THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Our Corrupt Supreme Court (Thanks To Republican Billionaires)

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Corrupt Supreme Court (Thanks To Republican Billionaires) Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I hadn't noticed this before. Seems like Republican billionaires have a long-game that involves buying Supreme Court justices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3G_nxYoiyQ Seems like that would be a bad thing for a democracy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Crisis_Network

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_Society

Corrupt Justice Clarence Thomas and his wife "Justice Ginni" are only the tip of the iceberg

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
As a lawyer, I find the lack of ethical and conflict of interest restrictions at the Supreme Court embarrassing. I also find the Court's inability or unwillingness to clean up its own dirty laundry shameful. The members of the Court should be leading the charge to impose conflict of interest rules, financial disclosure rules, etc. to protect the integrity of the institution.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Why isn’t John Roberts leading the charge? coffee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Why isn’t John Roberts leading the charge? coffee

How do you know he isn't? One thing the SCOTUS is never going to do is air dirty laundry publicly. Undermines the authority of the Court.

One very good first step would be to get rid of Clarence Thomas....who never should have been on the Court to being with....unqualified serial sex harasser.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15127 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I suspect he isn’t due to the fact that he too participates to some extent.

But, that is solely my perception and maybe totally off base. I suspect his 180 flip-flop on the ACA could be linked.

If he does…kudos to Roberts. Forgive me if I don’t hold my breath.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Clarence Thomas will go by the same way RBG — as the Constitution prescribes.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm just thankful that all democrats are as pure as the driven snow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Except he has not. At least, not within 90 plus years of caselaw.

However, that is what you want. Judicial Activism to re-write near one hundred years of S. Ct., precedent.

Just admit it. However, it is not conservatism.

Posts: 10952 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:

Except he has not. At least, not within 90 plus years of caselaw.

However, that is what you want. Judicial Activism to re-write near one hundred years of S. Ct., precedent.

Just admit it. However, it is not conservatism.

Just want to rewrite the faulty "precedent" roe v wade.....the recent misinterpretation of the 19th ammendment...

All put in place by activist liberal scotus judges.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go read Justice Thomas opinion on the Fundamental Right to Marriage and the Commerce Clause.

Just because you do not like it, does not make it faulty.

Of course, I understand the concept of stare decisis is too hard for you to understand. Despite the fact, Justice Alito testified to the Senate state decisis applied to Plan Parenthood v Case.

Roe was not and had not been the controlling case. Roe was already no longer an issue.

stare decisis should be capitalized as it is a proper noun.

Must be nice creating the issue that is causing GOP candidates hooked to the organized Political Evangelicals to lose elections across the nation.

KY is going to keep a Dem governor over Dobbs, and the fools seeking a national right to life.

No more activist than Justice Scilla’s incorporation of the Second Amendment. The original intent of the 2nd Amendment was not to create a national, Federal Right to posses arms. You should Go read the cases. That includes Heller and McDonald.

Justice Scilla determined we had a fundamental right to self defense. This, he incorporated to 2nd to protect that right from de facto state bans. A majority went along w him.

It is Judicial Liberalism both ways. Some you like and some you do not like. At least, Justice Scilla anchored his ruling in precedent going back to at least 1937.

Posts: 10952 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I be to differ. Stare decisis (first word pronounced "stah-ray") is not a proper noun. I capitalized "stare" because it begins a sentence.

But stare decisis is a foreign word (Latin), so it should be in italics. I can't figure out how to do it on this forum, so I didn't italicize it here.

Posts: 6150 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:

I be to differ. Stare decisis is not a proper noun. (I capitalized "stare" because it begins a sentence.)

But stare decisis is a foreign word (Latin), so it should be in italics. I can't figure out how to do it on this forum, so I didn't italicize it here.

You are 100 percent correct. I just read the a brief where the amici curiae are former Fed Judges. In that brief, they treat the word just as you state. That treatment bring lower cased and italicized.

Good brief that explains the rules of state decisis.

Now, I have seen Incorporation Doctrine capitalized in casses.

Would one capitalize Stare Decisis as a proper known?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would one capitalize Stare Decisis as a proper known?

Do you mean as in the Doctrine of Stare Decisis? I probably wouldn't, but it might depend on how it's used. If it's the title of a book or article, it should be capitalized.

Some judges, like some lawyers, overuse capitalization.

Posts: 6150 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, and noun and not known. Thank you.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Okay, i'll say it --

if both other branches of the government are owned by billionaires, is anyone actually, really, surprised?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would help when you are trying to claim that others are incapable of understanding that you at least make an effort that a high school student wouldn't be embarrassed by.

quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Go read Justice Thomas opinion on the Fundamental Right to Marriage and the Commerce Clause.

Just because you do not like it, does not make it faulty.

Of course, I understand the concept of stare decisis is too hard for you to understand. Despite the fact, Justice Alito testified to the Senate state decisis applied to Plan Parenthood v Case.

Roe was not and had not been the controlling case. Roe was already no longer an issue.

Must be nice creating the issue that is causing GOP candidates hooked to the organized Political Evangelicals to lose elections across the nation.

KY is going to keep a Dem governor over Dobbs, and the fools seeking a national right to life.

No more activist than Justice Scilla’s incorporation of the Second Amendment. The original intent of the 2nd Amendment was not to create a national, Federal Right to posses arms. You should Go read the cases. That includes Heller and McDonald.

Justice Scilla determined we had a fundamental right to self defense. This, he incorporated to 2nd to protect that right from de facto state bans. A majority went along w him.

It is Judicial Liberalism both ways. Some you like and some you do not like. At least, Justice Scilla anchored his ruling in precedent going back to at least 1937.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is patently absurd that the Supreme Court has no Code of Ethics or, at a minimum, a requirement that Justices comply with the Code that applies to all other Federal Judges.

They don't even bother to comply with clear reporting requirements that apply to them.

ANY Judge accepting anything of value from anybody with interests before the Court is an obvious conflict of interest.

Thomas has been doing it since his appointment got shoved through.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote