New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Leading the Way Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
. . . in mass shootings. While our Governor does zip. It’s a weekly occurrence here now. Better arm yourself in Texas, we have gone back to frontier conditions. Meanwhile the Legislature steps up by considering legislation requiring school children to be trained in trauma medicine. Ride for the brand baby!

Mike

Posts: 21263 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It really IS unbelievable.

Practically every day, one opens the Net and there is fresh news of utterly senseless killings.

WHY? WHY? Why?

It my wildest nightmare, I could never imagine killing people who have done me no harm!

Also, I am at a loss of how to prevent this, apart from education on the value of human life.

May be putting gallows in the town square, and immediate hanging those bastards who commit these crimes might be a start!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67049 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Practically every day, one opens the Net and there is fresh news of utterly senseless killings.

WHY? WHY? Why?

It my wildest nightmare, I could never imagine killing people who have done me no harm!

Also, I am at a loss of how to prevent this, apart from education on the value of human life.

May be putting gallows in the town square, and immediate hanging those bastards who commit these crimes might be a start!

Gallows wouldn't work. The punishment, consequences don't alleviate desire.

Americans aren't growing up, aren't being raised as they were historically. No one, not one single American today is taught or believes they are "United", fellows as in fellowship or as has been said here, of the same brand, "ride for the brand!".

Today we're to broad, to diverse, to disparate. These Americans aren't shooting their brothers, neighbors or fellow citizens, they are killing their enemies, competition, interference and irritations, i.e, gnats and bugs.

The only solution I see is to return to the start, grade one, and change the education, change the way babies, kids, youth, young Americans see and think about each other. I may not like him or agree with him, but Schrodinger is my brother and friend. Mitchell is my brother and friend. M.E., Jtex, The Doc's, and Back40 are my brothers and friends.

We're going to need to value each other, be loyal to and be defensive of/ prejudiced towards and for each other if our "States United" will continue.

Posts: 9141 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:

WHY? WHY? Why?

Americans aren't growing up, aren't being raised as they were historically. No one, not one single American today is taught or believes they are "United", fellows as in fellowship or as has been said here, of the same brand, "ride for the brand!".

Today we're to broad, to diverse, to disparate. These Americans aren't shooting their brothers, neighbors or fellow citizens, they are killing their enemies, competition, interference and irritations, i.e, gnats and bugs.

The only solution I see is to return to the start, grade one, and change the education, change the way babies, kids, youth, young Americans see and think about each other. I may not like him or agree with him, but Schrodinger is my brother and friend. Mitchell is my brother and friend. M.E., Jtex, The Doc's, and Back40 are my brothers and friends.

We're going to need to value each other, be loyal to and be defensive of/ prejudiced towards and for each other if our "States United" will continue.

A good start would be the "adults" not supporting the divisive talking heads on either side of the political spectrum. I see no benefit at all from tuning in to Rachel Maddow or Tucker Carlson and listening them smear anyone with an opposing viewpoint. If your parents are always angry in the house you grow up in, there is a pretty good chance you will be angry as well.

I agree that we need to place a greater value on our fellow Americans, even those we disagree with.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Diversity is our strength

Posts: 3453 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
Diversity is our strength

Agreed, we do not all have to see things the same, you can and should treat others with respect regardless.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A year ago about now, a teacher stopped to buy a load of compost. She just stopped by yesterday again.
I had asked her how school was at the end of lockdown last year, and the kids back. She said then, the kids changed. They were quick to snap at anything. She told of coming on to three girls beating another viciously in the hall. That they just didnt know how to interact anymore.
I asked her yesterday the same question. She said it's a little better, but not the way it was pre-covid, still students in small groups quick to take offense with another group.
The lockdown had no impact on me, as I am happiest alone. But, there seems to be a very real impact from it. To much time on the internet and watching TV?? I dont know. Scott is right that parents need to be more involved with the kids, but maybe parents being stressed contributed too. Being home more, railing against whatever their gripe at the time.
Just rambling thoughts, no study behind it. I have no answers other than there are usually people who see the signs before these things happen. Nobody wants to get involved, but it seems like it's time people got involved.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . in mass shootings. While our Governor does zip. It’s a weekly occurrence here now. Better arm yourself in Texas, we have gone back to frontier conditions. Meanwhile the Legislature steps up by considering legislation requiring school children to be trained in trauma medicine. Ride for the brand baby!

My Dad had one rule about criticizing. If you were going to criticize…come also with a plan for a better way or potential solution.

Let’s hear it. coffee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36680 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is very apparent people get far more confrontational over the internet dialog than in person.
Simply can create unnecessary anxiety.
That appears the way people want to communicate either texting or on forums.
In our business I stress verbal and in person communications. You might find out most people are engaging regardless of political or religious beliefs.
Follow up you discussions with a e-mail.
I believe we have moved far more to a very independent society.
Lets get out more and get to know one another.
Perhaps we can better identify issues and support our communities.
We all have to be open to listening.
You know two ears and one mouth..

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
1. The large corporate merchandisers with the constant barrage of advertisements have told Americans what the “good life” is: what toys one must purchase.

2. The tv and movie industry (that people spend much of their waking moments watching) tells Americans what kind of social life one should have.

3. The well meaning liberals for decades have created safety nets for those who don’t have it so good to the point that Americans feel entitled.

The media has created the need and the liberals have created the entitlement.

When one doesn’t have the life he feels entitled to, it breeds contempt and anger against the society he now feels that owes him. The quality of life or lack thereof is not the gunman’s fault and someone has to pay and they lash out in anger and frustration

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The solution for Texas is to get rid of the do-nothing Republicans in Austin; Abbott, Patrick, Paxton for starters. We need a governor that doesn't have his brain in a wheel chair.

MAGA-Republican politicians have made it easier for mass-shootings to occur. ledvm knows steps that should be taken, but he doesn't have the will, or the balls, to express them. So we are left with this:

Governor Greg Abbott says "our hearts are with Allen". That's the new "hearts & prayers" throw-away comment.

Lt. Governor Dan Patrick says “Please join Jan and me in mourning the victims of the unspeakable tragedy in Allen. Please also join us in prayer for the victims' families." That should take care of it.

Our criminal Attorney General, Ken Paxton says "Pray for Allen". That should prevent any future mass shooting. Thank you so much.

Ted Cruz is silent, maybe it hasn't hit the papers in Cancun.

Texas Republican Representative, Keith Self, chimed in with his useless drivel, reminding everyone of store trashing in Chicago. nilly https://www.huffpost.com/entry...1788e4b0452cee9e4309

The way to wake up the Republican Party is to vote Democratic on everything until the MAGA faction dies out.

Republican politicians, particularly in Texas, have turned America into a banana republic. They worry more about sexual orientation of M&Ms than they do about stopping mass shootings.

Texas Republican "leadership" did nothing after Uvalde, why should we expect anything different this time?

Posts: 13784 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
1. The large corporate merchandisers with the constant barrage of advertisements have told Americans what the “good life” is: what toys one must purchase.

2. The tv and movie industry (that people spend much of their waking moments watching) tells Americans what kind of social life one should have.

3. The well meaning liberals for decades have created safety nets for those who don’t have it so good to the point that Americans feel entitled.

The media has created the need and the liberals have created the entitlement.

When one doesn’t have the life he feels entitled to, it breeds contempt and anger against the society he now feels that owes him. The quality of life or lack thereof is not the gunman’s fault and someone has to pay and they lash out in anger and frustration

BOOM

100%

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36680 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
The solution for Texas is to get rid of the do-nothing Republicans in Austin; Abbott, Patrick, Paxton for starters. We need a governor that doesn't have his brain in a wheel chair.

MAGA-Republican politicians have made it easier for mass-shootings to occur. ledvm knows steps that should be taken, but he doesn't have the will, or the balls, to express them. So we are left with this:

Governor Greg Abbott says "our hearts are with Allen". That's the new "hearts & prayers" throw-away comment.

Lt. Governor Dan Patrick says “Please join Jan and me in mourning the victims of the unspeakable tragedy in Allen. Please also join us in prayer for the victims' families." That should take care of it.

Our criminal Attorney General, Ken Paxton says "Pray for Allen". That should prevent any future mass shooting. Thank you so much.

Texas Republican Representative, Keith Self, chimed in with his useless drivel, reminding everyone of store trashing in Chicago. nilly https://www.huffpost.com/entry...1788e4b0452cee9e4309

The way to wake up the Republican Party is to vote Democratic on everything until the MAGA faction dies out.

Republican politicians, particularly in Texas, have turned America into a banana republic. They worry more about sexual orientation of M&Ms than they do about stopping mass shootings.

Texas Republican "leadership" did nothing after Uvalde, why should we expect anything different this time?

Please enlighten me on “my” ideas to stop this trend.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

My Dad had one rule about criticizing. If you were going to criticize…come also with a plan for a better way or potential solution.

Let’s hear it. coffee

Not sure how you solve problems, but most folks start by looking to determine if there is any commonality between incidents to see if there are certain elements that seem to be consistently present across a reasonable number of the incidents. Once they have identified any such elements they try to look at whether the elements are solvable or insolvable. Of the elements that are solvable, they might consider factors such as the ease of implementing the solution, the speed with which the solution could be implemented, the negative consequences of the solution if any, etc. Then they get off their ass and start fixing the problem.

Not sure about you, but it certainly seems to me like these mass shooting involve a number of common elements that could be addressed fairly quickly, e.g., the age of the shooters, the types of weapons used, the mental health history of the shooter. In Texas we cannot even get the Legislature to agree that increasing the age to purchase firearms from 18 to 21 is appropriate. While there may be deeper underlying elements such as upbringing, social changes generally, the solutions to those problems do not strike me as solutions that can be addressed either easily or quickly. Not suggesting that we ignore those, simply that you might be stupid to wait years and decades for those to be solved, if ever, and depend on training children in trauma care in the meantime realizing more will be shot.

Or on the other hand, we can, as Einstein defined insanity, continue to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:

I betcha Irish Bob would stop it all!

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed
quote:
I too am at a loss and don't know if there is a real answer. Along the same lines is security of military bases. After 9-11 untold amounts have been spent on security that in my books does zero. Goodfellow AFB, for example has a device you drive over when you are leaving the base but after you cross it if you backed up spikes would flatten your tires. This is a specialized item and probably cost a fortune. Hmmm a terrorist is leaving base, has already done his dirties but perhaps needed to pick up a loaf of bread at the commissary but can't return? Use to be you had a decal on your windshield and the gate guard waved you through. Now they check every ID. An armed and ready terrorist pulling up to the gate would give the guard no chance---even easier would be use a drone to fly in a bomb to the Gate shack. Then to top all this off there are several miles of chain link fence. How much trouble would a terrorist have plowing through that in a big truck loaded with armed terrorists?

Concealed carry is not allowed on base, so the few military police are the only one armed which would make it safer and be an advantage for a terrorist.

What is the answer? Wish I knew. But in my books current practices may look good to some but to me a big waste of money.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:

WHY? WHY? Why?

A good start would be the "adults" not supporting the divisive talking heads on either side of the political spectrum. I see no benefit at all from tuning in to Rachel Maddow or Tucker Carlson and listening them smear anyone with an opposing viewpoint. If your parents are always angry in the house you grow up in, there is a pretty good chance you will be angry as well.

I agree that we need to place a greater value on our fellow Americans, even those we disagree with.

Ugh, how many times do we have to be told to put down the phone/ get off social media/ get away from the TV and computer.

Diversity is a strength, but I don't think that's how it's seen or taught. It seems that since we're different than each other we see an instant danger.

I better get outside. Big Grin

Posts: 9141 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

Let’s hear it. coffee

Not sure how you solve problems, but most folks start by looking to determine if there is any commonality between incidents to see if there are certain elements that seem to be consistently present across a reasonable number of the incidents. Once they have identified any such elements they try to look at whether the elements are solvable or insolvable. Of the elements that are solvable, they might consider factors such as the ease of implementing the solution, the speed with which the solution could be implemented, the negative consequences of the solution if any, etc.

Guaranteed all that info is compiled and tabulated.

Then they get off their ass and start fixing the problem.

Ahh…the difficult part.

Not sure about you, but it certainly seems to me like these mass shooting involve a number of common elements that could be addressed fairly quickly, e.g., the age of the shooters, the types of weapons used, the mental health history of the shooter.

This last one…I agree with. The age can’t be changed. Are you saying you support banning types of guns?

In Texas we cannot even get the Legislature to agree that increasing the age to purchase firearms from 18 to 21 is appropriate.

Mainly because 18 year olds are eligible to serve in the military. Guess we could make a carve out exception for those who serve.

While there may be deeper underlying elements such as upbringing, social changes generally, the solutions to those problems do not strike me as solutions that can be addressed either easily or quickly. Not suggesting that we ignore those, simply that you might be stupid to wait years and decades for those to be solved, if ever, and depend on training children in trauma care in the meantime realizing more will be shot.

How do you implement a program to solve those?

Or on the other hand, we can, as Einstein defined insanity, continue to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

Doing “something” that does nothing…also insane.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . ah, the old let's do nothing solution. It's a great answer until it is your friend, loved one or family member that is hauled off to the morgue with a 5.56 round through their forehead.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Multiple wrongs don’t add up to right.

For schools harden them.

I am for making state mental health hospitals a thing again.

Other than those 2 things…it is a society issue. Our society is sick. The more we gravitate towards a pure Democracy…the sicker it will become and the cure further from reach.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing will be done. Abbott has already gone on the record today stating that nothing will be done. We'll be back here in a few days or a few weeks or a few months having this same discussion after some lunatic with an AR-15 kills a bunch of innocent men, women and children.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want to drill down to the age category being targeted it might be good to talk to your children more often.
They are likely more aware of their surroundings than adults attempting to put a finger on this issue.
Having dinner together more often and general small talk might provide some clues.

I have not seen any details as to the culprit in this recent event in Allen.
All I have heard is that there was a heavy set person dressed in all black that was not covered up at the scene suggesting it may be the shooter.
Stepped our of a sliver colored car and began shooting.
Has been suggested, there may be some common links perhaps tied to social media? Influence??
I am sure people are attempting to turn over every rock for clues.

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Some things can’t be changed by the “best made plans of mice and men.”

Limiting gun sales isn’t going to do it, simply because there are too many guns out there already. Outlaw assault weapons, and albeit, maybe not as many will die, but it will be done by handguns. Those politicians that advocate new gun laws, if successful, in my opinion, won’t really accomplish much.

Education won’t do much, either. It takes a lot of years to indoctrinate.

This will only end when something cataclysmic occurs to the US where these poor sick bastards have someone or something to hate and blame for their own personal failures, rather than their fellow American.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just posted:
Culprit was a 33 yr old employeed as a security guard.
Mauricio Garcia was his name.
Had body armor hand gun and assault type rifle.

?????????

one of us
posted Hide Post
"There is a special place in hell for people (and politicians) who watch all this happen and choose to do nothing" to help prevent mass shootings.

Posts: 13784 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
You have an answer? No one else seems to. I submit this happens when we become increasingly secular and morally unhinged.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I think those that suggest that there is no answer are simply saying there is no answer that they personally find acceptable. In other words they are content to have these events continue to occur, to rack up four, five, nine, a dozen bodies every week or so, maybe some school children thrown in from time to time, because they find addressing the issue offensive and inconvenient.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
You have an answer? No one else seems to. I submit this happens when we become increasingly secular and morally unhinged.

I will suggest it is more the increasing political radicalization:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...white-215851000.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you fill out government forms, medical forms, insurance forms, they will typically ask for your ethninticity.
White is caucasian. Generally there is a non white hispanic or hispanic.
When we hire people, Hispanic are considered a minority (non white).
You would assume the culprit in this case was hispanic by his name.
I suppose any culture can choose what ever political affiliation they choose.
Every race has a section of their population that chooses a pro position based on their color.
That is unfortunate and will not change.
I believe they are a small group compared with the population however they are very vocal and outspoken.
This method of communication is beyond comprehension and cannot see how it targets an advisary of political affiliation. He had no idea who he was shooting.
If he was pro white who were his targets? Black, Hispanic, Asian, Indian or Catholic, Jewish?

I believe Schro provided a good analogy.

quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:

I will suggest it is more the increasing political radicalization:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...white-215851000.html

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Mjines, these mass shootings probably could be stopped, but legally? At what price?

It’s self evident, that there has to balance between the cost for stopping the shooting against our constitutional rights and freedoms.

The US never stopped drug use or drug trafficking, which I submit was easier than stopping these shootings.

It seems that we humans have a hard-wired need for an enemy. Unfortunately, we may another Pearl Harbor to bring Americans together

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
9/11 didn't bring us together for more than what a few weeks? What will another war do? Whether liberals here want to admit it or not the undeniable truth is this nation became much more divided under Obama than it was before Obama. And it hasn't gotten better since.

The simple fact is that someone who will willingly shoot up a mall or wherever, unless mentally screwed up in the head, is a morally bankrupt individual. Nothing is furthered by such craven acts.

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Bluefish, the freak was your ideological brother: far right-wing loon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Trump furthered it. Biden has not been the uniter he said he was going to be. So far, nothing looks to change with the political choices we are given.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bluefish, the freak was your ideological brother: far right-wing loon.

Without knowing specifically what this loony toon thought I disagree; I am for extremely limited government. I do not favor violence as a means to an end politically. My greatest fear is that we turn on one another politically through violence.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The truth is there is a substantial faction of the right in the US who could never accept Obama's presidency as legitimate. Whether this was due to his race or unusual name is anyone's guess.

The right's hatred of Obama led them to follow their favorite bigot, Trump, with his phony claims about Obama's birth certificate. This was the true source of the big division in Americans.

Rightwingers latched on to any pretext for delegitimizing Obama, and the left-wingers resented the low blows on their candidate. You can't look at anything Obama did or said without also considering the nature of the attacks against him.

Obama was elected by a majority of Americans. The "divisiveness" comes from the fact that the disgruntled minority lost and could never come to grips with it.

Posts: 6170 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Nothing will be done. Abbott has already gone on the record today stating that nothing will be done. We'll be back here in a few days or a few weeks or a few months having this same discussion after some lunatic with an AR-15 kills a bunch of innocent men, women and children.

What ‘exactly’ do you want him to do Mike!?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some things can’t be changed by the “best made plans of mice and men.”

Limiting gun sales isn’t going to do it, simply because there are too many guns out there already. Outlaw assault weapons, and albeit, maybe not as many will die, but it will be done by handguns. Those politicians that advocate new gun laws, if successful, in my opinion, won’t really accomplish much.

Education won’t do much, either. It takes a lot of years to indoctrinate.

This will only end when something cataclysmic occurs to the US where these poor sick bastards have someone or something to hate and blame for their own personal failures, rather than their fellow American.

BOOM

The Cat is on a roll.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
Just posted:
Culprit was a 33 yr old employeed as a security guard.
Mauricio Garcia was his name.
Had body armor hand gun and assault type rifle.

?????????

Wow!

Employeed as a security guard. Surely there is a background check that goes into that?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mjines, these mass shootings probably could be stopped, but legally? At what price?

It’s self evident, that there has to balance between the cost for stopping the shooting against our constitutional rights and freedoms.

The US never stopped drug use or drug trafficking, which I submit was easier than stopping these shootings.

It seems that we humans have a hard-wired need for an enemy. Unfortunately, we may another Pearl Harbor to bring Americans together

Another sage post.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
The truth is there is a substantial faction of the right in the US who could never accept Obama's presidency as legitimate. Whether this was due to his race or unusual name is anyone's guess.

The right's hatred of Obama led them to follow their favorite bigot, Trump, with his phony claims about Obama's birth certificate. This was the true source of the big division in Americans.

Rightwingers latched on to any pretext for delegitimizing Obama, and the left-wingers resented the low blows on their candidate. You can't look at anything Obama did or said without also considering the nature of the attacks against him.

Obama was elected by a majority of Americans. The "divisiveness" comes from the fact that the disgruntled minority lost and could never come to grips with it.

You would like it to be that way but you only tell 1/3 of the story. And, I am not denying some truth in your words. But, in the end, it was his actions and words who set us into division. He could have actually been a great success. The ball was in his court multiple times. He NEVER missed an opportunity to say/act the exact wrong way for the country to unite behind him…including the whole birth certificate thing.

J. Lane Easter, DVM