New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leonard Cohen Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
RIP Lenny.Just got word that he passed today.A distiguished poet/writer/songwriter/prophetic sage + more. We will miss you here in our realm. I wish you peace singing to the angels in your golden voice.In 2008 you played Austin + I had to buy tickets online that were to go on sale on Friday @ 10:00 A.M. I got online at 10 minutes till + all the tickets were sold.Sharks. I should have paid $80.00 for the pair but ended up paying $400.00. Almost did'nt do it out of disgust but the reality was that I may never get the chance again. So I did + I have no regrets but I will NEVER buy tickets from those people again.Anyone who is not familiar with his work,please take the time to do so.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He went to join Marianne. Wink

http://www.thewrap.com/leonard...use-predicted-death/

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes he did. There was an interview with him in the last New Yorker.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
We should be able to recognize scalpers by their lack of hands.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I totally agree. Most unethical behavior. I got a kick out of seeing the scalpers stuck with tickets 10 years ago when The Rolling Stones played ACL. No body was buying them;they were standing on every street corner trying unsuccesfully to sell them.Did my heart good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grizzly,I want to thank you profusely for your addition of the mixed artists doing "Halleluia" That was beautiful. I have seen Lenard + K.D. Lang + Rufus Wainwright do it in person but it is still moving.In all of his songs + poems that involve some biblical context as well as sexual issues this one is spot on. For anyone who watched the mixed artists rendition of the song + shed not a tear,then I pity you for you have no soul.