New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Sane Republican Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2zvX2jJC48

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
From the warped mind of a democrat.

They like “Republicans” more like themselves.

I voted for and campaigned for Romney. He lost a winnable election.

Yes, even Mitt Romney is superior to any Democrat. But, if you can’t win…you are of little use as a politician. Kind of like a pretty rifle that shoots a 2.5” group at a 100.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
God bless that man! I agree with every word, every syllable. I voted for him too, Lane.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

Yes, even Mitt Romney is superior to any Democrat. But, if you can’t win…you are of little use as a politician. Kind of like a pretty rifle that shoots a 2.5” group at a 100.

So, a Democrat liking folks more like themselves is "warped" but it's perfectly normal for Republicans?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I suspect Mitt Romney would do better in 2024 than your boy. Who, by the way, since it seems to have slipped your mind... lost his last election.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

So, a Democrat liking folks more like themselves is "warped" but it's perfectly normal for Republicans?

That is not what I said. I said that anyone who is a Democrat has a warped mind.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

I suspect Mitt Romney would do better in 2024 than your boy. Who, by the way, since it seems to have slipped your mind... lost his last election.

Time will tell Mike. Smiler

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
God bless that man! I agree with every word, every syllable. I voted for him too, Lane.

But he lost…twice. And his mentor John McCain lost as well. It did neither of us a bit of good to have voted for him.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just what we need. A lefty, democrat lawyer telling us what a "sane" republican is.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I thought mittens was going to when against Obama, until Obama showed his first decent leadership FOR americans during hurricane sandy

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That is not what I said. I said that anyone who is a Democrat has a warped mind.

You also said he was of little use because he lost an election. Just like your boy.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You also said he was of little use because he lost an election. Just like your boy.

I am for the Republican…whoever that is.

Like every ‘sane’ American.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I am for the candidate -- male or female, D or R -- who has the skills to lead, to solve problems, to keep us secure and who HONORS OUR CONSTITUTION.
That leaves Trump out as he is a proven traitor to it.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
It’s the ‘direction’ they lead that matters most to me.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am for the Republican…whoever that is.

Like every ‘sane’ American.

Your default position these days, I notice. Makes it easier, right? You support a known liar, adulterer, seditionist, fraudster, etc etc etc.

It's just easier to say "Vote Republican" rather than trying to defend all that shit. Since you can't.

Pretty sad, Lane.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Destroy America or vote Republican…pretty easy choice. Nothing worse than the Democratic agenda.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Says a trump butt licker animal

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone who could bring himself to vote for Trump has no business talking about someone else's warped mind.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Just what we need. A lefty, democrat lawyer telling us what a "sane" republican is.....

Go and sit in the corner Jim, where you belong.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Destroy America or vote Republican…pretty easy choice. Nothing worse than the Democratic agenda.

More mindless nonsense that frees you from justifying voting for a lying narcissistic seditionist. Simpleton.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

More mindless nonsense that frees you from justifying voting for a lying narcissistic seditionist. Simpleton.

I wish you litigated equine veterinary malpractice…I would wave my professional fee to cross-swords with you just for fun.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I wish you litigated equine veterinary malpractice…I would wave my professional fee to cross-swords with you just for fun.

Trust me, you wouldn't have any.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

We grew up in a era when we had more faith in the Constitution and the balance of powers.
The system survived the PTSD from electing our first black president.
The system survived Trump's clumsy attempt at a peasant rebellion.
We might survive the debt trap and forever wars too, maybe...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Been there heard that before. Your little unscientific mind would be fun to twist…trust me…I would do it for free for the fun of it. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
We grew up in a era when we had more faith in the Constitution and the balance of powers.

Very true! There was a time when I trusted the government 3rd behind Jesus Christ and my Dad.

That time has long since gone.

I no longer believe we are just going to survive no matter what comes along. I hardly even recognize the country any longer.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Been there heard that before. Your little unscientific mind would be fun to twist…trust me…I would do it for free for the fun of it. Wink

. . . most trial lawyers will tell you that the best "experts" to cross examine are those that think they are always two steps ahead of the lawyer doing the cross examination and that they can use their time on the stand to teach the lawyer a lesson. Those are the "experts" that get off the stand full of hubris and satisfaction at having been such a stellar witness when they are in fact bleeding to death from all the holes that have been poked in them through their testimony. Ego is something best to be left outside the courtroom and not taken on the witness stand. I would pay admission to see you cross examined by a real trial lawyer like a David Beck, Phil Beck, Robin Gibbs, Bill Slusser, etc.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, look how the "Democrat agenda" is destroying the economy, creating millions of jobs, record stock markets...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

. . . most trial lawyers will tell you that the best "experts" to cross examine are those that think they are always two steps ahead of the lawyer doing the cross examination and that they can use their time on the stand to teach the lawyer a lesson. Those are the "experts" that get off the stand full of hubris and satisfaction at having been such a stellar witness when they are in fact bleeding to death from all the holes that have been poked in them through their testimony. Ego is something best to be left outside the courtroom and not taken on the witness stand. I would pay admission to see you cross examined by a real trial lawyer like a David Beck, Phil Beck, Robin Gibbs, Bill Slusser, etc.

Tell that to all the experts that have been on the losing side.

I served as an expert in this case once that actually went to trial and I testified on the stand in the trial after being deposed twice for 6 hours apiece!

The defendant was a fellow veterinarian and the plaintiff was the daughter of a well known actor. She hired a guy considered the best human mal-practice attorney in Hollywood and he added supposedly the best human malpractice attorney in Houston for Texas state licensed co-counsel. The case went on for 5 years. I was deposed twice for full days…2 years apart. I was questioned on the stand for approximately an hour.

Before I could drive back to Gainesville from Weatherford…the jury came back finding in our favor in the suit, our sides counter-suit, and awarded attorney fees to our side.

Like I said…I have been there and done that. If you are truly an expert on the subject matter, as I was in this case, and have a quick mind…pretty easy to stay ahead of an attorney that really has no clue of the science and medicine. Albeit, they think they do. Wink

I was 15 years younger at the time. Today, my mind is not as quick. Thus today, I mostly just consult on the merits. But I would come off the bench for Mike Mitchell. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your hubris would lead to a disastrous cross for you.

I used to love conducting a cross of experts determined to "beat" me. The rules for cross are stacked in the lawyer's favor; he just has to do it right.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:

I used to love conducting a cross of experts determined to "beat" me. The rules for cross are stacked in the lawyer's favor; he just has to do it right.

that's the hubris and nemesis story

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:

I suspect the lawyers who deposed me twice for 6 hours each time and kept me on stand for hours thought the same. Wink

All you have to do is stay consistently with the facts, remember you know more than they, remember the rules for an expert, don’t be bullied, but don’t loose your cool. Piece of cake.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Let’s see your curriculum vitae as an expert witness, listing the cases you have testified in. If you are the testifying expert of such renown as you purport to be you surely have one, it will have been produced during discovery in all the cases you testified in. Let’s see it. I don’t think it exists.

coffee

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

...and, by the way.....it's not wave, it's "waive". We could talk about your spelling acumen in depo.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tell that to all the experts that have been on the losing side.

I served as an expert in this case once that actually went to trial and I testified on the stand in the trial after being deposed twice for 6 hours apiece!

The defendant was a fellow veterinarian and the plaintiff was the daughter of a well known actor. She hired a guy considered the best human mal-practice attorney in Hollywood and he added supposedly the best human malpractice attorney in Houston for Texas state licensed co-counsel. The case went on for 5 years. I was deposed twice for full days…2 years apart. I was questioned on the stand for approximately an hour.

Before I could drive back to Gainesville from Weatherford…the jury came back finding in our favor in the suit, our sides counter-suit, and awarded attorney fees to our side.

Like I said…I have been there and done that. If you are truly an expert on the subject matter, as I was in this case, and have a quick mind…pretty easy to stay ahead of an attorney that really has no clue of the science and medicine. Albeit, they think they do. Wink

I was 15 years younger at the time. Today, my mind is not as quick. Thus today, I mostly just consult on the merits. But I would come off the bench for Mike Mitchell. Wink

The only thing that rings true in this diatribe is that your mind "is not as quick."

BY they way, who was the best "human mal-practice" attorney in Hollywood? I would have been impressed by your grasp of the nomenclature....and, as previously noted, your spelling. Wink

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
One, I am trying not to mention names involved…there were some major players in my industry involved. Second, I can’t remember that pricks name. That was in 2008. He was just another asshole attorney trying to hurt a fellow veterinarian to me.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
One, I am trying not to mention names. Second, I can’t remember that pricks name. That was in 2008. He was just another asshole attorney trying to hurt a fellow veterinarian to me.

Man, I hope your expert witness days are over because this shit you just said ended it.

Exhibit 1 to your next depo or trial testimony. From the world wide interwebs. You clever expert fellow.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Not worried. Cool

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
One, I am trying not to mention names involved…there were some major players in my industry involved. Second, I can’t remember that pricks name. That was in 2008. He was just another asshole attorney trying to hurt a fellow veterinarian to me.

. . . what a bullshit response. Give us the style of the case and the county where the case was filed and we can look the attorneys up for you. When it comes to bullshit you take the cake.

. . . still waiting to see that CV with all the testifying expert cases you have been in. You know, all those cases where your testimony carried the day and you left the opposing counsel crying on the courthouse steps after manhandling his/her cross.

animal

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

. . . what a bullshit response. Give us the style of the case and the county where the case was filed and we can look the attorneys up for you. When it comes to bullshit you take the cake.

animal

Do you not know what county Weatherford is in?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Parker. What was the style of the case? Forgot that too? You can give us the info for one of the other cases you testified in court in too, sounds like the list is a long one.

Mike