Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who the hell is Kimbo? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Some guy named Kimbo Slice was cut off at the knees in 14 seconds by a no-name fighter. Who is Kimbo Slice? In what kind of fighting are these people engaged?

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I watched his last fight and was impressed with him as a brawler.
Last evening I would have bet my money on him and lost it all in 14 seconds.
I want to see a rematch.

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now there are reports the underdog was paid to take a fall, but he took the opportunity to fight forthrightly and clobbered the big galoot...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Kimbo Slice is an internet legend as a street brawler. He's out of South Florida and engaged in fist fights in back yards and parking lots when he weighed about 280 pounds. You can still see a lot of his fights on youtube. The only bareknuckle fight he lost was to a Boston cop (I think his name was Gannon or Cannon). Some of these fights were downright brutal.

He got a talented trainer and began properly working out and training in 'MMA'(Mixed Martial Arts). He's had two or three fights televised where he beat some lesser foes. He beat one tough guy named Tank Abbot who is about five years and 50 pounds past his prime.

He was being groomed to be the heavyweight superstar of XC-Elite fighting club who was showing the fights on network television. He was suppose to fight another long-in-the-tooth fighter by the name of Ken Shamrock, but he was medically scratched because of a cut on his eyebrow suffered during warmups (or so the story goes). At the last minute they brought in Seth Petracelli (sp?), a mediocre fighter in the 205 category (Kimbo fights at about 245 now).

Fight last less than 20 seconds and Seth knocked him out with what appeared to be a routine punch.

The group Affliction and XC Elite were going to merge in order to compete against the UFC. A fight with Kimbo versus another star attraction would have been worth millions. This loss to a mediocre light heavyweight set that plan way back.

Dana White, the star organizer of the UFC, made a claim awhile back a number of properly trained/talented MMA fighters could whip Kimbo Slice including Sean Penn (155 pound fighter). The results of this last fight kind of bear that out.

Kimbo Slice is a strong brawler that can throw a heavy punch. But his technique, conditioning, and mixed martial arts talents are going to need a lot of work before he gets anywhere near the UFC top 10 rankings.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=ur4GfOJ9Q7U
Here's a 14 second fight, don't know whether this a recent or older match........r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just another Mike Tyson wannabee that is being used by white promoters to make a bunch of money in blood sports.

Posts: 10167 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who is Kimbo Slice?

He's the prototype for what 'Bubba', the amorous cellmate in prison, will look like. He likes 'vanilla'.

As seen in the below dramatization of your first night (wedding night) in prison.

jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I betcha DaMan wants to meet him for some "tender moments alone." JJJuicy, too...

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Kimbo is a bad ass that caught a perfect punch.

He will be back...

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He will be back...

As one of Booga-wooga's "civilian national security force" Brownshirts. He's the guy (along with two or three others just as big, mean and ugly) who will come to your door, kick it in, ransack your house and take your guns. That's change we can believe in...

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homebrewer:
quote:
He will be back...

As one of Booga-wooga's "civilian national security force" Brownshirts. He's the guy (along with two or three others just as big, mean and ugly) who will come to your door, kick it in, ransack your house and take your guns. That's change we can believe in...

Its ok they can come and take my guns, from my cold dead hands

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any good journeyman boxer would put him to sleep in no time.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread sat dormant for twenty months, from 11/4/08 to 07/04/10. Amazing...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
homebrewer,

send lots of Kimbos, cause my 870 holds nine rounds...

Not to worry, liberals don't usually carry enough "sack" to come to folks in Idaho's homes.

Rich
Molon Abe

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote