New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Idaho Sharpshooter Rich Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Grenadier, has a problem. He caused the problem by getting too involved in the BULL SHIT that is the Crater!

Even though he and I do not get along, I feel he is a knowledgeable, well informed individual that has a lot of experience to pass along.

Simple fact is, he got too damned involved in the Political Discussions in the Crater and did not realize I guess, that political and religious arguments are based on 90%+ emotion.

That is why many sites, Not Dedicated to such topics Do Not Allow them!!!

Moderation on this site is at a reasonable level. This past election has brought out a level of animosity among the membership that really is above and beyond all reason.

People, including me, complained about Obama's Regime for the whole 8 years! We whined/bitched/moaned about Hillary during that whole time.

Trump wins and those that voted for him/supported him, want every negative comment about Trump censored!!!!!!

There are all kinds of reasons for things to be slower on here than at some point in the past, Who really cares?????

None of us pay ANY DUES!

None of us are forced to participate, it is purely VOLUNTARY!

What will all of us do if Saeed wakes up tomorrow and says "Fuck It" and simply shuts the place down???????????

I am not defending Saeed, I am merely pointing out facts, No One forced ANY of US to join, No One has FORCED ANY of us to Stay, we can get away with SHIT that we couldn't on other sites.

IF the person that makes the site available to us, does not care or worry about the supposed DECLINE, why should the members???????

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
I am not irritated. I have not considered leaving. I have cut down on visits to the out house. It makes the whole place that much better.

This site remains a great place to learn. A wealth of knowledge and experience from around the world.

Hopefully I will be able to contribute soon. Do my little part to add to a great site.

Thank you Saeed and Don.

Posts: 7485 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Good point Randle. I personally would hate to see this site disappear,kinda got used to it + the other members over the years.Some people will always ride a free horse to death. However the message to tranquility here is to just stay off the political forum,just like the secret here in Austin is to stay off of I-35.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Grenadier, has a problem. He caused the problem by getting too involved in the BULL SHIT that is the Crater! ...Simple fact is, he got too damned involved in the Political Discussions in the Crater and did not realize I guess, that political and religious arguments are based on 90%+ emotion.
Problem? No, I do not have a problem. I did get involved in the Political Forum because it was a place of interesting discourse, sometimes even funny, and reflections on worldwide current events. I was a very active participant for several years and I was, and am, absolutely not naive to the content and personalities it can draw out. I simply tired of that forum when it turned into nothing but insults, pages of posts of unrelated pictures and links, and voluminous redundant postings not made to discuss or inform but made to silence any dissent.

I well know that political discussions invoke lots of emotion. Big deal. But, what little discussion there is in the PF becomes overwhelmed by off topic span, vile personal insults, and trolling. There was a time such behavior was not tolerated and the instigators were banished. That time has past and self serving instigators from all sides of the issues now bury the discourse of others in a mountain of dribble and trash. That is what I tired of and that is why I left. I have no interest there anymore, and I have no "problem".

I am not trying to get Saeed to do anything. Nevertheless, we will continue to hear Randle tell me and others over and over again that this is Saeed's website to do with as he wishes. Nobody here is ignorant of that fact. Perhaps he just likes saying it. Roll Eyes

Truth be told, while Saeed proudly espouses a forum where no person is censured he has unwittingly created a forum where the fastest, most repetitious, least relevant content posters censure whoever they want. There is less free discourse now than there was in days past. That's because it gets silenced by bully spamming and name calling.

Meanwhile, as Randle himself has pointed out, the sour atmosphere of the Political Forum is souring the rest of AR and Accurate Reloading continues to morph away from what it once was and into the new political sewer it is fast becoming.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The ARPF is an oasis of knowledge in a desert of ignorance. I cannot imagine how anyone could feel otherwise. (That was sarcasm, that place is a sewer and Edmond is the chief turd who needs flushing.)

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
quote:
Grenadier, has a problem. He caused the problem by getting too involved in the BULL SHIT that is the Crater! ...Simple fact is, he got too damned involved in the Political Discussions in the Crater and did not realize I guess, that political and religious arguments are based on 90%+ emotion.
Problem? No, I do not have a problem. I did get involved in the Political Forum because it was a place of interesting discourse, sometimes even funny, and reflections on worldwide current events. I was a very active participant for several years and I was, and am, absolutely not naive to the content and personalities it can draw out. I simply tired of that forum when it turned into nothing but insults, pages of posts of unrelated pictures and links, and voluminous redundant postings not made to discuss or inform but made to silence any dissent.

I well know that political discussions invoke lots of emotion. Big deal. But, what little discussion there is in the PF becomes overwhelmed by off topic span, vile personal insults, and trolling. There was a time such behavior was not tolerated and the instigators were banished. That time has past and self serving instigators from all sides of the issues now bury the discourse of others in a mountain of dribble and trash. That is what I tired of and that is why I left. I have no interest there anymore, and I have no "problem".

I am not trying to get Saeed to do anything. Nevertheless, we will continue to hear Randle tell me and others over and over again that this is Saeed's website to do with as he wishes. Nobody here is ignorant of that fact. Perhaps he just likes saying it. Roll Eyes

Truth be told, while Saeed proudly espouses a forum where no person is censured he has unwittingly created a forum where the fastest, most repetitious, least relevant content posters censure whoever they want. There is less free discourse now than there was in days past. That's because it gets silenced by bully spamming and name calling.

Meanwhile, as Randle himself has pointed out, the sour atmosphere of the Political Forum is souring the rest of AR and Accurate Reloading continues to morph away from what it once was and into the new political sewer it is fast becoming.

The minute you had that silly bet with Edmond, we all know you have a problem.

I hope you have recovered by now clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66975 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That time has past and self serving instigators from all sides of the issues now bury the discourse of others in a mountain of dribble and trash. That is what I tired of and that is why I left. I have no interest there anymore, and I have no "problem".

At least you recognise and admit that people on ALL sides/political ideologies are involved.

I am not trying to get Saeed to do anything. Nevertheless, we will continue to hear Randle tell me and others over and over again that this is Saeed's website to do with as he wishes. Nobody here is ignorant of that fact. Perhaps he just likes saying it.

If you are NOT trying to get Saeed to do something, why are you still complaining? You have grown tired of how the place has degraded in your opinion, why not simply move on, take 6 months off then check back in. As far as my reminding folks, if you and others can constantly complain about things not running the way you would like them too, I am going to remind folks that no one is forced to join the site. I ain't taking up for Saeed, he is quite good at doing that himself, I just get tired of whiners simply not just moving on with life. If this site or any other no longer gives a person the experience they are wanting, move on to something else quit agonizing over it.

Ignore their comments, talk around them, go to PM's if it is that important.

It is not just AR, the internet as a whole has gotten very abusive toward those using it, especially the "Social" end of it and sites like this one. The main problem you and others on here have is Edmond. But the fact that, especially in the Crater, some folks really aren't all that supportive of Free Speech, unless it meshes with their own personal narrative.

Grenadier, I feel sure that you are a good person and from reading comments/responses you have made in areas outside of the Crater, you have a lot of knowledge to share, but at this point in time this site seems to be causing you discomfort and if for no other reason, your concerns over its situation is something that you know is not going to change in the foreseeable future.

Take a break and check back in in a few weeks or months, because it is causing you a problem. If not, you would have simply walked away when you lost the bet and said To HELL with the place.

R A N D A L L - At least try to spell it correctly

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Saeed, as I stated at the time and since, I had already decided to stay away from the PF. It was just too tedious wading through all the trash to get to a real, non-troll, topic being discussed and then watching as that thread got filled with pictures of butt plugs and pages of meaningless drivel. It truly has gone to Hell.

I am sticking around for the shooting and hunting related topics for as long as they remain. I participate in those. However, I have also joined some other forums and I spend most of my forum time visiting those. I was drawn to AR because of the content and the people writing that content. A lot of that is gone thus I am not drawn here as much. I am sure many people have reacted similarly to the changes in AR.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

Grenadier, I feel sure that you are a good person and from reading comments/responses you have made in areas outside of the Crater, you have a lot of knowledge to share, but at this point in time this site seems to be causing you discomfort and if for no other reason, your concerns over its situation is something that you know is not going to change in the foreseeable future.

Take a break and check back in in a few weeks or months, because it is causing you a problem. If not, you would have simply walked away when you lost the bet and said To HELL with the place.

R A N D A L L - At least try to spell it correctly
RANDALL, this site is not causing me any discomfort. I am simply pointing out where it is going. I do wish it would return to its old ways but that is simply a desire, not discomfort.

Here is an analogy. Imagine you have a favorite Thai restaurant. It is a popular restaurant frequented by many. Over the last year, each time you've gone there you've find less Thai food on the menu and more vegan food. The customer base is changing too, more and more of the regular customers have disappeared and are being replaced with street bums who don't bath and stink. You still go to the restaurant because it still has some of the best Thai dishes but you now go to a different restaurant for Phad Thai, another for Som Tum, and another still for Tom Yum Gai. You miss the old fair at what was once your favorite restaurant and you hope it will return to its original foundation of Thai food.

Apparently, Randall, you don't like me pointing out that AR has changed, how it has changed, and where it is going. If my doing so irritates you have you considered leaving? Alternatively, you can ask Saeed to banish me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
ARPF serves its purpose, keeps the other forums pretty much clear of cheerleading and vitriol. Salud.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14379 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I still never saw the comparison between different years for the same period. Sort of like global warming, make the numbers say what you want without the larger frame of reference. Is this normal for the first part of a year? You never answered the question. What were the last three years like?

Oh, I get it...you just spouting off with no past information. OK.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
I still never saw the comparison between different years for the same period. Sort of like global warming, make the numbers say what you want without the larger frame of reference. Is this normal for the first part of a year? You never answered the question. What were the last three years like?

Oh, I get it...you just spouting off with no past information. OK.
The graph shows an entire year, so unless AR sees an immediate, overnight snap to the starting point it cannot possibly be something seasonal. Second, I and others have posted about this before, years before. The trend this last couple of years is real and the dive since the beginning of this year is real.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fair enough. I'm just not sure why you care. If it is going down beyond your tolerance, just move on. Everyone has choices.

I just stay for the information (and entertainment) that IS here, not for lamenting what has been. Still the best site for information I know of, especially without ads and popups and that type of bullshit.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
ARPF serves its purpose, keeps the other forums pretty much clear of cheerleading and vitriol. Salud.

And, while I disagree with your posts from time to time, you are well mannered and temperate towards everyone. Not too sure I can say that about even myself.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do wish it would return to its old ways but that is simply a desire, not discomfort.

Do you honestly believe that you are the only one that feels that way?????????

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
What does all this shit have to do with allowing ISS back on AR?????? Maybe you guys need to read the topic of the thread.... Whistling

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13159 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because it is merely an expansion of the
quote:
The Passing of a Once Great Hunting and Shooting Forum - the Obsolescence of AR
thread.

It can be readily seen, both are directed at the same concept, the belief among some members that Accurate Reloading is suffering its "Death Throes"!

All one has to do is read the responses/comments that have been made in both discussions, and in a similar discussion in the African Hunting Forum,
quote:
The AHF is dull nowadays...
and the tie-ins are readily apparent.

Accurate Reloading, or at least sections of it have changed for various reasons and whether or not those changes are going to have a lasting effect or not remains to be seen.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting: Because it is merely an expansion of the
QUOTE: The Passing of a Once Great Hunting and Shooting Forum - the Obsolescence of AR thread. It can be readily seen, both are directed at the same concept, the belief among some members that Accurate Reloading is suffering its "Death Throes"! All one has to do is read the responses/comments that have been made in both discussions, and in a similar discussion in the African Hunting Forum, QUOTE: The AHF is dull nowadays... and the tie-ins are readily apparent. Accurate Reloading, or at least sections of it have changed for various reasons and whether or not those changes are going to have a lasting effect or not remains to be seen.
That is a very good and succinct summation, Randall.

quote:
quote:
I do wish it would return to its old ways but that is simply a desire, not discomfort.

I never said or implied that I am. I know very well that I am not alone in that opinion. Further, I would be absolutely surprised if the AR majority silent on this issue does not feel the same.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have watched other sites go out of existence over similar problems, it is just the Nature Of The Beast!!!

The internet, because of the anonymity and the ease of misinterpreting what others are trying to say, does not lend itself to civil discourse!

Add to that the attitudes/opinions members develop toward each other over mere misinterpretations concerning a subject, and how can ANYONE expect people to not get fed up with the site and other members?????

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well,just for the sake of argument let us (revert) to our childhood Sunday School Class. # 1 is the Golden Rule,everyone remembers that one.right?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't think it was any better before. A lot of people have gone and come back. I think the current iteration is better than the last one.

We got rid of some real assholes through attrition and I came back and tested the waters and am happy here.

Some real dick heads in the old days, and some people who were absolute fucking dickheads have turned out to be ok. Rich was ok for a few months then back to find his innter demon.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote