New
Find
Notify
Tools

new on for me!! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Bill G. in Oregon
posted
Buyer here says he agrees to price and will send check. Then three days later, says he decided to buy locally instead. :-(

Posts: 1783 | Registered: 21 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very wrong. Bad buyer for not keeping his word.

Jerry

Posts: 1424 | Location: Dayton, Wyoming | Registered: 11 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must have told his wife :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, name him so we'll know who NOT to do business with in the future.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
An old saying in real estate: They're never closed until the check clears the bank.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
That sucks. Whatever happened to "a man's word is his bond?"

I've committed to a purchase then found a "better" deal. Never stopped me from going through with my commitment though. Saving a few dollars is not worth losing one's integrity for.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Bill, sorry for your disappointment my friend.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16398 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Bill G. - I'm certain most AR members would send payment pronto, not wait a few days to see if a better deal comes along. A deal is a deal. One bad apple.......

quote:
Originally posted by Bill G. in Oregon:
Buyer here says he agrees to price and will send check. Then three days later, says he decided to buy locally instead. :-(

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5113 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you going to repost the item for sale?

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Hell, I usually ship the thing as as soon as the guy says he wants it and then he sends money later. This kind of thing is the mark of a cretin; completely un -gentlemanly. If I commit to a deal, I wouldn't back out even if I got one free the next day.
If he is an AR member, rat him out; he deserves contempt, and avoidance. Unless he had a very good reason, which I assume he didn't. Personal death would be about the only one.

Posts: 17122 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Hell, I usually ship the thing as as soon as the guy says he wants it and then he sends money later.

Recently bought some things here from a member. This is exactly what he did. I got an email with the tracking number about 2 hours before I got to the Post Office to mail the check. People here have always struck me as honest and very down to earth.

Posts: 749 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bummer.........I agree. Call Him Out

Posts: 142 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Must have told his wife :-)

That's too funny - might just be true :-)

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1294 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can see changing his mind, but not to buy another rifle.

I will also say when I buy something I am not in a hurry to get it, and frequently it takes me a week to get the check out. That said, I always tell people if they want, wait for the check to clear before shipping.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No you can't change your mind after committing to it; that is a verbal (or written) contract, and a gentleman's word is the most important thing. If you don't want it then don't say you do. As for waiting to send money, realize that some guys here might be counting on the money and can't afford to wait for it. Prompt payment of obligations is also a gentleman's responsibility. Deals between fellow gun owners are not the same as buying something at walmart. Nothing like that.

Posts: 17122 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the most part, that has been my experience here. I bought something from Del Prater on Monday, put the check in the mail and he's already sent me a tracking number. Most of us are trustworthy.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A very small minority will screw it up for everyone.
I have not had that happen, buying or selling.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
In the 11 years that I have been on this site I have had only one negative experience,bought a set of moulds from a guy would did'nt ship because he claimed he never got the check. I sent him a pic. of the check+ the back where he had endorsed it.Where upon he grudgingly mailed them but refused to admit that he was wrong.But that was the only time.I have had great luck with everyone on this site.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It has nothing to do with this site, or members on it, but I question this day and age whether people even understand what "their word" means.

I was visiting Gato's hogs last week. I had ten people jumping up and down about how they wanted some hog meat, so I told them I would try to get them a shoulder or ham. Of the ten people, three backed out when I told them I had their meat ready.

Two men backed-out for the second time. (Shame on me for giving them a second chance.) Both seemed to have lent their pants to their wife; or maybe they always wore them.

If I tell someone I'm going to do something I do it! I can't stomach a man that can't act like a man, instead of a four-year-old.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I told them I had their meat ready.

If I had an evil mind, I would say you should have told their wives the above, but, of course, my halo is only slightly tarnished..... Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
If I had an evil mind, I would say you should have told their wives the above, but, of course, my halo is only slightly tarnished..... Wink

Cool

Posts: 1074 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This guy small_caliber is the only person ever to screw me on AR.

He got my money and never sent primers then stopped returning e-mails and phone calls. Don't do business with him!

quote:

small_caliber
posted Aug 05, 2015 2:03 PM Hide Post
Jim sounds good. I have 4,600 in total
How about $180 for those plus the hazmat fee ($20) and shipping ( lets call it $25). Does that sound good?
total: $225

If you do paypal pls do "gift" and just put your name for subject, otherwise they will ban our accts. thanks

godelsproof@gmail.com

Luis Lewis
21 Pleasant Manor Drive
Thornwood NY 10594

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Good friend of mine for over 40 years just happens to also be a Methodist minister + a hunter as well. His church is in Floresville. When he hunts hogs he knows who the needy in the community are. He even delivers.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill G. in Oregon:

I think you are doing the AR community a disservice by not naming the culprit. We, generally, trust each other, and now we have a skunk among us, and we don't know who it is. Name him or, at least his handle, so we can avoid him.

xxxxxxxxxx