THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    I hope this isn't a vision of the future

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hope this isn't a vision of the future Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I posted this on the European forum, but all hunters should be concerned:

Today's Wall Street Journal has a front page story about a voter referendum in Switzerland - this referendum will decide if each canton in the country will have to hire animal lawyers.

Some nut named Antoine Goetschel sued a fisherman for catching a pike, alledging animal cruelty.

Not good news for hunters, or taxpayers. After all, I imagine if the law passes, the lawyer could file suit against a weasel for killing a mouse.

Dumb. Until we all stop eating meat, animals have no rights. And I don't think the day is coming anytime soon we stop eating meat.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Wow...

My new mantra...SAVE THE SPINACH! WE MUST NO LONGER DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PLANT LIFE!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Y'think figuring out ways to hang on to the billions of $$$ the Nazis put into bank accounts there and the vaults full of jewelry, paintings, etc; they are "holding" for the 3rd Reich to make their comeback is causing brain damage?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, Idaho, I don't think that, actually. What I do think is that there are azzhats everyehere. Switzerland is no more immune than Idaho, or Tennessee.

Like the poor, azzhats will always be with us.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Until we all stop eating meat, animals have no rights. And I don't think the day is coming anytime soon we stop eating meat.
This is the reason I always call their movement "Vegetarian Rights" rather than "Animal Rights". That in fact is what this is about and it's far more accurate in terms of where it's going.

Many times half the battle is gaining the upper hand in framing the issue.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Then they'll start on the Veggies! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
There are two large organizations that protect our hunting and shooting freedoms....
SCI and NRA salute
If you are not a member of both, shame on you.
bewildered

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've said this before here but I guess it doesn't hurt to repeat it - if you want to have a little fun with a vegetarian just ask if they can name history's all time most famous vegetarian. Hint - he had a German name.

You can also ask if they've heard of Green Bones Syndrome. I understand that forensic pathologists can identify the body of someone who was a vegetarian by seeing if the bones have a greenish tint.

What won't work in a discussion with them is to point out that humans are born predators - the forward looking eyes for focusing on prey (unlike prey animals' sideways looking eyes), the differences in hearing, the nails/claws and canines. This is using reason which won't work with these people. The real young ones won't be able to follow it and the older ones will say "that's what we're trying to rise above".

One fellow I know resorted to bribery. His daughter returned from college a vegetarian and refused to eat the pot roast dinner she used to love. He offered to pay her $100 if she would totally drop the veggie nonsense while home, and she agreed.

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Like a lot of other propaganda, the whole "Hitler was a vegetarian" thing gets pretty twisted up and you have to do a bit of research to get to what really was the situation.

The fact was that he liked to eat meat, and did so at the beginning of the war. When he started getting his azz kicked everywhere he started having more and more trouble eating the rich stuff he liked earlier on in life. At the end, he couldn't even stomach butter in anything but that is a far stretch from saying he was a vegetarian just because he'd puke if he ate a sausage.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler's_vegetarianism

And if the link appears incorrect, type in hitler vegetarian and it will take you there.

It's well written, fair and balanced.

It discusses both views and leaves no doubt whatsoever that Hitler was a life long enthusiastic and passionate vegetarian.

The contra view came along way later and was put forward as a political defense by those with a vegetarian agenda to counter the Hitler stigma. And they didn't do a very good job of it.

I've also read of it in Wm. Shirer's "Rise And Fall Of The Third Reich" which is the preeminent work on Nazi Germany. In it he describes Hitler's referring to beef broth as "corpse tea". A.H. frowned on those around him eating meat products and extolled what to him were the virtues of this practice.

So feel free to point it out to vegetarians. It's the truth. Of course, not that most young ones today will probably have ever heard of Hitler. It's hard to make the point that this is an unnatural practice performed by, not surprisingly, an unnatural individual to a generation that doesn't know what you're talking about.

On a more personal note, I once visited Lake Sylvan Lodge in the Black Hills, and they had buffalo burgers on the menu. I hadn't tried this before but always wanted to. So I say to the waitress I've heard buffalo is really good and have looked forward to trying a buff burger in the great American West, and how are they. Her answer brought the whole experience back down to earth, "I wouldn't know, I'm from New York and I'm a vegetarian".

Anyway, the remark about computers I can't disagree with.