New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lifeform taxidermy SA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm headed to Mozambique for buffalo and plains game,this will be my last african hunt.Ive never used an African taxidermy shop.I would like to hear from members that have used Life-Form Taxidermy in SA.I will not have any life-size mounts,mix of shoulder and horn shields.Also considering ocean freight. Is the savings worth while and quality acceptable?Your thoughts?

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used LifeForm as well as ocean freight for my first trip 20 years ago. I don't have all the pieces anymore but the skulls and rugs and my pedestal mount zebra still look perfect to this day.

Posts: 1468 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I used Lifeform for Moz hunt. 12-13 years ago- which is lifetime for an African business. I was well pleased with the work.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank-you, any others to weigh in on ocean freight services ?

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used LifeForm in 2006 for a safari in SA.
And again in 2009 for a Zambia safari. I was happy with the service and still happy with mounts.

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 442 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've used Life Form Taxidermy for nearly all of my 16 Safaris. Great work and great shipping and service.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been using LifeForm for 15 years. They are about 300 miles from me and i have burnt a lot of fuel to deliver trophies to them.
Always satisfied and good quality work.
They have re-mounted some trophies for me from other taxidermists, enough said....

Posts: 398 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I've been using Life-Form with great satisfaction for over 20 years.

They are now working on trophies from my safari last year in Cameroon.

I have nearly always used ocean freight. Everything costs more these days, but ocean freight is still far less than shipping by air.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Sending my deposit in this week to them for the 23 trophies my wife and I got in RSA last summer.

Egads on the air freight quote back!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank-you to all that have replied about lifeform taxidermy. I will be using them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After you have your trophies hanging on your walls is your all-in price still better than any quality taxidermists here in the states?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Yes, by a large amount. Of course, this was before air shipping jumped post Covid. But you still have the shipping charges now for the raw product so I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So would you consider by boat? When you say by a large amount what kind of percentage?