THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Anyone care to comment on this video?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone care to comment on this video?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
Dangerous boar charge, shooters threw safety out the window.

I know it's a tough call, but I think that the one guy was in danger of being hit by a bullet. Looked like he took a hit at first.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of raybass
posted Hide Post
Bad situation for sure. Yeah I have to agree with you. Someone could have easily been killed there. Thank god the boar took all the hits. thumbdown

Straight shootin to ya

Posts: 531 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of splinterhands
posted Hide Post
WOW!! I would be finding new hunting partners, quick. The angle of filming may have made it look closer than it was, but I would rather take my chance with the boar than a bullet. Luckily the guy with the rifle fell down the hill before he fired up toward his buddy.
That whole thing is just goofy. shame

"I'm smiling because they haven't found the bodies."

Posts: 1081 | Location: Pearisburg Virginia | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
My goodness what a bunch of freaks.

Those guys were lucky to be sure.

Looks like they were pushing the envelope. But I don't think they actually crossfired. But they could have easily been hit with fragments or ricochets.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I got to work--was it last week?--my (gunsmith) boss showed me this on his box.

Turned out the action was fairly near here. (Central California.)

If I remember correctly, the boar had already taken multiple hits before the tape begins.

And, I believe, took multiple hits after the tape ends.

Typical California scrub terrain.

And a very mean old boar.

flaco

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
That video was batted around here on one of the forums a while back.

Unfortunately things can go very wrong really quickly. Sometimes people get excited and don't keep safety as the highest priority.

It's easy for us to sit by the keyboard and proclaim what was done incorrectly, but it's more important for us to learn from it and do it right if we're ever in a similar situation.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bet stocks for Jockey and MD bathroom tissue rose significantly after this escapade.
That was a nasty charge by the boar! A real "creme 'yer jeans" situation. DAMN!!!
These wild boars are something to reacon with.
They are so prevelent, and a pest in Sweden now.
I watch my step for these bastards. Figure, everyones a mean one.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyler Hamann:
That video was batted around here on one of the forums a while back.

I'm sorry about that. I didn't know if it had been shown or not. I don't like to repeat stuff.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
The guy in the rear, the one who fell down the hill, did not react very well. It looked like he wasted a second or two fumbling with the gun and trying to figure out what to do - and then did nothing. I would say that they are very lucky that nobody was shot. I would be finding some new hunting partners for sure.

cwilson

A well requlated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed - 2nd Amendment U.S. Constitution

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's where it was posted before--

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1621043/m/521100115

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would rather hunt with Dick Cheney than these guys. What morons!

One of Us
Picture of splinterhands
posted Hide Post
This one really interested me and I watched it in slow mo and freeze frame several times. If you look toward the end of the film, the guy at the bottom, after taking a tumble, raised his rifle and attempted to pull the trigger while the trigger was pointed toward the other two. The only thing stopping him was taking another roll down the hill.

I agree this should be a lesson to us all. The closest I ever came to that was on a canned pheasant hunt near Nemacolin, Pa. One of the guys hunting with us was swinging the shotgun toward our heads, his only focus was the bird. My wife and I both quickly pointed out to him what he was doing and he quit.

Ironically, this was only days before the Dick Chaney redneck assassation attempt.

Posts: 1081 | Location: Pearisburg Virginia | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of splinterhands
posted Hide Post
There is a video on this website (in the video section) of a lion charging a hunting party. If you haven't saw it, be sure to watch it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Was sitting at the bench on the 100-yd line at our local range, which has a trap field adjacent. Young teen lad, about 15 was on the line. His semi-auto jammed, and as he was yanking and pulling on it he pivoted around calling for dad and I was looking down a 12-ga bore. I got a bit irate with him and dad took it from there. Young lad learned a bit at his hindside's expense. Probably the best thing about the incident (aside from not catching a load of 7 1/2s at about 20 yds) was the fact dad didn't try to make any excuses, but lit into the kid good.

I think a public range attracts gun morons like s*** draws flies---

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"