lots of tolerance.

But limits must be set, and must be followed.

As simple as that.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67001 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The only difference between the 2 I might add…

GWB contributed immensely to other forums on hunting, shooting, knives, etc. He is a brilliant photographer and shared his work freely.

Edmund only spammed the ARPF and much more heavily than Glenn.

As much as Edmund annoyed me…I would gladly tolerate him to have GWB back in other forums.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is Saeed's sandbox(pun intended) after all and he is pretty darn tolerant. While I do not post spam, some of things I have posted would get me tossed off most sites, not here. Saeed not only dishes it out but can take it as well. Seems pretty easy stay on board if you were to ask me. How hard can it be to refrain from posting spam if you have been asked directly more than once?

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
This is the Political Forum. Most of what gets posted here is classified as spam by someone.

GWB was a wealth of information. He contributed to the knowledge base in the rest of the forum. You know the part where someone asks a difficult question about an unusual gun or knife and someone answers it.

Those are the kind of people a good shooting/hunting site needs as resources.

We all have our faults.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
This is the Political Forum. Most of what gets posted here is classified as spam by someone.

GWB was a wealth of information. He contributed to the knowledge base in the rest of the forum. You know the part where someone asks a difficult question about an unusual gun or knife and someone answers it.

We all have our faults.

True.

In your instance as America, half what is posted is considered spam by the other half.

That is immaterial.

It is what we, who run the site, consider as unacceptable that matters.

Posts: 67001 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

We all have our faults.

True.

In your instance as America, half what is posted is considered spam by the other half.

That is immaterial.

It is what we, who run the site, consider as unacceptable that matters.

Yessir.

Your house…your rules. I accept that and apply that to all aspects.

I will add however, humbly, that is a little difficult to figure out, at least for us dumb Americans, what is unacceptable in the ARPF.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
I have not seen any rules for ARPF
Is there any?
How do you go by not knowing
I. Have seen vile comments every day and people are still here so can I be enlightened?

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:

Man, there is some mighty fine eating there

And, several pairs of nice boots....

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15113 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
I have not seen any rules for ARPF
Is there any?
How do you go by not knowing
I. Have seen vile comments every day and people are still here so can I be enlightened?

Seems like the folks that end up getting the hammer are the ones who ignore Saeed's requests to stop spamming the board. My recollection is that both GW and Edward got a lot of warnings before they got the boot.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15113 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I recall, GW got banned more for his continuing to take an anti Covid stance that really pissed Walter off.

That said, Saeed has warned folks before.

Note to all- don’t ignore Saeed (or DRG) here when they make requests…

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I've disagreed with a few friends here quite strongly, ( and likely I was wrong,) and have never once been warned by the bosses.

I think it's plain and very easy to avoid admin censorship. Be reasonable, be nice, express your opinion and carry on. We all may very well think we are right, but that doesn't mean we try to force anyone else.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
I may differ in that opinion but then I don’t know much
All I hear Don ( whoever it may be ) banned lots of folks for just disagreeing with them…Saeed could pipe in

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I hear Don ( whoever it may be ) banned lots of folks for just disagreeing with them…Saeed could pipe in

didn't happen -- not once

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38501 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

No idea who the hell you are, but you are as ignorant of how AR works as it comes.

If we banned everyone who agreed with us, there won't be many left! rotflmo

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeffeosso:

Man, there is some mighty fine eating there[/QUOTYou would not catch me swimming there!

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He was one of best and prolific contributors to AR. If I owned this website…he is exactly the type of member I want.

quote:
GWB…salt of the earth man!

Always up to something.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

He is not much different to Edmond.

I have never met either of them, but from what I hear from individuals who have, they are both very kind and helpful gentlemen.

But, trying to impose your own rules on the forums never works.

Both have been warned, both have been banned, and let back in again.

But sadly they did not wish to play by our rules.

We tend to run the site with lots of tolerance.

But limits must be set, and must be followed.

As simple as that.

I have disagreed with Saeed and jeffeosso many times, respectfully, and have never received a warning. I take it that they respect difference opinions, as I do. That's the way it works in real life too.

Exchanging opinions or views is not a problem. After all what would this forum be without it? Spamming is a problem, especially with a BOT, like Ed did. Both GW and Ed did that (spam), despite warnings. Zealots WILL BE Zealots.

I like GW as a person. I have several friends and a relative or two, like him. But he's a challenge, ideologically.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19753 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No idea who the hell you are, but you are as ignorant of how AR works as it comes.

If we banned everyone who agreed with us, there won't be many left! rotflmo

I don’t know you either
It is just what I heard from others, but it doesn’t matter
I state my opinion and that’s all