The Accurate Reloading Forums
if you had $20 to spend........

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/6861052252

06 June 2019, 02:37
jimatcat
if you had $20 to spend........
at a local gunshow and weren't looking for anything in particular, what would you buy??…. an impulse buy...remember, keep it under $20, i'm looking for suggestions.... something like a knife sharpener, flashlight, laser, multi-use tool, first aid kit, shotgun shell Christmas tree lights...thanks, jim

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis
06 June 2019, 04:27
Slowpoke Slim
2 hotdogs and a cold beer.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor
06 June 2019, 04:35
Mark Clark
$8.00 to park.
$16.00 admission.
Looks like 20 bucks doesn't get me through the door.

M
06 June 2019, 09:12
NormanConquest
True that;+ then you get accosted by all the T shirts + jams + jellies. As I have said before,it's a one way street. You just try to sell a gun at a SAMMI show + watch the sxxt hit the fan.

Never mistake motion for action.
06 June 2019, 19:27
df06
quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke Slim:
2 hotdogs and a cold beer.

Probably two beers and a hot dog.

NRA Patron member
08 June 2019, 09:12
NormanConquest
In the 70's when they had the Austin Gun Show in the colosieum they had Shlitz on tap.I never cared for that brand but on tap it was pretty good.I'm sure the atmosphere helped. The gun shows these days have really gone down hill.No decent deals,overpriced individuals,dealers selling at top end,+ having to deal with the arts + crafts set.I hate to sound like the old fart that says "Things were different in my day" but that's how it is.

08 June 2019, 09:50
DCS Member
I did a little walking around the Dallas Market Hall show a 6-7 months ago. I went to pick up a gun that was previously agreed, but I did buy a cool leather shotshell belt that fit me for $15 I think. It was made for a 20, but 28 fits also as long as I’m not inverted. I did also buy some killer salsa. I didn’t have to pay entry as I was just picking up a Steyr from a guy that waved me through the front door. However, I guess I spent a lot more than $20.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS
20 June 2019, 08:53
NormanConquest
I used to find on occasion some phenominal deals,but not in the last few years. I still go foolishly hoping to find my stolen Broomhandle Mauser w/ shoulder stock in the case w/all the extras.That still makes me sick.

20 June 2019, 09:27
DCS Member
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I used to find on occasion some phenominal deals,but not in the last few years. I still go foolishly hoping to find my stolen Broomhandle Mauser w/ shoulder stock in the case w/all the extras.That still makes me sick.

I’d be afraid to put a number on that one, but it’s a reminder to document what I have to the best of my ability. However, some are just priceless.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS
20 June 2019, 18:25
richj
Zipper handgun cases. Small range bag. travel cleaning kit
21 June 2019, 01:17
p dog shooter
I normally have a lot more the 20 to spend when I go to a gun show.

But I am always on watch for a good deal on magazines, knifes, speed loaders, powder and the likes.