Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Presidential Library Login/Join 
one of us
posted
If you are ever close to a Presidential Library, I would encourage you to go in and walk around. I had no interest in seeing the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum in Dallas, but my cousin and his wife wanted to go, so we went. George W. isn't my favorite President, or even my favorite Bush, but the time was well spent. The displays were fascinating. I learned more about the man, the office of the President, the world as it existed at the time, and America itself.

Probably the best $14 I've spent in a while.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
If you are ever close to a Presidential Library, I would encourage you to go in and walk around. I had no interest in seeing the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum in Dallas, but my cousin and his wife wanted to go, so we went. George W. isn't my favorite President, or even my favorite Bush, but the time was well spent. The displays were fascinating. I learned more about the man, the office of the President, the world as it existed at the time, and America itself.

Probably the best $14 I've spent in a while.

I have been to one - The Eisenhower Library in Kansas. It was excellent and they had a great collection of world war 2 guns and equipment.

I would try and go see all of them cause you get a slice of world history. Since WW2 US presidents have been involved rightly or wrongly in nearly every major global event.

For gun (and military history) guys the Eisenhower library is a blast. I am just hoping the ww2 stuff was not a exhibit.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Klintons has comic books in it...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Klintons has comic books in it...

Heavily redacted, no doubt.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I went to the George W. Bush shortly after it opened and want to go back, as the keep adding items.

Good post and it's not about politics.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
For a REAL treat though is the Military section of the Smithsonion. I spent all of my 3 days alloted there looking at all the uniforms,decorations,etc. One could probably make a 6 month trip out of it if he could afford it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I went to the Ronald Reagan library. It was by far the best thing I did in California while visiting my sister.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A great deal of my tenure with LAPD was spent working with the Secret Service. Been to the Oval Office many times, worked dozens of POTUS visits and motorcades, and met all of them, from Reagan to Bush 43. Been to several of the libraries.

It's a strange feeling. There is an aura about the physical aspects of the office, The White House, Air Force One, and all the other trappings that go with the POTUS.

When I had the opportunity to step away from the technical aspects of my assignment(s) and look at it from a personal prospective, it was an inspiring and educational experience, and humbling as well.

Anyone who gets a chance to visit ANY of the POTUS libraries should do so.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
I went to the Ronald Reagan library. It was by far the best thing I did in California while visiting my sister.

Another vote for the Reagan Library. I happen to live about 3 miles from it and only visit when a guest is in town. After, I always ask myself, "Why do I wait until someone comes to town"? It's great.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 363 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote