Find
Notify
Tools

Hang Them In The Town Square! Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
I do not believe in killing humans. Now, having said that, who in the hell thinks these guys qualify as humans? I don't. They are inhuman monsters. The evidence is 110% solid. Kill them.

Just another example of what somebody "believes" not mattering.

I believe because I've seen it; the things I don't believe in tend to be the ones nobody ever sees.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
It need not cost so much. I just bought 100 rounds of .45 ammo for about $100. A dollar a round, while outrageous, is a whole lot cheaper than the drugs. Put them on a timeline after they are sentenced to death. Let's say five years. If their lawyers can't stop it, it happens with a $1 bullet.

Disagree on a time limitation on the legal process. But, agree on the methodology at the end of the road. Assuming you're going to have a death penalty, why all the gnashing of teeth about how it's carried out? Take them out, make them dig a hole, shoot them in the head and kick them into the hole.

Fine, but who do we get to do that? Yours or my kids? You or me? Our spouses or other loved ones?

If you and I send our third cousin Lucky Eddie to do that as a career for 25 years how do we redeem him upon retirement? At the Thanksgiving day family table how do we welcome and feel at home with cousin Lucky Eddie?

The thought of execution is horrific unless we relegate it in practice and principal to faceless and nameless others. That seems immortal to me.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
I do not believe in killing humans. Now, having said that, who in the hell thinks these guys qualify as humans? I don't. They are inhuman monsters. The evidence is 110% solid. Kill them.

Just another example of what somebody "believes" not mattering.

I believe because I've seen it; the things I don't believe in tend to be the ones nobody ever sees.

Eye for an eye. Their guilt is not even debatable. Those on death row who were later exonerated were highly debatable in the first place.

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:
It need not cost so much. I just bought 100 rounds of .45 ammo for about $100. A dollar a round, while outrageous, is a whole lot cheaper than the drugs. Put them on a timeline after they are sentenced to death. Let's say five years. If their lawyers can't stop it, it happens with a $1 bullet.

Disagree on a time limitation on the legal process. But, agree on the methodology at the end of the road. Assuming you're going to have a death penalty, why all the gnashing of teeth about how it's carried out? Take them out, make them dig a hole, shoot them in the head and kick them into the hole.

Fine, but who do we get to do that? Yours or my kids? You or me? Our spouses or other loved ones?

If you and I send our third cousin Lucky Eddie to do that as a career for 25 years how do we redeem him upon retirement? At the Thanksgiving day family table how do we welcome and feel at home with cousin Lucky Eddie?

The thought of execution is horrific unless we relegate it in practice and principal to faceless and nameless others. That seems immortal to me.

There should be few capital offenses, simple murder can be dealt with by long prison terms, a life for a life. You're not literally taking the killer's life but you are most definitely taking it away, whatever he/she enjoyed in life won't be inside, the hours won't even be the same 60 minutes they are used to.

For mass murderers, or serial killers who will inevitably kill again, inside or out, putting them down should be done as expeditiously as possible within the framework of getting as close as is humanly possible to certainty of guilt.

Then you have sexual predators who target children. The death penalty for these is not a proper punishment, some lovely blend of the medieval and modern technology might be interesting, but is simple self defense by society writ large. There's probably no class of criminal more inclined to re-offend if given a chance; I oppose them ever having that option.

Treason is so narrowly defined by the Constitution that it rarely comes up but the punishment is also referred to there.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:

I remember when they resumed capital punishment and executed Gary Gilmore in 1977. He was shot by a firing squad in Utah and the number of people who volunteered to serve was astounding.

There wouldn't be any problem finding people who would be willing to carry out the sentence.

Trust me, I'm with you: I wouldn't do it. And, my position on capital punishment is that while I support it in theory, the actual process that results in a conviction leading to a capital sentence is frequently flawed. The fact that a black man is nearly 4 times more likely statistically to be sentenced to death than a white man who commits the same crime makes that clear.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote