THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    To All You MAGA Misfits That Want To Make America Great Again

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To All You MAGA Misfits That Want To Make America Great Again Login/Join 
one of us
posted

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just because I doubt many will read from the article:

What are you supposed to do with that? We now have an AR-15 company called Rooftop Arms, as in when you don’t get what you want, you vote from the rooftops. And what happened in Highland Park? A kid got up and killed people from a rooftop. You see the old self-imposed responsibility; those old norms of behavior have been just completely trashed.

I believe we should regulate the advertising of firearms like we did cigarettes.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did read the article. The man makes some good points, but if he's going to blame these killers on industry advertising, why doesn't he also blame the film and video game industries?

I also don't agree with him on universal background checks, which he doesn't make a case for. I've sold 5-6 guns this year in private sales. Requiring me to perform a background check would be ridiculous and otherwise would enrich gun dealers, who would charge a fee for the check.

There are simply too many ARs on the loose to expect to keep a determined killer from acquiring one. Focus on the killers, not the tools they use.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not doubt you would.

If we focus on advertising, maybe kids will not see them as answers. Imagery, marketing is very powerful tools.

I am sick of all the Tactical, Bad use of self defense, a father pointing at his child to pick up am AR commercials.

I miss a child with a custodian setting under a tree with a stable thermal waiting on a buck, or the Arms for Responsible Citizens Ruger ads.

In Universal Background Checks you would not complete the transfer. You would have to go through an FFL along with buyer to sale the arm. The problem w Universal Background checks is the fear of registration bc how is the state to know I sold my gun to my buddy to enforce the law so registration of my firearms.

The reason we saw this shift in Marketing was Justice Scilla in addressing the NFA in Heller has to make a distinction. He used weapons in common use as the destination. Thus, the Firearms Industry bring media, manufacturing, and lobbying went about making ARs America’s Rifle to satisfy the “common use distinction” for future litigation.

Every Fed Gun case from Heller to now has said @no right is absolute.”

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I skimmed the article but didn't read it. It appears to be an emotional response to shootings without consideration for what governments eventually do with the data they accumulate. I know many will say that my tinfoil hat is too tight, but I don't want the gov to have an accurate database to use when they start confiscating small arms. Every totalitarian government has started with confiscation. We may have a problem with nut burgers going out with a blaze of glory, but that problem has been falsely amplified by those seeking to disarm the general populace. According to this group, we've had more than one mass shooting per day this year.https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081
REALLY?? One has to ask themselves why the blatant attempt to use obvious falsehoods to gin up support for "gun control"? Our president has said that small arms are useless since we don't have fighter jets. I find that an ominous statement of intent. I don't romanticize the idea of civil war, but pray it never comes to that. That being said, I think there's a fair amount of wisdom in Admiral Yamamoto's "behind every blade of grass" warning.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
Wouldn't this be a start? https://www.propublica.org/art...s-of-us-gun-violence

He has a point, I'll concede that. Not long ago there was an ad in The American Rifleman pimping an AR-15 clone with the euphemism "BDE" displayed in three places. If that term seems unfamiliar, see Kari Lake's speeches. This is a juvenile treatment of something where that just doesn't belong. P.O. Ackley addressed this sort of thing in one of his reloading books.

Let's get real here. The Second Amendment was voted in. The Second Amendment could be voted out by the same constituency under the same Constitution. What do we as a culture want voters to see and hear about firearms and their owners?

There is a constituency that will happily vote for a gun-free society, and they will never stop bothering for it. Handgun Control Incorporated once said they were only interested in Saturday Night Specials, not long guns. That lasted awhile, then they predictably moved on. They will never declare victory and disband. If saner voices do not prevail, the other ones will.

We as consumers have a voice. We can protest ads pimping antisocial themes, we can support legislation that makes sense (as NRA has done in the past), we can point out extremist voices where they are. Or we can live with legislation like where I am now, over the top in some respects.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
honest question - has any mass shooting, in the past 20 years, been as a result of a private sale?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
I read the whole thing and he never once waded into the crumbling of the black nuclear family or the policies that led to it. Nor did he want to get into the fact that a mere fraction of the country's population commits more than half the violent crimes here. Nor does he even want to discuss the rot and decay which pervade this culture which has loosed itself from its moral grounding. Those would have been much more compelling and much more on point arguments to make. The fact is these and other factors have the US now on the way to Balkanization unless something stops in and I don't have the first idea what it might be.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
rot and decay which pervade this culture

Blue Fish, you and your ilk are the biggest purveyors of this poison. You hate gays, blacks, browns or anything that doesn’t fit into your tribe. Well, there is something else, unborn fetuses.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
quote:

Blue Fish, you and your ilk are the biggest purveyors of this poison. You hate gays, blacks, browns or anything that doesn’t fit into your tribe. Well, there is something else, unborn fetuses.

You are so off your rocker as to be laughable. Despite my position that homosexuality is a deviant behavior, I do not "hate" gays. Despite the incontrovertible fact that young black men, the majority of whom today come from fatherless homes, commit the majority of violent crime in America, does not mean I "hate" them. Nor do I "hate" brown people whatever that may mean to you. Finally, I do not "hate" anything which does not fit into my tribe, whatever that may mean. You cannot even describe the terms you toss around so easily for starters. Here's a fun one for you: what is a woman? Wrestle with that one and get back to us. The purveyors of this poison are people such as yourself, not me. I'm not the one advocating drag shows for kids. I'm not the one advocating for the schools addressing hot button cultural issues as a proxy parent. That's your side of the table.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
quote:
quote:

You are so off your rocker as to be laughable. Despite my position that homosexuality is a deviant behavior, I do not "hate" gays. Despite the incontrovertible fact that young black men, the majority of whom today come from fatherless homes, commit the majority of violent crime in America, does not mean I "hate" them. Nor do I "hate" brown people whatever that may mean to you. Finally, I do not "hate" anything which does not fit into my tribe, whatever that may mean. You cannot even describe the terms you toss around so easily for starters. Here's a fun one for you: what is a woman? Wrestle with that one and get back to us. The purveyors of this poison are people such as yourself, not me. I'm not the one advocating drag shows for kids. I'm not the one advocating for the schools addressing hot button cultural issues as a proxy parent. That's your side of the table.

Well stated.....but the foul mouthed, vile democrats are the ones that are willfully blind to the vile nonsense they spew.

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Nobody should be surprised that we have the societal ills we have today.
From the first day of public education, children are taught that our entire existence is nothing but an accidental combination of elements and environmental factors.

Take this foundation and add it to the normal level of psychopathy in any society and there you have it.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
What a “woman “ is, is not perfectly clear. Ok, Einstein, you tell me what a XXY or hermaphrodite is. That’s the problem with you Dunning-Kruger types: You always and I mean always, grab the most obvious and simple-minded answer.

You know how many people have had surgerical sex changes in the US since 2020? Of course, you are fucking clueless. 56. That’s right “56”. And most of those are hermaphrodites. You have been manipulated to get your panties in a wad over virtually nothing. Hahahaha. I think even God is disgusted by the pea brains he has created. Bluefish, when God made you, his hand was shaking as bad as a dog trying to pass a peach pit.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Please, Schrodinger, do your best to not look like a complete imbecile.

https://www.grandviewresearch....iving%20the%20market.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a “woman “ is, is not perfectly clear. Ok, Einstein, you tell me what a XXY or hermaphrodite is. That’s the problem with you Dunning-Kruger types: You always and I mean always, grab the most obvious and simple-minded answer.

You know how many people have had surgerical sex changes in the US since 2020? Of course, you are fucking clueless. 56. That’s right “56”. And most of those are hermaphrodites. You have been manipulated to get your panties in a wad over virtually nothing. Hahahaha. I think even God is disgusted by the pea brains he has created. Bluefish, when God made you, his hand was shaking as bad as a dog trying to pass a peach pit.

Your attempts at insult mean absolutely nothing. Moreover, you, as a member of the Left, the party of inclusion for all, are really showing your hand aren’t you?

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Bluefish, I couldn’t give a flying fuck what you like or don’t like. All I know is that you are a warped son of a bitch, that seems to have some masochistic tendencies if the number of your frequent beat downs in the crater is any measure. Go suck some MAGA Dick tonight.

I should have specified 56 minors under the age of 18. Besides, read the reviews on your GrandCentralResearch. They ain’t good.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Don't get in a huff, fluffy.