New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayer breakfast Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Perspective…

A minister was attending a men’s breakfast. He asked one of the older farmers in attendance to say the prayer that morning.

The farmer began,
Lord, I hate buttermilk.

The pastor opened one eye and wondered to himself where this was going.

Then the farmer said, Lord, I hate lard.
Now the pastor was worried. But the farmer prayed on, And Lord, you know I don’t care much for raw flour.

As the pastor was about to stop everything, the farmer continued,
But Lord, when you mix em all together and bakes em up, I do love me those fresh biscuits. So Lord, when things come up we don’t like, when life gets hard, when we just don’t understand what you are saying to us, we just need to relax and wait til You are done fixin and probably it will be something even better than biscuits.

In Jesus Name
Amen.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
clap

Amen brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36621 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
I pray the wife will make me breakfast every morning. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grizz

Don't piss her off and breakfast will be served.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote