THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    African mounts wall pedestal ideas

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

African mounts wall pedestal ideas
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted
I'm looking for some ideas for African plains game wall pedestal mount ideas that in corporate some "natural" looking vegatation or rocks ideas. I've seen some mounts on various taxidermists sites and general interenet searches on this subject, and most of what comes up along this line usually has deer (mostly white tails) that are mounted amidst a cluster of "rocks" at the base of the deer and some vegetation placed about it too. Some of these look pretty cool and I thought maybe I'd do one or two of my African animals (Eland, Red Haretebeast, Black Wildebeest and Waterbuck) in this same type of mounting. Just looking for something a little different than standard left or right looking shoulder mounts. Probably really won't do the Eland like this, since I think it looks pretty majestic on its own, but the others I mentioned are certainly being considered. Anyone have any pictures along these lines, even if its not the animals I memtioned early in this thread, just to give a perspective of the different ways this can be done. Heck show me your deer pics too if thats what you have. Thanks.

Willi

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
Here's my duiker and steinbok.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
Who did your taxidermy on your steinbok and duiker. I like the work!!

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
Mike Barry. He is going to have a similar mount with a steinbok and oribi at the San Diego SCI this weekend.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sculptor
posted Hide Post
great looking mounts Grafton

Posts: 727 | Location: Cody Wyoming | Registered: 17 December 2005Reply With Quote