Find
Notify
Tools

Bear Skull
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G’day all,

First, I’m quite certain if this is the right sub-forum for this, but it’s the closest I could find. I shot a nice little bear last fall, and I have saved and would like to preserve the skull from it. So, I am soliciting recipes for doing this, specifically those that make the bone quite white, but don’t deteriorate it. Thanks in advance.

Davis

posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of greatbasin
posted Hide Post
Davis, I have 4 bear skulls now and I'm sorry I didn't send the first 3 to skulls unlimited...so if you arn't set on DIY they do great museum quality work and good customer service too.
If you really want to it DIY I heard of a way by submerging in water and letting it rot clean. It takes months but the results are suppose to be good after cleaning and whitening

One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
The only way to do a predator skull is to have the beetles clean them that way you can save all the little bones in the nasel area . Call around in your area to all the real taxidermist that have studios and ask if they clean with beetles and make sure they soak the skull in thier whitening solution, not paint it on the skull.Price should be under a C note for that service. patriot

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote