The Accurate Reloading Forums
EPA to rule on continuing use of lead for bullets and fishing weights

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/5191024931

28 August 2010, 19:26
swampshooter
EPA to rule on continuing use of lead for bullets and fishing weights
A coalition of anti-gun organizations has petitioned the EPA to outlaw the use of lead in bullets and fishing weights and lures. Currently the petition is open for public comment.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.
28 August 2010, 20:29
wasbeeman
The EPA has refused the petition. The problem is that the big dogs that are pushing that sort of thing, PETA, et al, are "on the clock" while they're doing this crap. So they will just try a different angle. They're relentless so we ourselves should stay on the alert.

Aim for the exit hole
29 August 2010, 01:37
Idaho Sharpshooter
The good news, all of you checked in with your congressmen/women and both of my Republican Senators have assured me that Congress will see a bill to remove ammunition related issues from their purview.

Rich
30 August 2010, 02:28
homebrewer
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:

The good news, all of you checked in with your congressmen/women and both of my Republican Senators have assured me that Congress will see a bill to remove ammunition related issues from their purview.

Rich
I ain't waitin' on their good graces. I bought an obamaload of bullets on Saturday. And I'll buy more in the coming weeks. Don't ever trust a politician to do something good for you. They count the "for me" and "against me" votes cast by you and me come the next election every time they cast a vote in Congress. For them, it's about staying in power. They don't give a rat's obama what you think.