The Accurate Reloading Forums
Fallen AR Member

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/4981064421

15 January 2010, 06:08
Hondo64d
Fallen AR Member
Fellow AR member and my lifelong friend Josh A. died this morning in an automobile accident.

Josh was a man of impeccable character and integrity above reproach. He was my son's Godfather and the man I named my son after. Josh allowed me the honor of being his best man in his wedding. His generosity knew no bounds and I have countless reminders of this around my house. Everything from the Ithaca side by side he gave my son, to a longbow and knives he made for me with his own hands. A finer man I have never known.

He is survived by his wife of 23 years, Lisa, two sisters, Amy and Kay, his brother Justin, and his mother. He will be sorely missed.

My heartfelt prayers go out to Josh's family.

John

Lord, please grant me the strength to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference.
15 January 2010, 06:33
Gatogordo
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Based on his posts, he seemed like a fine person and hunter. Here is a link to his elephant hunt thread last year.......Josh A.'s elephant

We are diminished. Rest in peace, Josh A.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
15 January 2010, 06:39
calgarychef1
Sorry to hear about your friend. We should all do what we can to make a mark in the world because we can be snatched away in an instant. Sounds like Josh lived right and had some adventures.
15 January 2010, 06:57
reddy375
John,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences and pass them on to his family from a stranger. His elpehant hunt report was so alive. To think he is now gone! Every time I see a story like this I think life is so short and we worry about stupid little things!

Regards,

Arjun
Reddy375
15 January 2010, 09:10
mstarling
We send our sincere condolences and small prayers for you and Josh's family and friends. Never easy to lose one too soon.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com
15 January 2010, 20:10
daniel77
My condolences as well. Sorry for your/our loss

http://dauphinhorsemanship.com/
16 January 2010, 02:21
xgrunt
Sorry for your loss. Your eulogy descibing your friend gives credit to you both. God Bless.
16 January 2010, 08:09
JD Miller
Hondo, Thats some sad news, my condolences
16 January 2010, 08:13
CaneCorso
Prayers sent

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

16 January 2010, 09:26
Idaho Sharpshooter
we are diminished...

My condolences to his family, and to you and yours as well.

He had seen the Elephant.

Rich