Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too much time on their hands Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
This is in regards to what I saw today concerning legislation being passed that would make it a crime in Florida for a dog to have his head out of a vehicle. What a crock! I'm happier when those "law makers" are getting drunk in a strip joint than when they are coming up with BS new laws.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is in regards to what I saw today concerning legislation being passed that would make it a crime in Florida for a dog to have his head out of a vehicle

I believe it only applies when the dog is sitting on the drivers lap.

One would think common sense would apply.

But we known many lack it.

Posts: 19361 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Common sense?

In laws?

Hahahahaha! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Common sense?

In laws?

Hahahahaha!

No, Common sense. . . . IN PEOPLE! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like the old saying, "If it's common, it's not sense, + if it's sense, it's damn sure not common."

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The proposed legislation in Florida will do several things:
Prohibit allowing dogs to stick their head out of the car window.
Prohibit driving with a dog on your lap
Prohibit declawing of cats
End animal testing of cosmetic products.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Now if they would make a law prohibiting people putting their dogs in grocery carts and bringing them into stores selling food.

~Ann

Posts: 19150 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The dogs are cleaner than some of the kids I've seen in carts. sofa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
True, that! Reminds me of the comedian who talked about the white trash women beating their kids in Walmart, telling the kids, "Just wait until your Daddy gets home; we're going to Walmart!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We've got a lot of laws. They keep making more. Do we ever take any off the books? I think it's still illegal in Texas to carry a pair of sidecutters in your saddlebags.

Posts: 10003 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
We've got a lot of laws. They keep making more. Do we ever take any off the books? I think it's still illegal in Texas to carry a pair of sidecutters in your saddlebags.

I believe our Texas Constitution is one of the longest, but I can’t confirm. I’ve heard the same about fencing tools.

Yes, many need to be repealed.

Lavaca, I would vote for you at Lt. Governor, AG, or State Senator (although the State Senator vote would have to be LBJ style).

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our constitution is the one from 1869. That is very important in regards to firearm laws, although many have been updated for the better. I was arrested in 1978 coming back from a match because I had a pistol in the car. The cop just didn't know the law. I wqas legal, but I got the privelrge of spending the night in the tank + spending an attorneys fees to prove it. I really don't begrudge the lawyers fees because I learned a lot about how the law at that time read. It has all changed now dur to CHL + open carry, but back then it was no joke. Although I must admit that the best part of the whole fiasco was when I was brought in the following morning to the judge, an old buddy of mine (A Williamson Co. Deputy) was on duty + informed the judge that I was a good guy so he waived bail + afterwards all charges were dropped. That arresting cop was furious! He was just an asshole. I found out later that he had even given his own mother a traffic ticket. O.K. concerning the fence pliers routine, theres the old joke about the cowboy riding into town with a pair in his saddlebags + the sherrif arrested him for fence cutting, rustling, +trespassing. The cowboy says, "But I never did any of those things." The judge says, "Well, you had the equipment for it." So the cowboy says, "Well, in that case you might as well charge me with rape too."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, did they??

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Our constitution is the one from 1869. That is very important in regards to firearm laws, although many have been updated for the better. I was arrested in 1978 coming back from a match because I had a pistol in the car. The cop just didn't know the law. I wqas legal, but I got the privelrge of spending the night in the tank + spending an attorneys fees to prove it. I really don't begrudge the lawyers fees because I learned a lot about how the law at that time read. It has all changed now dur to CHL + open carry, but back then it was no joke. Although I must admit that the best part of the whole fiasco was when I was brought in the following morning to the judge, an old buddy of mine (A Williamson Co. Deputy) was on duty + informed the judge that I was a good guy so he waived bail + afterwards all charges were dropped. That arresting cop was furious! He was just an asshole. I found out later that he had even given his own mother a traffic ticket. O.K. concerning the fence pliers routine, theres the old joke about the cowboy riding into town with a pair in his saddlebags + the sherrif arrested him for fence cutting, rustling, +trespassing. The cowboy says, "But I never did any of those things." The judge says, "Well, you had the equipment for it." So the cowboy says, "Well, in that case you might as well charge me with rape too."

There was likely an affirmative defense being traveling with a handgun back then

Williamson County has been one of the dirtiest in Texas when it comes to egregious prosecution. The Michael Morton act being one:

https://www.texastribune.org/2...rberates-across-tex/

They cleared out and even indicted many of the DA, who later became a judge. That was not the only indiscretion in “Wilco.”

https://time.com/5745028/the-c...y-lee-lucas-netflix/

https://youtu.be/8Azu4CXkitI

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Believer me, I could tell you a lot of graft stories about Wilco, many of them from personal knowledge about the events, but nothing will ever come of it. They just do what they want. And you are right about the Michael Morton case. I had personal dealings with the Wilco prosecuting attorney (Kenneth Anderson), + he was a real piece of work. he should have gone to prison + lose his retirement, but no, not in Wilco.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DCS:

Flattering, but I have no political aspirations. In fact, I hate all politicians. If I ran, I'd hate myself.

Posts: 10003 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Believer me, I could tell you a lot of graft stories about Wilco, many of them from personal knowledge about the events, but nothing will ever come of it. They just do what they want. And you are right about the Michael Morton case. I had personal dealings with the Wilco prosecuting attorney (Kenneth Anderson), + he was a real piece of work. he should have gone to prison + lose his retirement, but no, not in Wilco.

I actually did get a good deal out of Wilco about a year ago. A young BM with a UPF, but somehow got it as a CD with community service and a class. Of course, the pistol had to be forfeited. I suppose I got lucky with the ADA. There were questions about the stop, but the deal was too great to pass up.

Michael Morton has spoken at some CLEs and I can’t imagine what he went through. I also did some Innocence Project work in law school. Some of those guys really got screwed. Henry Wade was originally under J. Edgar Hoover. Luckily, records were retained.

Marcus Cady

DRSS