Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hang Them In The Town Square! Login/Join 
Administrator
posted

Posts: 67035 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A little later on.
I would like to hear why he thought running the man over was a fun thing to do, first.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One has to wonder if there is a racist angle to this .

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1605 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
hate crime, on a retired police officer, and nevada has the death penalty -
quote:
A sentence of death is reserved for individuals convicted of murder involving aggravating circumstances.

Let's have a trial- exhibit A will be the defendant's video of them doing it

Probst was over 60, meaning felony homicide could be charged -

appeal
appeal

then lethal injection

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
What good exactly would it do for the Citizenry to hang them in public? We can't really think it's a warning to others can we?

Do the victims want revenge? Probably. I doubt the rest of us do, nor will it make "We the People " any better.

Regardless their age, the perpetrators should be removed from our society I think. Like a sex offender, I don't believe these kinds can be reformed or re educated for better. But if we resort to, "tit for tat", " I do you like you do me", I don't see how we're any more than them.

The time for intervention for these two was years before they committed the or a crime, not after. There'll be no justice in this case no matter what the end result. What's "right" was for the Chief to finish his morning bike ride without incident, additional deaths won't bring him back.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Couldn't hurt. Why should we have to pay to feed and house someone like this for the rest of his life?

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
My attitude is this sort of human trash have no right to breath normal air!

An innocent person unknown to them, has never done any of them any hard, and killed for likes on sick media.

Hang the bastards, and everyone like them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67035 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Couldn't hurt. Why should we have to pay to feed and house someone like this for the rest of his life?

If I understand correctly it costs us more to execute them than it does to house them.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

An innocent person unknown to them, has never done any of them any hard, and killed for likes on sick media.

What justice or vindication do you get? How is your day better after?

At least the Chief was innocent in all this. The guilty perps? Their mother? Their lives are as valuable as any of ours but by their own hand are ruined, doomed, destroyed. Very sad I think.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:

At least the Chief was innocent in all this. The guilty perps? Their mother? Their lives are as valuable as any of ours but by their own hand are ruined, doomed, destroyed. Very sad I think.

I am sorry.

I do believe in the old system, where one has to pay for his actions.

Killing an individual for just click on sick media, you have absolutely no right to living as a normal human being.

You have already removed YOURSELF from being treated as a valuable member of society.

This was not accident, it was done on purpose.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Tell me my friend, what is the difference between these two?

Why shoot the alligator?

And not those two utterly inhuman criminals?

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Scott the answer is some people just need killing. It appears to have been racially motivated

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If I understand correctly it costs us more to execute them than it does to house them.

I am not saying that is not true…but I have a hard time wrapping my head around that. And if it is…it is our bastardized criminal justice system that has arbitrarily made it that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
In China they drug them, lead them into a stadium, line them up and ea h has one standing behind him with a pistol.

BANG!

In the bs k of the head, end of story!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In China they drug them, lead them into a stadium, line them up and ea h has one standing behind him with a pistol.

BANG!

In the bs k of the head, end of story!

A goatherdocracy may look to Communist China as an example to aspire to, the United States of America does not.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:

I am not saying that is not true…but I have a hard time wrapping my head around that. And if it is…it is our bastardized criminal justice system that has arbitrarily made it that way.

I am right there, Lane - just can't get there from here

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
additional deaths won't bring him back.

I take it you aren't a death penalty proponent?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Correct.

As with several other topics, I'm not sure I'm right. In these circumstances I prefer to lean to conservatism, i.e. "don't make any sudden moves". There's no justice in killing a killer, it doesn't bring the victim back. Really, there's no justice in the prison system generally, it's not like a convict in jail makes a sexual assault victim or a robbery victim whole again.

In the last 50 years there's been 200 Americans sentenced to death who were subsequently released exonerated.

It is less expensive to house them permanently than it is to execute them and I personally feel it's important to minimize my breaking or possible breaking of The Ten Commandments Big Grin

I ask myself ; what are we teaching as a society or what are we modeling for our youth if we not only sanction the termination of human life, but we also train and employ some of our fellow Americans to carry out the procedure? Do we raise our sons to be executioners? Do we visit the Hangmans booth at the job fair at our kids highschool?

I tell ya, I don't even want my daughter to suffer the emotions of being a doctor. Id love her to be a sculptor, author, musician, etc,....
Executioner?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I am researching the statement that the execution costs more than keeping them in prison for life - the fed costs are higher, but i'll cover it later - there are 2363 State death row convicts, and 42(technically 41) federal death row.
state
federal 42 or 41

In searching, I went down a couple rabbit holes on what "life" meant, which in some states is 15 to 20 years before parole, but that isn't directly relevant. Let's assume a low of 20 years and a range to 30 years - that should cover the majority, with there being more cases higher than lower

The average cost, per year, in state prison (which hold most of the death row prisoners) is slightly more than $45K per year link here
Which means that the range of cost from $900,000 to $1,350,000 - roughly .9M to 1.35M, or an average of $1.1M more or less

a stiltedly worded, but valuable data, on the cost (we'll use per unit, not totals) can be found here

quote:
Prashant Yadav, a lecturer at Harvard medical school, said that states have paid as much as a 1,000% markup on execution drugs, compared to the usual market price of the drugs. “These drugs are being traded in a zone of unclear regulatory apparatus, and so they typically charge a higher price,” he said.

The cost of the drugs ranges from less than $90 (yes, less than ninety dollars) in TX to as high as nearly $64k in TN, with the average at $20k - let's add a factor of 5 to cover costs, for $100k for States

The $1M cost, bandied about? Well, it's an interesting story - but the fulcrum is the incarceration costs (see above) for the entire time is included in these costs - that is, the $1M to hold a prisoner is added to the cost - here

Here some of the components of the $1m cost
quote:
Why is the death penalty so expensive?
Legal costs: Almost all people who face the death penalty cannot afford their own attorney. The state must assign public defenders or court-appointed lawyers to represent them (the accepted practice is to assign two lawyers), and pay for the costs of the prosecution as well.
Pre-trial costs: Capital cases are far more complicated than non-capital cases and take longer to go to trial. Experts will probably be needed on forensic evidence, mental health, and the background and life history of the defendant. County taxpayers pick up the costs of added security and longer pre-trial detention.
Jury selection: Because of the need to question jurors thoroughly on their views about the death penalty, jury selection in capital cases is much more time consuming and expensive.
Trial: Death-penalty trials can last more than four times longer than non-capital trials, requiring juror and attorney compensation, in addition to court personnel and other related costs.
Incarceration: Most death rows involve solitary confinement in a special facility. These require more security and other accommodations as the prisoners are kept for 23 hours a day in their cells.
Appeals: To minimize mistakes, every prisoner is entitled to a series of appeals. The costs are borne at taxpayers’ expense. These appeals are essential because some inmates have come within hours of execution before evidence was uncovered proving their innocence.

In other words, it's the same costs until the point of execution to a house a prisoner for the same period of time

So, sure, the cost of holding someone for 20 years is roughly the same as holding someone for 20 years - so zero difference -
the specific costs of execution, which I stipulate $100k would be all inclusive, is roughly the cost of two years of "housing" all else being equal

I trust this disproves the concept that it costs more to execute prisoners than it does to house them for LIFE

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Scott,
I had assumed your nearly 200 found innocent was an overstatement, but found it to be truth - 192 in the last 50 years
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/policy-issues/innocence

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
I am researching the statement that the execution costs more than keeping them in prison for life - the fed costs are higher, but i'll cover it later - there are 2363 State death row convicts, and 42(technically 41) federal death row.
state
federal 42 or 41

In searching, I went down a couple rabbit holes on what "life" meant, which in some states is 15 to 20 years before parole, but that isn't directly relevant. Let's assume a low of 20 years and a range to 30 years - that should cover the majority, with there being more cases higher than lower

The average cost, per year, in state prison (which hold most of the death row prisoners) is slightly more than $45K per year link here
Which means that the range of cost from $900,000 to $1,350,000 - roughly .9M to 1.35M, or an average of $1.1M more or less

a stiltedly worded, but valuable data, on the cost (we'll use per unit, not totals) can be found here

quote:
Prashant Yadav, a lecturer at Harvard medical school, said that states have paid as much as a 1,000% markup on execution drugs, compared to the usual market price of the drugs. “These drugs are being traded in a zone of unclear regulatory apparatus, and so they typically charge a higher price,” he said.

The cost of the drugs ranges from less than $90 (yes, less than ninety dollars) in TX to as high as nearly $64k in TN, with the average at $20k - let's add a factor of 5 to cover costs, for $100k for States

The $1M cost, bandied about? Well, it's an interesting story - but the fulcrum is the incarceration costs (see above) for the entire time is included in these costs - that is, the $1M to hold a prisoner is added to the cost - here

Here some of the components of the $1m cost
quote:
Why is the death penalty so expensive?
Legal costs: Almost all people who face the death penalty cannot afford their own attorney. The state must assign public defenders or court-appointed lawyers to represent them (the accepted practice is to assign two lawyers), and pay for the costs of the prosecution as well.
Pre-trial costs: Capital cases are far more complicated than non-capital cases and take longer to go to trial. Experts will probably be needed on forensic evidence, mental health, and the background and life history of the defendant. County taxpayers pick up the costs of added security and longer pre-trial detention.
Jury selection: Because of the need to question jurors thoroughly on their views about the death penalty, jury selection in capital cases is much more time consuming and expensive.
Trial: Death-penalty trials can last more than four times longer than non-capital trials, requiring juror and attorney compensation, in addition to court personnel and other related costs.
Incarceration: Most death rows involve solitary confinement in a special facility. These require more security and other accommodations as the prisoners are kept for 23 hours a day in their cells.
Appeals: To minimize mistakes, every prisoner is entitled to a series of appeals. The costs are borne at taxpayers’ expense. These appeals are essential because some inmates have come within hours of execution before evidence was uncovered proving their innocence.

In other words, it's the same costs until the point of execution to a house a prisoner for the same period of time

So, sure, the cost of holding someone for 20 years is roughly the same as holding someone for 20 years - so zero difference -
the specific costs of execution, which I stipulate $100k would be all inclusive, is roughly the cost of two years of "housing" all else being equal

I trust this disproves the concept that it costs more to execute prisoners than it does to house them for LIFE

I'm under the impression that most death penalty convicts live about a life sentence in prison before they are executed. Am I wrong? Doesn't it take about 20 years to exhaust the appeals process before execution?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Scott,
I was comparing "housing" them for a life sentence vs the actual cost of execution - I believe in every up-level appeal they can make - assuming a higher court makes a better decision for reasons - and takes the local aspects out of it---

In the case of these two, exhibit A sort of wraps up the case - show that 5 times to juries, with whatever defense witnesses/experts they want - should be pretty rapid --

The Idaho killer? dude, that case is going to take FOREVER

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scott,
I was comparing "housing" them for a life sentence vs the actual cost of execution - I believe in every up-level appeal they can make - assuming a higher court makes a better decision for reasons - and takes the local aspects out of it---

In the case of these two, exhibit A sort of wraps up the case - show that 5 times to juries, with whatever defense witnesses/experts they want - should be pretty rapid --

The Idaho killer? dude, that case is going to take FOREVER

And let's you and me do everything we can to stay miles and miles away from anything to do with this topic right?

Good God, what a nightmare.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why shoot the alligator?

I wanted to speak to this specifically.

Mosquito Abatement goes on almost nation wide and the USA is the better for it. Wolves and Brown Bears were eliminated in the Lower 48 and our agriculture industry was the better for it. Prairie Dogs were poisoned, coyotes trapped, and even here in AK, Arctic Char had a bounty on them in order to preserve salmon and there was no down side.

I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever seen a snake that shouldn't be shot. I don't care, Lucifer took the form of a snake, so fuck that, fuck him, fuck snakes, where's my suppressed .22 Big Grin.

Why in the world do we have 14' long man eating reptiles living in urban America?!?!?!?! I live with man eating bears and wolves every day here, but there ain't but a few dozen of us residing here and the motion sensor outdoor lights send the predators scurrying.

I saw a video just today of an alligator wrangler roping a big gator off someone's front porch. Man, I mean that is the only reason I can see for a homeowner to have two 30 round magazines taped together for their AR. shocker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No death penalty and solitary for these charming Americans. Give them life in general population. These young boys will earn redemption.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It need not cost so much. I just bought 100 rounds of .45 ammo for about $100. A dollar a round, while outrageous, is a whole lot cheaper than the drugs. Put them on a timeline after they are sentenced to death. Let's say five years. If their lawyers can't stop it, it happens with a $1 bullet.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no objection to executing the guilty, but we really should make damned sure we're only executing the guilty.

Anything else is murdering the innocent, which our government shouldn't be doing.

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
I have no objection to executing the guilty, but we really should make damned sure we're only executing the guilty.

Anything else is murdering the innocent, which our government shouldn't be doing.

Is there any doubt about these low lives?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not much, but in this Country we place such store by "due process of Law" that it's in two different Amendments to our Constitution, including in the Fifth which, as one of the Bill of Rights, isn't really an amendment so much as an integral part of the Constitution.

All those appeals people hate so much are part of due process.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not much, but in this Country we place such store by "due process of Law" that it's in two different Amendments to our Constitution, including in the Fifth which, as one of the Bill of Rights, isn't really an amendment so much as an integral part of the Constitution.

Isn't the whole idea of due process is to make sure the guilty ARE guilty?

Why wast millions on jails and paying stupid lawyers for something we all know to be true?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why wast millions on jails and paying stupid lawyers for something we all know to be true?

Because what "all know to be true" too often turns out to be wrong. Eyewitness testimony, long considered the most reliable evidence there is, has been proven over and over to be very unreliable, police officers, either through corruption or a sincere belief in a suspect's guilt, manufacture, plant or slant evidence. If you and I are observed performing the exact same actions in exactly the same place yours will be interpreted as "suspicious" more frequently than mine, regardless of the reality.

We find people on Death Row who are factually innocent all the time but what we'll never know is how many we executed without ever discovering their innocence.

If we can make sure we have the right guy I'm all for whacking him, and for particularly egregious offenses I'd favor some relaxation of the prohibition against "cruel and unusual punishment" because some acts "deserve" exactly that; hell, if the pay is good enough I'll take the job on BUT, let's make sure we're right.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
It need not cost so much. I just bought 100 rounds of .45 ammo for about $100. A dollar a round, while outrageous, is a whole lot cheaper than the drugs.

The drugs are dirt cheap as well. Hundreds of animals are “humanely” euthanized each day for less than $100 of drugs.

Put them on a timeline after they are sentenced to death. Let's say five years. If their lawyers can't stop it, it happens with a $1 bullet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Because what "all know to be true" too often turns out to be wrong. Eyewitness testimony, long considered the most reliable evidence there is, has been proven over and over to be very unreliable, police officers, either through corruption or a sincere belief in a suspect's guilt, manufacture, plant or slant evidence. If you and I are observed performing the exact same actions in exactly the same place yours will be interpreted as "suspicious" more frequently than mine, regardless of the reality.

We find people on Death Row who are factually innocent all the time but what we'll never know is how many we executed without ever discovering their innocence.

If we can make sure we have the right guy I'm all for whacking him, and for particularly egregious offenses I'd favor some relaxation of the prohibition against "cruel and unusual punishment" because some acts "deserve" exactly that; hell, if the pay is good enough I'll take the job on BUT, let's make sure we're right.

Are we wrong in this instance?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are we wrong in this instance?

I don't know. I haven't seen "evidence", I've seen media reports and video of unknown provenance.

Understand, if that were my family member laying dead in the road that might well be enough for me to hunt down and kill this useless asshole, and it might not go gentle with him, BUT...

I expect a great deal more of my government than I do of myself. I know how I am, I've been there every time I ever did stupid or evil shit.

My Country is supposed to be better than me.

There are a bunch of irritating little shithole countries that better hope it always is.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Why shoot the alligator?

Mosquito Abatement goes on almost nation wide and the USA is the better for it. Wolves and Brown Bears were eliminated in the Lower 48 and our agriculture industry was the better for it. Prairie Dogs were poisoned, coyotes trapped, and even here in AK, Arctic Char had a bounty on them in order to preserve salmon and there was no down side.

I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever seen a snake that shouldn't be shot. I don't care, Lucifer took the form of a snake, so fuck that, fuck him, fuck snakes, where's my suppressed .22 Big Grin.

Why in the world do we have 14' long man eating reptiles living in urban America?!?!?!?! I live with man eating bears and wolves every day here, but there ain't but a few dozen of us residing here and the motion sensor outdoor lights send the predators scurrying.

I saw a video just today of an alligator wrangler roping a big gator off someone's front porch. Man, I mean that is the only reason I can see for a homeowner to have two 30 round magazines taped together for their AR. shocker

Here's to you, Scott
https://youtube.com/shorts/iLr...?si=-TBmy8dBEHgdsMcy

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why shoot the alligator?

Here's to you, Scott
https://youtube.com/shorts/iLr...?si=-TBmy8dBEHgdsMcy

Yeah, like I said, two 30 round magazines taped together for an AR.

I had a 6.8SPC built for me a year ago. I don't have any use for it, but it does rattle off the Barnes TSX's pretty accurately and effectively. Were I residing in gator country id keep it handy. shocker

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Scott,
you might appreciate this
https://youtube.com/shorts/qII...?si=o-6KrPxE2pUnqGVe

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Man, I regularly read about gators coming out of ponds to eat old ladies.

They said in the article Saeed posted that the gator was humanely euthanized or something like that. shocker shocker shocker

I hope by humanely they mean an artillery attack followed by some mortars followed by a couple magazines from a near by assault rifle followed by a sledgehammer, spear, icepick and steel toed boots.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It need not cost so much. I just bought 100 rounds of .45 ammo for about $100. A dollar a round, while outrageous, is a whole lot cheaper than the drugs. Put them on a timeline after they are sentenced to death. Let's say five years. If their lawyers can't stop it, it happens with a $1 bullet.

Disagree on a time limitation on the legal process. But, agree on the methodology at the end of the road. Assuming you're going to have a death penalty, why all the gnashing of teeth about how it's carried out? Take them out, make them dig a hole, shoot them in the head and kick them into the hole.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not believe in killing humans. Now, having said that, who in the hell thinks these guys qualify as humans? I don't. They are inhuman monsters. The evidence is 110% solid. Kill them.

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote