New
Find
Notify
Tools

Execution by nitrogen Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
This type of euthanasia makes it easy to carry out the death sentence without anyone having to be the executioner and the optics are good as well. Some oral valium ahead of time and it will likely go as smooth as possible for an execution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
There are numerous easy ways to execute someone. As an anesthesiologist, I can think of several. A large dose of oral valium followed by an overdose of oral fentanyl comes to mind. However it wouldn’t bother me one damn bit to make it painful and slow.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

If you ain't got, "the balls" as our legislators say, are you comfortable leaving it to others to do? Who? Your kids? My kid?

I'm your huckleberry

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My military files used the technical term
"Emotional Detatchment" or as the doctor said, " son, not all your wires were plugged in at birth".
Find someone like me, who feels nothing with death and give them the job of executioner.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

If you ain't got, "the balls" as our legislators say, are you comfortable leaving it to others to do? Who? Your kids? My kid?

I'm your huckleberry

And yet neither your or Wymple were employed so. You both tell us here on the Internet you are willing but you haven't and don't.

So common anymore to see this Grand Canyon between what's said and what's actually done.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not many job openings, and a long line of applicants. Pretty sure they don't want a 75 year old, either.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
There are numerous easy ways to execute someone. As an anesthesiologist, I can think of several. A large dose of oral valium followed by an overdose of oral fentanyl comes to mind. However it wouldn’t bother me one damn bit to make it painful and slow.

Would high concentrations nitrous oxide be effective?

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Any concentration of nitrous oxide above 80% would be effective, although rather slowly. 100% nitrous would work. About 3-5 minutes to complete unconsciousness at the most and another 4-6 minutes to brain death- all totally painless.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:

Anybody here think Jesus pursued murder and revenge on the people that murdered Him or advocated for His murder?

Don't you suppose that he knew that Judas was going to commit suicide?
Jesus sure didn't pull him aside and absolve him.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
He stabbed a woman to death. Why should I, or anyone care about his "suffering"? It didn't compare to her pain & agony. Fuck him.

Because we don't lower ourselves to their level.

Again, are we, are you prepared and ready to rape and murder babies in retribution because others rape and murder babies? Because he stabbed to death are you ready to stab him to death?

Nobody is advocating for revenge upon innocent people.
Your tit for tat example is completely off base.
If you willingly murder someone, the only logical justice is for you to lose your own life. If the people decide that to do it in a similar manner as the murder, so be it.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Are convicts doped up with valium or something similar before they're beheaded?

I've often wondered how they perform the beheadings in the Arab countries. From what I've read, they'll do it right out in the open in the town square or such. Is the condemned sedated in any way? I can't really imagine a person just dropping to their knees and bowing their head so someone can lop it off. Seems like they'd have to be sedated.

And if they do squirm and fight and resist, what then?

Kind of a morbid and unsettling topic. Gives me the heebie jeebies.

Posts: 487 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are making two different arguments.

The first is what is just.

The second is what do we feel is too hard to do as a society.

If we can agree that killing in like is just (ie it’s not a violation of the criminal’s “rights”) that cleans up the whole court thing.

While I agree that it’s not cruel and unusual to kill in like manner- it could be cruel, but it’s hardly unusual in that the criminal has done it to the victim…) I tend not to buy the constant bleeding heart opposition to capital punishment on those grounds. Leaving a corpse that essentially requires a closed casket funeral is not cruel or unusual.

Do I want the desensitization that would occur by having someone essentially torture someone to death? No. It’s not healthy for the person doing it.

Shooting the criminal is fine. If they screw up and he lives a while after being shot, they need to try and eliminate that, but it’s not an argument that I buy as to why the execution should be stopped.

The less human contact with the death dealing event the better for those who have to do it.

I’m not too worried about the fear of the criminal. I’d just as soon not have them treated that way, but it’s not something that should get the criminal out of the punishment… it’s more something we should try and do better as a goal, not a mandate.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
He stabbed a woman to death. Why should I, or anyone care about his "suffering"? It didn't compare to her pain & agony. Fuck him.

Because we don't lower ourselves to their level.

Again, are we, are you prepared and ready to rape and murder babies in retribution because others rape and murder babies? Because he stabbed to death are you ready to stab him to death?

I doubt you'd congratulate me for being the father of an executioner.

I think you'd despise me if I were the father of an executioner that dispensed the cruelty you promote.

So in short, if you think a cruel execution of the condemned is appropriate, you go do it.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gsganzer:
quote:

Are convicts doped up with valium or something similar before they're beheaded?

I've often wondered how they perform the beheadings in the Arab countries. From what I've read, they'll do it right out in the open in the town square or such. Is the condemned sedated in any way? I can't really imagine a person just dropping to their knees and bowing their head so someone can lop it off. Seems like they'd have to be sedated.

And if they do squirm and fight and resist, what then?

Kind of a morbid and unsettling topic. Gives me the heebie jeebies.

There was in SA, a gal whacked in public and she was not calm and they had to do it more than once. Someone caught it on camera and IIRC he was caught and arrested. No remembrance about his fate.

Something I read a few years ago where it's done in public early in the morning because of the heat. They spread out plastic sheeting to contain the blood. Generally the subject is given valium to calm them.

IIRC the guillotine was invented because there were so many botched beheadings in France.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The guillotine was the most cost effective and efficient way to execute people ever invented. I do not remember the exact numbers but I read somewhere that during the peak of the French revolution several hundred people were executed on the guillotine in one day. Something like one every 2 minutes or something like that. If I remember correctly, they only stopped because they could not cart away the bodies fast enough.

Posts: 508 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simple is usually better. Don't see why one 230 grain hardball to the back of the head wouldn't solve the problem. Simple.

Posts: 10035 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote