New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bud Lite goes woke...... Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
One of my friends laughed about the commercial. He said wow, we now have queer beer! Yes, he is gay.

~Ann

Posts: 19171 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Not sure what your reply means.

I do not have a problem with Cash being a social justice warrior. You obviously do.

I do not care for much if Willie’s music. I recognize his song writing skill. He is still a pot head who did not pay his taxes.

Look at the post;

President Trump we agree,

Iraq Invasion (not Afghanistan) we agree,

Lack of value for human life we agree,

Christians giving you a hard time about your non married girlfriend we agree,

Congress not caring about people who do not donate to them in large amounts (we generally agree),

Death penalty eligibility for people who kill children we agree. The difference is I helped do something about it. You just run your mouth.

And I do not give up.

One last thing. I am 34. Married once for 12 years. I have no mortgage. I paid that before I was 27. I am not a child. I am the highest level trial prosecutor in the state.

Lawyers across the state call me for help. I grew up as poor as anyone here from a home you cannot understand. I paid for my education with my grades. I never had to take a student loan. All things are relative. Some call me rich.

I will be the next Judge here if I want it.

I have the Dem Governor and the GOP Senate President personal phone on speed dial.

There is not a catastrophe on my region that does not have my personal response.

I am not your kiddo. I let a lot slide. Not that. The person I was a kid to died when I was 17.

You start living what you preach. You talk about respecting people while dehumanizing these people.

You want to live in relative idol in Alaska away from the “problems.” Good for you. That is your choice. I made mine.

You seem to talk about me a lot for someone who does not care.

I do not care about JTex opinion about me. I care about his stupid positions as detailed in previous threads including this one.

Science he says. What about the science that says gender dysphoria is a condition treated by transition when appropriate? That is always ignored by those who hate trans folks here.

At the end of the day, from my point of view it does not matter. She has caused you, me, Jtex, no harm. However, he feels empowered to insult her. He can go straddle a Billie goat.

He sure does worry about trans people a lot.

I too was once a young professional. Graduated Magna Cum Laude from TAMU College of Veterinary Medicine, Board Certified in Equine Surgery on first testing etc etc. I became a partner in a large practice at 34. I was sought after to speak at all major meetings (still am) and in the hierarchy of the major organizations.

I was staunchly pro-choice at the time, had the answers to all world problems (in my own mind), and thought of myself as a financial whiz and business guru as well. People used to tell me all the time…”you are a nice guy but you are anything but humble.” They meant it in a jokingly way as I was a go to guy for tough cases.

At 59, I am pro-life. And I see that a lot of things “I used to know”…were wrong or at least not 100%.

You may not be a “kid” but you still have a lot of mental maturation ahead of you. You can lash out at me for saying this as I did when people told me the same. But when you are near the end of your career and reflect back…you will see I was correct.

People back then told you that you were "anything but humble?"

And, you thought they were joking? rotflmo

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Face it, if you are a surgeon you have to have a great deal of self confidence, or you can’t do your job.

I’ve seen Lane make a lot of hard statements.

I’ve also seen him admit when he’s wrong.

One problem arises when you collectively can’t agree on truth. Usually it’s related to judgement calls.

In his field, if he’s wrong, you have a dead horse. Very binary in your facts.

The legal field (IANAL) seems to be shades of gray that people want to be black or white. So lawyers tend to have very different perspectives than scientists or engineers.

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is not Budweiser any longer and was sold off years ago.
Owned by a Brazilian / European conglomerate.
It is all about $$ now..

Budweiser and Bud Light are both owned by Ab InBev, an international beer conglomerate with more than 600 beer brands in its portfolio. Furthermore, both Budweiser and Bud Light were invented by the same company, Anheuser-Busch, although Budweiser was invented in 1876 and Bud Light in 1981.

Every time I see a good company acquired by a larger company simply looking for profits the soul of the company dies.
It so no longer about the product, employees or customers.
Its identity is nothing more than commercial marketing.
Profits!! Does not matter where it comes from.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In college 75-79 we would buy Lone Star long necks at Gibson Discount center buy the case for 25 cents each BUT we had to return the bottles.
Drank a lot of 25 cent Lone Star in those days. Not $10 margarita's. Also had no giant college debt.

Today ? Beer?
A shiner on tap in a freezing cold schooner!

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
You sure seem threatened by her.

You really think it's now a her?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I heard a really cool comment from an 80 year old recently, a small business owner, father and grandfather, owner operator of a DeHavilland Otter on both wheels and wheelskis for a cool factor.

He and I were talking about something incidental and he couldn't remember the name of a co worker of mine. My friend asked, " uh,.....that fellow down there,.......what's that,.......what's that kids name?" I giggled to myself a little because that "kid" was 57 at the time, a couple older than me. Big Grin

And that's just the way it is and should be. The 30 year old kids that insist on telling all of us they know better don't, and certainly don't have the experience to back up their claim. Here I am 55 and I know full well and agree with the 60, 70, and 80 year olds that believe in many ways I am a kid and in all ways I'd be better off keeping my mouth shut and listening some. I may not agree with "gramps" today, but it's always possible that down the road a little wisdom might be revealed in previous conversations.

I bet about three times a week Doc Mitchell says to himself, " King, you dumbass!" and I'm not positive he's wrong. hilbily

Posts: 9139 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just because you are getting old does mean you need to become a curmudgeon, the second part is optional.
old

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Its only something that resembles beer, so makes sense to get someone that only resembles a woman to promote it.

X2, Wink

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1605 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Face it, if you are a surgeon you have to have a great deal of self confidence, or you can’t do your job.

I’ve seen Lane make a lot of hard statements.

I’ve also seen him admit when he’s wrong.

One problem arises when you collectively can’t agree on truth. Usually it’s related to judgement calls.

In his field, if he’s wrong, you have a dead horse. Very binary in your facts.

The legal field (IANAL) seems to be shades of gray that people want to be black or white. So lawyers tend to have very different perspectives than scientists or engineers.

Yeah, we get to ask a jury if you made a mistake. And, let them decide.

And, remind me when Lane said he was wrong.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People don't always acquire wisdom as they age. Some get more foolish.

Posts: 6163 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here I am 55 and I know full well and agree with the 60, 70, and 80 year olds that believe in many ways I am a kid and in all ways I'd be better off keeping my mouth shut and listening some. I may not agree with "gramps" today, but it's always possible that down the road a little wisdom might be revealed in previous conversations.

Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36651 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A prime example of getting more foolish or at least not as generous as age settles in: my father. When he was 35, he was a Democrat who believed strongly in helping the poor.

By the time he was 65, he was a Republican and didn't give a shit about the poor.

Now, he's 92 and a big Trump supporter. Has FOX News on twelve hours a day. Still doesn't give a shit about the poor, and thinks "Trump was sent by God to save our country."

Looking back at my own life and career, I peaked, was at my sharpest, at about age 45.

Posts: 6163 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Wisdom and “sharpness” are 2 different things.

Professionally in some ways (mostly physical) I peaked about 45 as well.

In the area of business management and medical diagnostics which is mostly experience and wisdom…I still get better every year.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36651 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was 45, my legal skills as a trial lawyer were at their best. I was good at it, and was confident or arrogant enough to have gone to trial against any lawyer in the country. I knew the evidence rules, including the 25 exceptions to the hearsay rule, by heart. I could control thousands of documents, and dozens of witnesses--keep it all in my head for calling up when needed.

When I retired from lawyering at age 59, trials no longer challenged and interested me much. I'd seen too many incomprehensible or unjust results. I settled cases more often, on the best terms possible for my client. I tried to avoid the clients who refused to settle, while bitching about their attorney's fees. I advised clients that if we went to trial and won, they might never collect. Or the amount they win could be less than their costs. I believed that most all civil cases can and should settle.

So, Ledvm, I'll concede you are partially right: wisdom does come with age. But wisdom isn't everything.

LHeym is probably approaching the peak of his skills as a lawyer. I enjoy reading his legal analyses, and you know what?

He's usually right.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was in college maybe fist senior semester or second junior semester, a professor asked when do you become an adult.

I answered you you start paying a mortgage. That upset some in class. I hold that position today.

The obvious exception would be long term renter working. None of us were that.

Here is a something I am very proud of.

In the 4th grade we had an assignment to make a list of what we want to accomplish with our lives. It was after the class took us to local businesses, officials to ask questions about their careers and how they got those positions. The list was the homework to that assignment. I went to the Commonwealth Attorney.

Go to college debt free,
Good score on the LSAT,
Go to Law School (debt was not conditional, but I did that debt free),
Not live on the community I grew up in,
Make 6 figures,
Own a home (no debt),
Travel overseas (no where specific),
Become an assistant Commonwealth Attorney (The Commonwealth attorney has to be elected. Elections. People from Mud Creek do not get elected. Lack of control to make it happen)
Marry Well.

I have minors do this that come into the Court system when appropriate.

As far as peaking, physically that was 24-27.

Intellectual, ask me in 2 years after this murder trial.

Posts: 10970 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I was in college maybe fist senior semester or second junior semester, a professor asked when do you become an adult.

I answered you you start paying a mortgage. That upset some in class. I hold that position today.

In the 4th grade we had an assignment to make a list of what we want to accomplish with our lives. It was after the class took us to local businesses, officials to ask questions about their careers and how they got those positions. The list was the homework to that assignment. I went to the Commonwealth Attorney.

Go to college debt free,
Good score on the LSAT,
Make 6 figures,
Own a home (no debt),
Become an assistant Commonwealth Attorney (The Commonwealth attorney has to be elected. Elections. People from Mud Creek do not get elected. Lack of control to make it happen)
Marry Well.

That you think you are any kind of mature only speaks to the decades you've got to go. There's no 50 or 70 year old here that disagrees with me.

Posts: 9139 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
When I was 45, my legal skills as a trial lawyer were at their best. I was good at it, and was confident or arrogant enough to have gone to trial against any lawyer in the country. I knew the evidence rules, including the 25 exceptions to the hearsay rule, by heart. I could control thousands of documents, and dozens of witnesses--keep it all in my head for calling up when needed.

When I retired from lawyering at age 59, trials no longer challenged and interested me much. I'd seen too many incomprehensible or unjust results. I settled cases more often, on the best terms possible for my client. I tried to avoid the clients who refused to settle, while bitching about their attorney's fees. I advised clients that if we went to trial and won, they might never collect. Or the amount they win could be less than their costs. I believed that most all civil cases can and should settle.

So, Ledvm, I'll concede you are partially right: wisdom does come with age. But wisdom isn't everything.

LHeym is probably approaching the peak of his skills as a lawyer. I enjoy reading his legal analyses, and you know what?

He's usually right.

A champion racehorse is put out to pasture and stud having barely achieved adulthood.
A brave and victorious soldier is taken off the front line and is relegated to "The Rear", training and management before growing a single gray hair.

Eisenhower was elected president at 63 years of age, did America miss something when he was 30?

At the age of 53 Ike was made Supreme Allied Commander by FDR. Did America miss something when Ike was 35?

What ignorant arrogance to tell yourself and others that having achieved 30 you are at your peak and prime. Pity the fool that thinks it's all downhill from there.

In the interim I plan to correct a few physical short comings like fat and weight, but truthfully, I look forward to achieving 60 and 70 years of age. I hope I can enjoy 80. I believe my decades of experience can make life better, can lead to wiser decisions. The strength of my youth was entertaining, but in my youthful ignorance I didn't do myself any favors and occasionally hurt others and the latter pains me.

I've been the blathering blowhard that said things like, "I've been telling you all," and, "I'm gonna be a judge and the governor's got me on speed dial!".

In decades of retrospect I wish I'd of shut the fuck up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
President Trump calls for ending the Justice Department, and no one cares on here.

A private company hires a spokesperson who has done no crimes and harmed no one. However, it has 700 plus views

We have real problems. This topic is not one.

What is clear is a very large part of our listers care what others do with themselves, what private companies fo from a hiring standpoint.

Those are not very libertarian or conservative positions.

Gaging at gnats while choking down President Trump calling for suspension of the Constitution and his reinstatement as President.

Scott King: There is no blathering when you challenge to my credentials is checked.

If you wish I can send my appointments to you. I have others on here.

I am also a state Commissioner that regulates for profit schools in KY. Ask and I will send it to you.

You want to call me a kid. No, I will not let my life’s work be made trivial by you.

You have no superiority to me or anyone else here.

So, take your condensation, your attitude, and go complain about the church that looked down on you for an unmarried girlfriend.

What I am. I am. I will gladly stay here ruining your day apparently.

The only thing I have to do to live the life
you wanted to live is not die in my sleep.

Discuss me as you wish. If I am your biggest problem, you have a blessed life.

Posts: 10970 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Trump calls for ending the Justice Department, and no one cares on here.

A private company hires a spokesperson who has done no crimes and harmed no one. However, it has 700 plus views

What is clear is a very large part of our listers care what others do with themselves, what private companies fo from a hiring standpoint.

Gaging at gnats while choking down President Trump calling for suspension of the Constitution and his reinstatement as President.

Scott King: There is no blathering when you challenge to my credentials is checked.

I am also a state Commissioner that regulates for profit schools in KY. Ask and I will send it to you.

You want to call me a kid. No, I will not let my life’s work be made trivial by you.

So, take your condensation, your attitude, and go complain about the church that looked down on you for an unmarried girlfriend.

You are a kid you jackass and like so many others you are more or less two scandals away from proving me right.

Self righteous twat, look around you. A 2023 reenactment of Blagovich is right up your alley.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
Just because you are getting old does mean you need to become a curmudgeon, the second part is optional.
old

You are right and no I don't get to.

Isn't it a little odd that at 55 years of age I get to, want to and have to be best friends with all the kindergarten girls? That funny I think, but true. My girl is a kindergartner and so I have to befriend the rest of those snotty noses in order to earn their trust and confidence to defend mine and by extension them. I can't afford to be on the "outs" with any of them I think you'd agree.

"Curmudgeon"? I'm the cupcake guy! The class snacks dad! The bring school supplies to the teacher and arm the principal with a case of Goldfish parent.

Curmudgeon. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I really wanted to be a lack of a better word, jerk. I would go off on you shall address me as Commissioner or your Honor like a doctorate of veterinary medicine did here.

You want to know why I take offense to kiddo I have told you.

I am not anyone’s son, kid, youg’n, use whatever condescending term you want.

I have earned my adulthood.

Here is a scary thought for you and your side King. I am the closest to you in demographic and voting you are going to have in my age and education demographics.

Now, make any reply you desire.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I'm not really scared. I think I've fairly well insulated myself from you retards and if you get to close id happily relocate, exodus.

There's new adventures to be had in Argentina, Angola, hey, Canada! that's a short trip. Expats are annoying the citizens of Portugal I read. Maybe I could take some lessons in Snooty from our attorney friends here and settle in The Riviera.

Do your darndness kiddo, there's a big world out there you haven't been out of diapers long enough to know about.

Me either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:

Go to college debt free,
Good score on the LSAT,
Make 6 figures,
Own a home (no debt),
Marry Well.

That you think you are any kind of mature only speaks to the decades you've got to go. There's no 50 or 70 year old here that disagrees with me.

Wrong Scotty, I am mid 50's and seem LHeym500 as very mature. You sure do like painting with those broad brushes.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

YOU have real problems, in the West.

You have started glorifying the unacceptable in human terms.

Your universities that have been so great in the past, don't allow anyone a free opinion any more.

Blacks who have never been slaves, are demanding payment from white who have never owned slaves.

What an utterly fucked up society yours have become!

A freak is upset because he wants to be a woman, but has a dick and balls, and doesn't know whether to go to the ladies or gents toilets??

Fucking hell, what next?

Serving shit in 5 star restaurants? rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67042 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Back to the OP.

Joshua (please feel free to call me Lane…I did make the Dr. quip to someone here who was being obnoxious once but meant it mainly in jest) inquired as to why this thread had interest. I will give my explanation.

I am a diagnostician. Difficult diagnostic challenges are what still piques my interest professionally. I am very tuned in to normal or maybe a better word would be homeostasis. Deviations in homeostatic physiology are clues…they almost always mean “something.”

As a citizen of the USA, I try to stay dialed-in to the homeostasis of the country. Things such as the reference of this thread are deviations. They mean something.

Here lately Isaiah 5:20 has been resonating in my mind as it seems to illustrate the era in which we inhabit.

“They say that what is right is wrong and what is wrong is right; that black is white and white is black; bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter.”

Now, for my whole life…we could find examples of I 5:20 present in society. Examples have always been around. However, always before truth/reality prevailed. The untrue/non-reality was rejected by the majority.

In today’s era…that is beginning to flip. We are starting to accept that what is right as wrong and that what is wrong as right; that black is white and white is black; that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter..

This^^^deviation concerns me. It is evident that it concerns others as well. Hence Joshua…the interest in this thread.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I really wanted to be a lack of a better word, jerk. I would go off on you shall address me as Commissioner or your Honor like a doctorate of veterinary medicine did here.

Here is a scary thought for you and your side King. I am the closest to you in demographic and voting you are going to have in my age and education demographics.

You want to be addressed by a title now or did I read that incorrectly? Your typing is often off and I shall hold my opinion as to why that may be.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In today’s era…that is beginning to flip. We are starting to accept that what is right as wrong and that what is wrong as right; that black is white and white is black; that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter..

You indict yourself there, along with every other American who voted for Trump.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:

You indict yourself there, along with every other American who voted for Trump.

Suffice it to say I disagree…but is a debate for a different thread.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 327 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hahah!!!!!

When you have to tell someone you are an adult......you really are a child! animal

I "shall" address you as a small, self impressed child! rotflmo

Oh dear God! What a child!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

YOU have real problems, in the West.

You have started glorifying the unacceptable in human terms.

Your universities that have been so great in the past, don't allow anyone a free opinion any more.

Blacks who have never been slaves, are demanding payment from white who have never owned slaves.

What an utterly fucked up society yours have become!

A freak is upset because he wants to be a woman, but has a dick and balls, and doesn't know whether to go to the ladies or gents toilets??

Fucking hell, what next?

Serving shit in 5 star restaurants? rotflmo

And children like heym support this madness!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

Hahah!!!!!

When you have to tell someone you are an adult......you really are a child! animal

I "shall" address you as a small, self impressed child! rotflmo

Oh dear God! What a child!

Someone is acting like a child and it is NOT LHeym500.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
quote:

You want to be addressed by a title now or did I read that incorrectly? Your typing is often off and I shall hold my opinion as to why that may be.

I liked that part too.

I wonder if addressing him as, "Your Grace" would be good enough or should it be, "Your Excellency"?
"Lord Humongous" from the Road Warrior movie?

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
"His Honor To Be Pitied"

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok Children, Big Grin

Would be interested in some perspectives on this?

Because I definitely see the hypocrisy of the woke mentality.

https://scholarship.kentlaw.ii...&context=cklawreview

Posts: 4283 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
More like most take it as the blowhard blathering of a guy who does kind of have a point that they are treating him differently than they have others in the past.

A public spokesperson is a representative of the company. While you might not think the representative has done anything illegal or wrong, you might not want to associate with folks who think it’s what they want people to believe they think they associate with. Would you buy something from a company that uses DJT as a spokesman? Me neither.

I disagree. The fact that companies see a need to use controversial people as spokespeople is a sign of trouble in our society. I don’t see it as a legal problem, but rather a sign that marketing has become too pervasive and intrusive. Would anyone have known about this if it wasn’t being sent out for public use?

If the company wants to niche market, there is a downside as well.

I don’t see it that way. If you make a corporate statement, it has the likelihood of drawing a response. If you don’t want blowback, don’t niche market targeting population groups.

You don’t see the relationship between these? Would Trump have gained traction if modern niche politics were not so confrontational?

I have no doubts you do what you claim. Your statements support your claims in all ways but one… that of lack of proofreading.

Not doubting you at all, but why in blue blazes are they putting prosecutors in charge of schools?

Here you seem a bit touchy. Being referred to as young is hardly trivializing your work. It does raise questions when you get touchy about it as to why…. Could it be rejecting your viewpoint? Seems we hear “Whatever, Boomer” all the time.

Superiority, no. Perspective difference, yes.

Look at it this way. Lots of successful folks here. Scott is one. You seem to be belittling him because he’s not a highly educated type… so what does that say?

Hell, if interactions here ruined anyone’s day, WTF are they here for?

LHeym, this whole rant seems out of character for you. I get that age and experience give one perspective, and used properly are of great advantage. Sometimes it’s not meaningful to the topic at hand, but it is important to realize that it does make a difference. How you approach a problem now is undoubtedly different than you did the first year out of law school. Why?

Nevertheless one’s ideas need to pass logical muster. Saying a younger person’s ideas lack experience is true, mostly, but that doesn’t mean they are wrong… experience gives you more examples to compare it to, not the rectitude of your belief.

One of my pet peeves is this constant demand for change. In some things change is forced on us by circumstances, but face it, intelligence allows you to evaluate things and choose to do something for an advantage. Change just to change is about the stupidest reason I can think of, yet I hear it every day at work… usually to justify another unfunded mandate on my time.

Usually from millennials who don’t have to actually do the work or deal with the consequences.

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Ok Children, Big Grin

Would be interested in some perspectives on this?

Because I definitely see the hypocrisy of the woke mentality.

https://scholarship.kentlaw.ii...&context=cklawreview

Years and years ago I had this big long list of grievances against lots of folks for no particularly good reason and my assistant fire chief suggested to me that it was much easier to take offense than give offense. Big hard pill to swallow for me.

Not to long before or after that, his sister in law ( and former fire chief,) was listening very intently to me complaining about everything and everyone and when I paused to catch my breath and wipe my tears she asked," gee Scott, do you think it's everyone else or do you think it's just you?" Mad
She got instantly added to the list!!! rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

If someone is going to take offense at blackface, I think most everyone doesn't want to give offense and so we avoid it.

I don't think most of us take offense at cross dressing, but we would like some kind of say so when it comes to the where, when, why and how our offspring are exposed and introduced. I've feel no need to explain or be forced to explain cross dressing to my six year old. I have that authority. They have no reason or authority to force otherwise for example in a drag queen story hour.

If by any tradition, societal norm, custom, cultural practice or opinion women have not had to share team sports or bathrooms or clothing departments with men, I certainly think change or different practices could be good but a bit of discussion and wisdom well in advance seems called for. Over the past several decades it seems the majority agree that blackface is a performance that is not appropriate in our culture. I don't care for it nor would I participate as an audience.
If men are to be allowed in womens sports and other gender exclusive venues it also should have well thought out and very broad public support, not because we don't want to hurt Sandy's feelings. It seems at this time many women athletes and sportswomen don't like the male intrusion.

( Get it? "Sandy") aren't I witty.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think most of us take offense at cross dressing, but we would like some kind of say so when it comes to the where, when, why and how our offspring are exposed and introduced. I've feel no need to explain or be forced to explain cross dressing to my six year old. I have that authority. They have no reason or authority to force otherwise for example in a drag queen story hour.

If by any tradition, societal norm, custom, cultural practice or opinion women have not had to share team sports or bathrooms or clothing departments with men, I certainly think change or different practices could be good but a bit of discussion and wisdom well in advance seems called for. Over the past several decades it seems the majority agree that blackface is a performance that is not appropriate in our culture. I don't care for it nor would I participate as an audience.
If men are to be allowed in womens sports and other gender exclusive venues it also should have well thought out and very broad public support, not because we don't want to hurt Sandy's feelings. It seems at this time many women athletes and sportswomen don't like the male intrusion.

Well stated my friend! Very well stated!