Picture of jdollar
posted
This is fucking ridiculous. It’s their debt, not mine

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...j85qvXw1Li2yGhGLeU74

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, everybody knows if you're going to give money away you give it to millionaires and billionaires...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Who has more votes, millionaires or student loan recipients?? I repeat, this is fucking ridiculous. I guess I’m old fashioned but it was taught that if you borrowed money, you paid it back. Obviously your mileage has varied. Tells me all I need to know about you and your ethics and morals. coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Who has more votes, millionaires or student loan recipients?? I repeat, this is fucking ridiculous. I guess I’m old fashioned but it was taught that if you borrowed money, you paid it back. Obviously your mileage has varied. Tells me all I need to know about you and your ethics and morals. coffee

I took out student loans and paid every nickle back, with interest, so go fuck yourself.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffive,

I kinda think we may agree with each other on this, but not sure. I took out a small student loan and paid it off withing 6 months after getting a job, with interest. So why do these people who took out ridiculous amounts of student loans deserve forgiveness. Only because Democrats want votes.

Posts: 10036 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
THIS^^^^^Its all about the votes and has fuckall to do with anything else. Commonly known as buying votes, Jeffie.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is anyone on a position to explain how this attempt to forgive student loans through executive action any different than the last attempt the S. Ct., rejected?

I generally agree that this is bad policy. I went to smaller, public, less important schools because they paid me to come. I graduated through law school w no debt.

The one issue is, I know a lot of folks who are having student loans forgiven through taking public sector jobs such as parole agents, teachers, and dpa. They have to make minimum payment for so many years. I think 10 years.

I use to practice against a girl from Harvard Law. She told me Harvard paid off her student loan, or forgave it upon graduation.

Just realize that a good portion are not paying back in full w interest already.

Posts: 10940 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Never understood why people go to college if they can’t afford it and many degrees don’t offer bright future in making enough money to make decent living
With this college thing for everyone is diminishing the institution of higher learning/better salary

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Yeah, everybody knows if you're going to give money away you give it to millionaires and billionaires...

It's almost like...you know...cutting taxes for businesses and millionaires. dancing

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15127 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Both of you have not so skillfully avoided the central issue I raised- buying 890,000 votes. Of course each recipient of taxpayer largesse does get an email from slo jo extolling his gift…. animal

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:

It's almost like...you know...cutting taxes for businesses and millionaires. dancing

Typical mindset of a liberal.

Pretax revenue is not an asset of the government. It is an asset of the citizen. Trying to keep as much of one’s earnings as possible and arguing over the correct percentage of taxation is VERY American…I believe an important war was fought on that as one of its principles in the 18th century resulting in a newly founded country.

Paying off one person’s loan on the back of someone else’s is a communist principle.

There is nothing equivalent between the 2 concepts at all.

Only wannabe communists would try to show it as an equivalency.

A true democrat (a student of the principles of democracy) would be for equal taxation…something like a flat tax.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Surely this one too will be rejected by the SCOTUS.

But even that battle will buy some votes.

Democrats are despicable…what do you expect!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly!!

Responsibility for you debts and your bad decisions!!!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
THIS^^^^^Its all about the votes and has fuckall to do with anything else. Commonly known as buying votes, Jeffie.

tu2

Buying votes with other peoples money!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So it's ok to give a trillion dollar tax cut to the wealthiest people, bringing in lots of campaign contributions from said people, but not ok to give 890,000 people not even half that amount? Selective rage? Where is the anger over all those PPP loans that were forgiven, including to many members of congress? These are all giveaways, why pick on this one? What percentage of those degrees are the ones you consider worthless? People with degrees, overall, pay a lot more taxes during their working lives than those without. Aside from political griping, where's the moral outrage from free giveaways to the richest? My senator Grassley got over 300,000 in covid money for his family's farm. He's as much a farmer as I am. The hypocrisy runs deep.

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Pitiful misdirection. In debating terms this is called a red herring tactic. Look over there. Millionaires each have one vote. Welfare recipients have one vote. Which group has more votes? 890,000 is a pretty large bunch of welfare recipients. And yes, they are receiving welfare in another disguise……

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pitiful misdirection. In debating terms this is called a red herring tactic. Look over there. Millionaires each have one vote. Welfare recipients have one vote. Which group has more votes? 890,000 is a pretty large bunch of welfare recipients. And yes, they are receiving welfare in another disguise……

Everyone knows it's a money game The Koch family only gets one vote for each member, but how many votes does their political propaganda costing millions buy? Why do you think Petrol Pete is in Oklahoma schools? Buying future votes with brainwashing propaganda. These issues are joined at the hip and you know it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You left out Soros.

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:

Everyone knows it's a money game The Koch family only gets one vote for each member, but how many votes does their political propaganda costing millions buy? Why do you think Petrol Pete is in Oklahoma schools? Buying future votes with brainwashing propaganda. These issues are joined at the hip and you know it.

Now you just admitted Biden is buying votes as he’s got more money( ours ) then anyone else

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

nearly 1 million votes bought with loan forgiveness this week -- you might not have seen that on CNN at the cafe - it's called buying votes, pops

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38509 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Don’t know who petrol Pete is. One man, one vote. But this welfare freebie is not a future propaganda move. It’s right now 5-6 months before the first primaries. I don’t expect you to admit it’s election pandering. After all you can’t fix stupid. 2020

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I fully understand you don't get it.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I fully understand you will never admit this is a vote buying scheme..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Show me where I said it's not. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy. Tax breaks for billionaires to get huge campaign donations is the same thing in reality. Koch's don't spend their money foolishly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are 22.7 million millionaires in the US.

What do you call that in debating terms? Your number sucks?

https://www.statista.com/chart...%20the%20population).

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Mike,
close enough is referencing billionaires -- about 400 or so in the US

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
do you know the difference between a billionaire and a millionaire?

about a billion dollars

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Mike,
close enough is referencing billionaires -- about 400 or so in the US

"There are over 24.4 million people in the United States with wealth greater than $1 million, according to the Global Wealth Report by Credit Suisse."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/j...ica/?sh=6db95839af28

Argue with Forbes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
999 million dollars is still a millionaire if you want to play that game. How much are all those millionaires worth?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

about a billion dollars

Actually, it's about $999 million, isn't it?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
999 million dollars is still a millionaire if you want to play that game. How much are all those millionaires worth?

the least of them is worth more than you, yet still has ONE VOTE, close enough. weird, most of them vote dem -- so, shuddup, granma

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

about a billion dollars

that's pretty close to $1B, aint it? as in 00.1% difference

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The point is that people get tax breaks from the government all the time for all kinds of different reasons. Almost all of them for political purposes. It's hypocritical to yap about student loan forgiveness while ignoring tax breaks given to billionaires, millionaires, partnerships, corporations, etc etc etc. Most of the folks that are the beneficiaries of this government largesse are republicans and that isn't even arguable.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
most of them vote dem

I would hope they are smart enough to not vote republican.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

about a billion dollars

that's pretty close to $1B, aint it? as in 00.1% difference

What are we arguing about? I'm not following?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i don't think we are arguing - btw, the beef rib was great - wish you had been there. My dog is chewing on the bone

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Show me where I said it's not. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy. Tax breaks for billionaires to get huge campaign donations is the same thing in reality. Koch's don't spend their money foolishly.

So you obviously admit it’s a vote buying scheme……….

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hell, since we’re forgiving loans, how about car, home, and personal loans. Obviously they were taken out by people who couldn’t or WOULDNT pay them back. A cradle to grave welfare safety net. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
i don't think we are arguing - btw, the beef rib was great - wish you had been there. My dog is chewing on the bone

I didn't realize you were sending me up. I was thinking you lived up near Sherman for some reason.

I hope your dog enjoys the bone.

And, we are arguing. All day long.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
during most of the month, i am in irving - we can argue .. i'll buy you a beer or two to wet your whistle and make certain we can keep it up

#dumptrump

476AR,