New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Leading the Way Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
After the invasion of France in World War II, the social upheaval turned neighbor against neighbor, Christian against Jew. Similar events occurred during the earlier Spanish Civil War.

During times of severe social unrest, these occurrences are commonplace. Not the same degree, yet, the early signs are here in America.

In all cases, after the issues are resolved, there comes a time of reckoning.

Trumpism feeds on division and hate. There shall come a time for these who inspired and indulged to be held responsible. I’m betting that before this is over, Trump will be sentenced to at least 20 years. Those rabid supporters will slink back into the shadows and loon supporters will be hard to find.

Posts: 8615 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If we need to get rid of anyone it's Democrats. This divisiveness started with Obama. No Democrats, no problem.

Posts: 10105 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What did Obama do or say to cause divisiveness?

His reaction to demand for his birth certificate was much like mine would be. What other president has been subject to that demand?

Posts: 6295 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin to name but two.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another event in Brownsville, Texas yesterday.
Some person in a Range Rover ran over (Plowed into them) and killed 8 people at buss stop.
It is on video..
It is suggested it was done on purpose.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:

It began much earlier than those two but they are good examples for sure and some of his most divisive work. He opened up with the Henry Louis Gates Jr. incident just 6 months in in July 2009. Even he realized how wrong he was with his comments here and tried his best to turn it into a win with the so called “beer summit.”

0bama is a racist radicalized by his father and through out his life by the likes of people like Jeremiah Wright (“God damn America”).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
What did Obama do or say to cause divisiveness?

His reaction to demand for his birth certificate was much like mine would be. What other president has been subject to that demand?

It is a requirement to be POTUS.

ALL preceding him were easily verifiable and I am sure all were vetted by the press.
0bama’s birth was unverifiable by public record. He should have put it to bed early on. The way he handled it just raised more suspicion and to date…I don’t believe anyone has actually seen the document to verify its authenticity.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
If we need to get rid of anyone it's Democrats. This divisiveness started with Obama. No Democrats, no problem.

Too stupid to appreciate the irony of your own position. 2020

The divisiveness started when you all became FOX News/right wing conservative "news" industry zombies.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15294 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know who those men were, but I can't figure out what they have to do with my question.

Brown was a two-bit thug who stupidly charged a police officer. Even the BLM types have dropped Brown from their martyrs gallery.

Martin was a tragic case of a reckless and aggressive black kid who took fists to a gun fight with a white Hispanic guy. Shouldn't have been a racial issue, but it was.

Obama made statements intended to give comfort to the Brown and Martin surviving families.

And then people who had no stake in those families' losses decided that Obama had done something divisive. While it never occurs to them that they are the moving part of the divide.

I'm proud to have voted for Obama twice. He was the best president of my adult lifetime. He steered us out of the Great Recession the Republicans has left on his doorstep. And he got the worst criminal and mass murderer of modern times, after eight years of Republican failures to capture or kill him. When Obama was in office, I was proud to identify myself as American when I traveled abroad. When Trump was in office, I tried to pretend I came from New Zealand.

Posts: 6295 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have listed President Obama’s comments on Marin before on here, and the actual video.

There is nothing divisive about what was said on Martin.

Posts: 11276 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I have listed President Obama’s comments on Marin before on here, and the actual video.

Your opinion only. It and $5 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I for one disagree.

He didn’t just comment once. It was rolling commentary.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:

Right. If I had a son he would look like Trayvon Martin. Rather he could have said to his fellow Americans that it was a bad situation and we all need to let the facts come out before rushing to judgment. That is what non decisive language looks like pal. What Obama did was put people against one another.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is hardly the fault of Obama that this shooter embraced far right ideology. You might look at right wing media as a cause but it is sure as hell was not BO.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had nothing against obo as a person, but his policies were brutal on our ag industry.
What were working farms here, are now full of second and third vacation homes for the rich. Never to be open land again. Where you would see deer feeding and flocks of geese, are giant houses used 2 weeks a year.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
It is hardly the fault of Obama that this shooter embraced far right ideology. You might look at right wing media as a cause but it is sure as hell was not BO.

It is the fault of Obama for sowing division with those statements and I think it was done purposefully.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I had nothing against obo as a person, but his policies were brutal on our ag industry.
What were working farms here, are now full of second and third vacation homes for the rich. Never to be open land again. Where you would see deer feeding and flocks of geese, are giant houses used 2 weeks a year.

Like Merna WY, and soon Bondurant. I weep for them...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14421 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It is the fault of Obama for sowing division with those statements and I think it was done purposefully.

WOW, just WOW. We have a far right nutter wearing a "Right Wing Death Squad" patch who held neo-nazi ideals shooting innocent people and you want to place the blame on Obama?

I am at a loss for words.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
If Obama was president today, BLM would get the Presidential Medal of Honor! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67310 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

WOW, just WOW. We have a far right nutter wearing a "Right Wing Death Squad" patch who held neo-nazi ideals shooting innocent people and you want to place the blame on Obama?

I am at a loss for words.

I was talking about something specific and then generally how Obama created greater division in this country. At no time did I blame Obama for a recent event. A little intellectual honesty on your part in this conversation will go a long way.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

I think Obama is a smart guy. Why else would he wade into taking sides? You think he did not know his supporters would take his side?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
_Obamas birth place mattered NONE. His mother was a US citizen and I think it was in the 1930's a situation such as his MIGHT have been--born on foreign soil was covered. His mother being US Citizen had him covered in the Constitution making them eligible. Trying to make it an issue is a case of some Repubs not being informed of the Constitution..

Posts: 3810 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
It seems to me in order of importance we need to:

Get the angry or crazy folks to not want to lash out in anger or crazy.
Or,

Make the angry crazy folks not lash out. Lock em up, chain em up, fly them all to a remote desert island.
Or,

Keep the deadly weapons out of the angry crazy hands.

The first seems the most possible and likely to succeed.

Posts: 9201 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
Just posted:
Culprit was a 33 yr old employeed as a security guard.
Mauricio Garcia was his name.
Had body armor hand gun and assault type rifle.

?????????

Reportedly:

Discharged from the Army :
" mental health" , on a medical discharge , not a less than honorable.

Was allowed to take Security training up to Level 3 (armed).

TX Level 3 License not renewed in 2020
Reportedly continued to work @ Level 2 Security capacity

Reportedly , recently moved into an extended stay hotel (moved out from the family)

Looks to be:
yet another mental health issue shooter

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
The truth is there is a substantial faction of the right in the US who could never accept Obama's presidency as legitimate. Whether this was due to his race or unusual name is anyone's guess.

The right's hatred of Obama led them to follow their favorite bigot, Trump, with his phony claims about Obama's birth certificate. This was the true source of the big division in Americans.

Rightwingers latched on to any pretext for delegitimizing Obama, and the left-wingers resented the low blows on their candidate. You can't look at anything Obama did or said without also considering the nature of the attacks against him.

Obama was elected by a majority of Americans. The "divisiveness" comes from the fact that the disgruntled minority lost and could never come to grips with it.

You would like it to be that way but you only tell 1/3 of the story. And, I am not denying some truth in your words. But, in the end, it was his actions and words who set us into division. He could have actually been a great success. The ball was in his court multiple times. He NEVER missed an opportunity to say/act the exact wrong way for the country to unite behind him…including the whole birth certificate thing.

You are so completely full of shit, your mouth must be full. I think it was your friend Jim who called Obama a n####r right here on these very forums. And, here we are, all these years later, with you still pushing the birth certificate issue, trying to delegitimize his presidency and blame him for your racism and intolerance. Of blacks, immigrants, gays, transgenders, etc. It must suck to have so much hate in your heart.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

I think Obama is a smart guy. Why else would he wade into taking sides? You think he did not know his supporters would take his side?

Taking sides? You mean taking the side of the dead kid? You know: the human being who didn't walk away from the encounter?

Maybe Obama wanted to console the dead kid's family. You ever think of that? Maybe he cared more about giving them a measure of consolation than what some small-minded white folks would try to make of his comments.

For you to say Obama was trying to be divisive is a laugh.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Your opinion only. It and $5 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I for one disagree.

Lest we believe your feeling of being divided is just caprice or prejudice, how about providing a few of Obama's rolling comments that were divisive?

The only remark I remember was, "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon," or something like that. I may not be the most thick-skinned 69-year old white guy, but I'm damned if I can find anything to offend or divide me in those words.

Obama's words weren't in any way directed at me. They were aimed at consoling a grieving family.

My God, are a couple of you sensitive!

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

Taking sides? You mean taking the side of the dead kid? You know: the human being who didn't walk away from the encounter?

Maybe Obama wanted to console the dead kid's family. You ever think of that? Maybe he cared more about giving them a measure of consolation than what some small-minded white folks would try to make of his comments.

Consolation, if that was Obama's goal, could have been accomplished in a variety of ways without appearing to take sides. A leader would know this.

I said Obama was decisive and I stand by it. That my opinion does not validate your political worldview does not make it any less my opinion just as you have your own. Remember when Obama said he was going to undertake the radical transformation of America? You're living it, bud.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
The truth is there is a substantial faction of the right in the US who could never accept Obama's presidency as legitimate. Whether this was due to his race or unusual name is anyone's guess.

The right's hatred of Obama led them to follow their favorite bigot, Trump, with his phony claims about Obama's birth certificate. This was the true source of the big division in Americans.

Rightwingers latched on to any pretext for delegitimizing Obama, and the left-wingers resented the low blows on their candidate. You can't look at anything Obama did or said without also considering the nature of the attacks against him.

Obama was elected by a majority of Americans. The "divisiveness" comes from the fact that the disgruntled minority lost and could never come to grips with it.

You would like it to be that way but you only tell 1/3 of the story. And, I am not denying some truth in your words. But, in the end, it was his actions and words who set us into division. He could have actually been a great success. The ball was in his court multiple times. He NEVER missed an opportunity to say/act the exact wrong way for the country to unite behind him…including the whole birth certificate thing.

You are so completely full of shit, your mouth must be full. I think it was your friend Jim who called Obama a n####r right here on these very forums. And, here we are, all these years later, with you still pushing the birth certificate issue, trying to delegitimize his presidency and blame him for your racism and intolerance. Of blacks, immigrants, gays, transgenders, etc. It must suck to have so much hate in your heart.

Not even worthy of reply.

But…NO hate here.

…an accusation from a man who can’t even complete a sentence without a 4-letter expletive. Give me a break. 2020

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

It’s the stark truth is what it is.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Obama the divider and Trump the uniter....in the world of alternative facts 2020

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

It’s the stark truth is what it is.

You do not know truth. You cannot even agree that horse racing has a drug problem when the most successful trainer gets banned for drugging horses.

Your rationalization of Jan 6 prove that.

You cannot point to one divisive word in President Obama’s rose garden address on that issue. You just hate him, so you declare it as such.

https://obamawhitehouse.archiv...n-could-have-been-me

Trevon Martin could have easily been me growing up in Mud Creek. I would have turned and faced that wannabe cop too.

I do not have a problem with the jury not convicting the shooter. I have a problem with the decisions the shooter made that caused all this to be.

Posts: 11276 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Do you have a problem with Trayvon picking a fight?

Do you have a lie with Hands Up Don't Shoot?

Do you have a problem with George Floyd's autopsy demonstrating he died from heart failure rather than the claimed asphyxia?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lest we believe your feeling of being divided is just caprice or prejudice, how about providing a few of Obama's rolling comments that were divisive?

I am sure you have more free time than I and are capable of using a search engine.

The only remark I remember (I can’t help that your memory is bad.) was, "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon," or something like that. I may not be the most thick-skinned 69-year old white guy, but I'm damned if I can find anything to offend or divide me in those words.

Obama's words weren't in any way directed at me. They were aimed at consoling a grieving family.

My God, are a couple of you sensitive!

They had no gravity with me either.

But you would have to be a complete moron to not be able to look back in history and see how he divided the nation and pitted race against race.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you have a problem with Trayvon picking a fight?

Do you have a lie with Hands Up Don't Shoot?

Do you have a problem with George Floyd's autopsy demonstrating he died from heart failure rather than the claimed asphyxia?

The jury decided the facts applied to the law the court provided. The whole incident was created by the Shooter’s stupidity in following someone he was told not to follow and b followed someone who had a right to be here.

I would have turned to face the same following me on Mud Creek.

I have no issue calling the shooter stupid.

Too many in here are looking to get into a self defense shooting.

A gun is not to deescalate, the more you can do to put clean hands on your side the better.

I have no issue putting my hands on the gig line and leaving.

I am certainly not following someone.

George Floyd, my problems rest solely with the police.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Guess that's what makes for horse races, eh?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you think the Martin shooter acted intelligently and how ccw citizens should act, you are walking on dangerous ground.

It is not a horse race to tell you a firearm and a ccw is not to deescalate a situation. It is to meet the objective threat of death or serious physical injury.
The more you can do to avoid it. The more likely a) it won’t happen (that is a good thing) and b) the jury will find you acted w justification.

As for the cop in Floyd. I bet he wishes he just put him in the back of the cruiser. That was what should have happened.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for the cop in Floyd. I bet he wishes he just put him in the back of the cruiser. That was what should have happened.

He did once and he came out resisting.

And…this horse was “doped” …on the combination of methamphetamine and fentanyl.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He held him there directly causing his death.
Why did he hold that position when he had him restrained and enough back up to put him in the cruiser.

Now you know more than the jury and court.

The Appellate process will tell us if there are any errors of law.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
He held him there directly causing his death.
Why did he hold that position when he had him restrained and enough back up to put him in the cruiser.

Now you know more than the jury and court.

The Appellate process will tell us if there are any errors of law.

George Floyd worked as a bouncer…educated in fighting and resisting restraint. He was high on the most pain killing medication known to man — fentanyl. He was psychoactively enhanced on meth. “YOU” go restrain him and put him into the back of a sedan twice…I will pass and I will also give a pass to the man who HAD to restrain him. I damn sure don’t want the job and I appreciate those who step up.

J. Lane Easter, DVM