THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    EPA to rule on continuing use of lead for bullets and fishing weights

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EPA to rule on continuing use of lead for bullets and fishing weights Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
A coalition of anti-gun organizations has petitioned the EPA to outlaw the use of lead in bullets and fishing weights and lures. Currently the petition is open for public comment.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The EPA has refused the petition. The problem is that the big dogs that are pushing that sort of thing, PETA, et al, are "on the clock" while they're doing this crap. So they will just try a different angle. They're relentless so we ourselves should stay on the alert.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The good news, all of you checked in with your congressmen/women and both of my Republican Senators have assured me that Congress will see a bill to remove ammunition related issues from their purview.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:

The good news, all of you checked in with your congressmen/women and both of my Republican Senators have assured me that Congress will see a bill to remove ammunition related issues from their purview.

Rich
I ain't waitin' on their good graces. I bought an obamaload of bullets on Saturday. And I'll buy more in the coming weeks. Don't ever trust a politician to do something good for you. They count the "for me" and "against me" votes cast by you and me come the next election every time they cast a vote in Congress. For them, it's about staying in power. They don't give a rat's obama what you think.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote