Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fallen AR Member Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Fellow AR member and my lifelong friend Josh A. died this morning in an automobile accident.

Josh was a man of impeccable character and integrity above reproach. He was my son's Godfather and the man I named my son after. Josh allowed me the honor of being his best man in his wedding. His generosity knew no bounds and I have countless reminders of this around my house. Everything from the Ithaca side by side he gave my son, to a longbow and knives he made for me with his own hands. A finer man I have never known.

He is survived by his wife of 23 years, Lisa, two sisters, Amy and Kay, his brother Justin, and his mother. He will be sorely missed.

My heartfelt prayers go out to Josh's family.

John

Lord, please grant me the strength to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Posts: 101 | Location: The Big Country | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Based on his posts, he seemed like a fine person and hunter. Here is a link to his elephant hunt thread last year.......Josh A.'s elephant

We are diminished. Rest in peace, Josh A.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your friend. We should all do what we can to make a mark in the world because we can be snatched away in an instant. Sounds like Josh lived right and had some adventures.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
John,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences and pass them on to his family from a stranger. His elpehant hunt report was so alive. To think he is now gone! Every time I see a story like this I think life is so short and we worry about stupid little things!

Regards,

Arjun
Reddy375

Posts: 2537 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We send our sincere condolences and small prayers for you and Josh's family and friends. Never easy to lose one too soon.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
My condolences as well. Sorry for your/our loss

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Your eulogy descibing your friend gives credit to you both. God Bless.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hondo, Thats some sad news, my condolences

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we are diminished...

My condolences to his family, and to you and yours as well.

He had seen the Elephant.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote