Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Law Is MEGA STUPID! Login/Join 
Administrator
posted

Posts: 67011 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
No, it makes no sense and is embarrassing. You take a family having to deal with a personal family crisis and force them to go public with the crisis in court. Texans can thank Lane and his ilk for such an absurd situation. It is repugnant. And despite the court decision, our criminal attorney general is threatening to prosecute any hospital that allows the abortion to be performed there. These are the same people that love to talk about being for individual freedoms.

Mike

Posts: 21240 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sure our resident veterinarian knows what is best for this woman.

Sad, judges have to get involved in these matters.

Dr. Easter remember when you claimed women were getting treated just like the had been bf Dobbs, and all the reporters of women not receiving care were lies. Remember when you and Dr. Butler said the reports of women being sent away by hospitals were false flags.

I have no use for the kind of Christian, Libertarian Dr. Easter claims to be.

Posts: 10937 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Baby Jesus would want this woman to die or lose her ability to have children.

It's the Christian way.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And you misspelled MAGA in your headline...

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Don’t blame Lane.

The blame rests squarely on the utterly STUPID, SENS, political system you all support.

In California robbers are walking into stores and taking whatever they wish.

The law does fuck all.

A swimmer pleasuring herself on the beach and she gets arrested.

FREEDOM American style!

And to top all those claiming family values have their heads up Trump’s arse! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67011 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the United States organized, money backed advocacy is how policy happens. Dr. Easter has made it clear he supported, advocated, and through power of vote and contribution pushed for this policy.

No, Saeed he and those like him are to blame. We are to blame. The political is simple a suffer on the water. For over 50 years, this is what he has been agitating for. Now, he has it.

Posts: 10937 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
from the article:
50 abortions have been performed in the state since then, compared to more than 16,000 in the five months before the ban.

16,000 in 5 months!

quote:
from mjines:
These are the same people that love to talk about being for individual freedoms.

Precisely. The above mentioned 16,000 had no voice and had no advocate for their individual freedom. They just got a death sentence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36643 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I know you like to paint with a broad brush . . . more like a roller . . . and see the world as all black and white, but let's try to drill down a bit to see if there is any shade of gray here. Do you agree with what happened to Kate Cox and her family? Do you agree that a woman needs to go to court and get a court order to have an abortion for a fetus with a lethal abnormality? Do you agree that after obtaining a court order that the Attorney General should threaten the hospitals where the OB/GYN practices with prosecution if they allow the abortion? Please try to keep the bloviating to a minimum, focus on the questions posed, and let's hear your answers.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the law is supposed to require you to go to court to get permission, then it was complied with.

Actually if their clown of an AG goes forward with his threat, that would be good as it would get the whole law tossed due to it being unenforceable.

Some folks can’t take a win without pushing it too far. If you are pro life, this is pushing it too far.

As to the 15,000 decrease… I doubt that is accurate. While that may be the number of professionally performed cases, how many went to another state or had a back alley procedure… or went to Mexico?

Posts: 10648 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The law does not require someone to go to court. The person went to court because the law is vague and physicians and hospitals are reluctant to just rely on their medical judgment and run the risk that someone like our nut Attorney General or some private actor like Lane comes after them second guessing their medical judgment (there is no standing necessary under the Texas law to sue). This whole situation just highlights why this is not a matter for the government to get its hands in, at least until a fetus is viable. The matter should rest with the woman.

Mike

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Texas isn't perfect, and this STUPID law is an example. As I have sad many times before, I support legal abortion, and Texas messing about in the bodies of women is terrible

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38509 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Obviously a a majority of TX lawmakers are idiots and their AG is also- not to mention a crook. thumbdown

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I know you like to paint with a broad brush . . . more like a roller . . . and see the world as all black and white, but let's try to drill down a bit to see if there is any shade of gray here. Do you agree with what happened to Kate Cox and her family?

Don’t know enough from a Daily Mail article to comment. Do you know more?

Do you agree that a woman needs to go to court and get a court order to have an abortion for a fetus with a lethal abnormality?

I believe the law carves that out. Why not post up the law.

Do you agree that after obtaining a court order that the Attorney General should threaten the hospitals where the OB/GYN practices with prosecution if they allow the abortion?

From what I read…he did not threaten but merely stated that under the law the order issued by the judge did not necessarily relieve them of culpability. I did not read where he threatened litigation.

Please try to keep the bloviating to a minimum, focus on the questions posed, and let's hear your answers.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36643 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Obviously a a majority of TX lawmakers are idiots and their AG is also- not to mention a crook. thumbdown

lots to parse there -
I feel the majority of Texas Lawmakers are actually okay - but there's a couple idiots there, for sure, and they seem to vote togetherish

Now, no words of support for the AG from me -

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Texas has no law if your name is Paxton apparently...

Link

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Despite costing the State Millions in lawsuit payouts, being under Federal Indictment, and now threatening to prosecute anyone who provides this woman Needed, Necessary healthcare Paxton has Dr. Easter’s vote.

Tell this woman how great you are, how any horse situation compared to her situation, and how you are libertarian.

Oh, I know Paxton’s threat is taken out of context. This matter is now widely reported, if you want to get your head out of a horse’s backside.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...rtion-judge-ruling/#

https://www.texastribune.org/2...cy-abortion-lawsuit/

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/1...uling-exception.html

Paxton threatens to prosecute. Of course, Reuters is a misleading left wing propagandist. Just ignore the quotes.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/...tate-ban-2023-12-07/

Your advocacy has not stopped one abortion in California, but wrought this on Texas Women.

Do you support a national right to life law?

You know enough to know you and this is wrong, but you believe your religious view should govern. A view that is not mandated, supported in the New Testament. You just know it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I simply cannot fathom how someone can take the position that they have the right to tell a pregnant woman carrying a fetus with trisomy 18 . . . a defect where studies have shown that only 50% of babies who are carried to term will be born alive and the median of survival among live births has varied between 2.5 and 14.5 days and where about 90% - 95% of babies do not survive beyond the first year . . . that she is legally prohibited from terminating such a pregnancy. Flies in the face of self pronouncements of holding libertarian views.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no source material to support this, but I maintain the learned justices understanding the common law right to privacy that triggers our 4th Amendment analysis knew that wo a limited Federally protected right that the courts would be faced w making these decisions.

Those justices knew the courts were not qualified to do so.

And no matter what anyone says here, Dobbs rational requires the 2nd Amendment, which was originally intended as a limitation on Congress only (many Supreme Court cases provided for they assertion) be returned to the states.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Joshua, that is far too nuanced for the kooky fringe right here. They just know that Roe vs. Wade was wrong because the result was something they disagreed with. They have no desire to or intention of understanding the basis for that decision and how it reverberates through a host of other rights they like and take for granted. Ignorance is bliss . . . until it comes back to bite you in the ass.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

lots to parse there -
I feel the majority of Texas Lawmakers are actually okay - but there's a couple idiots there, for sure, and they seem to vote togetherish

Now, no words of support for the AG from me -

If the majority of TX lawmakers are OK, why did they pass such a stupid law??? It obviously took a majority to pass the law. Therefor the majority, apparently Republicans, are idiots. Simple logic……

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Paxton files petition to block abortion

. . . I honestly believe folks like Paxton and Abbott will stop at nothing in their efforts to pander to the religious nuts and kooks that nest in the GOP these days like roaches.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Gotta wonder how many trisomy 18 babies Paxton or Lane have ever seen, much less taken care of until they inevitably died. I’ll bet if it was their wife and death or infertility was likely, their point of view would change…. coffee

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Exactly. The new GOP is the party of “do as I say, not as I do.” They preach family values, but are divorced. They talk about fidelity, but think nothing of affairs. They talk about honesty and integrity, but turn a blind eye to someone like Trump. They talk about the thin blue line, but trash the FBI, the DOJ, the ATF, et al. They talk about fiscal responsibility, but spend money as fast as the Democrats. Their duplicity knows no bounds.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Texas Supreme Court just issued a stay.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I simply cannot fathom how someone can take the position that they have the right to tell a pregnant woman carrying a fetus with trisomy 18 . . . a defect where studies have shown that only 50% of babies who are carried to term will be born alive and the median of survival among live births has varied between 2.5 and 14.5 days and where about 90% - 95% of babies do not survive beyond the first year . . . that she is legally prohibited from terminating such a pregnancy. Flies in the face of self pronouncements of holding libertarian views.

I cannot fathom a country would invade and destroy other countries, teaching something THEY do not klnow themselves!

FUCKING DEMOCRACY!

Bloody hell, you lot cannot even pick a half decent human being to lead you! clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
As the country doesn’t have more pressing problems!

I wish the stupid lawmakers had a bloody abortion! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is what I tried to tell you people when I explained you cannot legislate and provide efficient access to the courts for the exceptions.

The Supreme Court in the 70s knew this, and created a limited federally protected right that was recognized longer than a federal the right to possess handguns for self defense.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
The Texas Supreme Court just issued a stay.

criminal

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Under Texas’ law it maybe what we call a logical absurdity. The Texas law post Dobbs may not permit this abortion. The AF thinks so.

Again, this is why the exceptions cannot be legislated and an effective judicial process codified.

This is not new in Texas. There is an entire class action lawsuit of women not treated becoming sterile and still born fetuses left in them bc of the chilling effect of the Texas law.

Remember, Dr. Easter assured us because his friend told him, this was not happening and was not true.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
So Mike…did the Texas SCOTUS get it wrong? Now it has nothing to do with Paxton (whom I voted against twice in the primary but did vote for against a Democrat in the General).

You attorneys always like to tout the wisdom of the high courts…they could have let the lower court order hold. They issued a stay.

Mike did the Texas SCOTUS get it wrong? (The are 3 female Justices.)

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think, as I said, the Texas Supreme Court May be enforcing a very stupid law that your advocacy allows to exists.

After Dobbs, I see no reason such a law is not Constitutional unless a state Court applies a provision of the state constitution.

The Texas Supreme Court May very well be applying the law correctly. Hence, the need for a limited federal right is laid manifest.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
So Mike…did the Texas SCOTUS get it wrong? Now it has nothing to do with Paxton (whom I voted against twice in the primary but did vote for against a Democrat in the General).

You attorneys always like to tout the wisdom of the high courts…they could have let the lower court order hold. They issued a stay.

Mike did the Texas SCOTUS get it wrong? (The are 3 female Justices.)

Listening to attorneys is what got America in the shit!

Get rid of the bloody lot, and bankers, and politicians and you will live happily ever after!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I think, as I said, the Texas Supreme Court May be enforcing a very stupid law that your advocacy allows to exists.

After Dobbs, I see no reason such a law is not Constitutional unless a state Court applies a provision of the state constitution.

The Texas Supreme Court May very well be applying the law correctly. Hence, the need for a limited federal right is laid manifest.

They had an out. They could have let the lower court order hold thus signaling to Paxton on future suits. They “chose” to override (at least temporarily). Did they get it wrong?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every woman in Texas with an IQ above "lukewarm" just became a Democrat.

Aren't three of these "Justices" up for re-election?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
All the women I know well enough to know there politics…are pro-life.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

interesting, as while most of the women i know are pro-kid, my mother (rip)was the last one i knew that was anti-abortion - my wife, daughters, grand daughters, and all their friends are pro-choice

just goes to show about social circles

oh, a couple of them are rabidly pro-choice, but we don't invite them over for dinner

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

interesting, as while most of the women i know are pro-kid, my mother (rip)was the last one i knew that was anti-abortion - my wife, daughters, grand daughters, and all their friends are pro-choice

just goes to show about social circles

oh, a couple of them are rabidly pro-choice, but we don't invite them over for dinner

True. Most women that can think for themselves would rather have a choice when it comes to what happens with their bodies as opposed to having the government tell them what they can and cannot do. That said, regarding Lane’s comment, when you look at the demographics of the fringe evangelical right, intelligence and independent thought is not particularly common.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
So Mike…did the Texas SCOTUS get it wrong?

. . . the legislature got it wrong.

Mike