New
Find
Notify
Tools

if you had $20 to spend........ Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
at a local gunshow and weren't looking for anything in particular, what would you buy??…. an impulse buy...remember, keep it under $20, i'm looking for suggestions.... something like a knife sharpener, flashlight, laser, multi-use tool, first aid kit, shotgun shell Christmas tree lights...thanks, jim

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2831 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
2 hotdogs and a cold beer.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$8.00 to park.
$16.00 admission.
Looks like 20 bucks doesn't get me through the door.

M

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True that;+ then you get accosted by all the T shirts + jams + jellies. As I have said before,it's a one way street. You just try to sell a gun at a SAMMI show + watch the sxxt hit the fan.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke Slim:
2 hotdogs and a cold beer.

Probably two beers and a hot dog.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the 70's when they had the Austin Gun Show in the colosieum they had Shlitz on tap.I never cared for that brand but on tap it was pretty good.I'm sure the atmosphere helped. The gun shows these days have really gone down hill.No decent deals,overpriced individuals,dealers selling at top end,+ having to deal with the arts + crafts set.I hate to sound like the old fart that says "Things were different in my day" but that's how it is.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I did a little walking around the Dallas Market Hall show a 6-7 months ago. I went to pick up a gun that was previously agreed, but I did buy a cool leather shotshell belt that fit me for $15 I think. It was made for a 20, but 28 fits also as long as I’m not inverted. I did also buy some killer salsa. I didn’t have to pay entry as I was just picking up a Steyr from a guy that waved me through the front door. However, I guess I spent a lot more than $20.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3434 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to find on occasion some phenominal deals,but not in the last few years. I still go foolishly hoping to find my stolen Broomhandle Mauser w/ shoulder stock in the case w/all the extras.That still makes me sick.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I used to find on occasion some phenominal deals,but not in the last few years. I still go foolishly hoping to find my stolen Broomhandle Mauser w/ shoulder stock in the case w/all the extras.That still makes me sick.

I’d be afraid to put a number on that one, but it’s a reminder to document what I have to the best of my ability. However, some are just priceless.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3434 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Zipper handgun cases. Small range bag. travel cleaning kit

Posts: 6405 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I normally have a lot more the 20 to spend when I go to a gun show.

But I am always on watch for a good deal on magazines, knifes, speed loaders, powder and the likes.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote