posted Hide Post
I voted YES.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I'd love to hunt wolves in Montana. I too voted yes.

Posts: 3870 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also voted yes however, once they start shooting wolves in Idaho and Montana they will head into my home state of Wyoming. killpc

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only way to control Canis lupus is to hunt them & reinstall the fear of man in them .I trained as a wildlife biologist so I want all species managed by hunters not tree huggers & politicians!We have a grandson living in MT who has seen wolves and has friends whose parents and relatives are losing sheep to wolves,he's seen,bears & mule deer in his neighborhood,found areas where mtn lions have been bringing their prey, lots of deer skeltons.He sees elk,etc

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
don't forget us washingtonians! we have the damned things, too! the paper i work for just printed an article about a breading pair with 3-5 cubs...

http://inlander.com/content/ne...es_return_washington

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
I also voted yes.

73% yes
25% no

quote:
I also voted yes however, once they start shooting wolves in Idaho and Montana they will head into my home state of Wyoming.

Steve, Every one we shoot in Montana will never bother you in Wyoming. clap

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scr83jp:
The only way to control Canis lupus is to hunt them & reinstall the fear of man in them .I trained as a wildlife biologist so I want all species managed by hunters not tree huggers & politicians!

I also am a trained WB so I do agree that we should be hunting wolves. But I really doubt that gun hunters will effectively control wolf populations in Montana or Idaho. Trappers would have a better chance.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I only voted "yes" because there was no, "Hell Yesssss"!

The feds have been whacking them pretty good here, actually better success rate than hunters can accomplish. Big Grin

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
or the sprinkling of parvo bactrea around the den sites, wait isn't that what happened to the pup crop in yellowstone last year? Wink

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
voted yes---- and will be one of the first in line for a guided wolf hunt should they be put on license!

Posts: 5704 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was born and raised in NW MT and live there now. The old timers got rid of the wolves for a reason. they don't get along well with humans how can you expect natures best killers to pass up on cattle and sheep? lots of meat and they don't run fast. the bunny huggers told every one that wolvs will only kill the sick and the week and will stay away from live stock. BS!!!! the white tail and mule deer in the NW part of the state have been devastated by the wolves with the help of plenty of lions and coyotes. I have personally seen wolves run down healthy white tail bucks in relays they are damn good at it. needless to say I voted yes.

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:
quote:
Originally posted by scr83jp:
The only way to control Canis lupus is to hunt them & reinstall the fear of man in them .I trained as a wildlife biologist so I want all species managed by hunters not tree huggers & politicians!

I also am a trained WB so I do agree that we should be hunting wolves. But I really doubt that gun hunters will effectively control wolf populations in Montana or Idaho. Trappers would have a better chance.

465H&H
Trapping does work but out here in lala land traps are evil just like hunters also

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
I voted yes because I have seen the result of Wolves preying on livestock and game in several States. What the Wolves have done in and around Yellowstone is an outright shame. I would like to see some of these Hollywood types try and make a living ranching stock. They would be the first to cry "Wolf!"
LDK

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6805 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I can't get the article to pull up, but if I could I would vote yes also.

Too many folks were raised on Disney and Marty Stouffer, and they have passed those mis-guided and ill informed concepts on to their children and grandchildren.

They have no real concept of wildlife management or nature.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
I voted YES!!!!

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just voted yes. 74% yes, 24% no, 2% need more info.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Another YES, i'll have a tag for sure jumping

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for voting guys!!! thumb
We have a LARGE segment of our society that is SICK; they value wolves over infant Elk, Moose and Deer calves, and domestic cattle, all getting slaughtered by Wolves. In fact, it incenses me to think that some human beings actually adore wolves.. Unbelievable...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I adore wolves they are great tanned and hanging off the back of the sofa

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i too voted yes, but i don't think these internet polls mean anything. at most, they just give the politicians and activist a short-sighted look at what some folks think. polls that reflect the success or failure of an elected politician are another thing.

Posts: 678 | Location: lived all over | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wetdog2084:
I adore wolves they are great tanned and hanging off the back of the sofa
Their hides also make good trimming for arctic parkas that we had in the USAF.

one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RVL III:
Just voted yes. 74% yes, 24% no, 2% need more info.

Now 78 / 21 / 1

0351 USMC

Posts: 1532 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
or the sprinkling of parvo bactrea around the den sites, wait isn't that what happened to the pup crop in yellowstone last year? Wink

That is brilliant! I never heard that story before. "Parvo" is actually a virus, parvovirus to be exact.

I don't know much about with regards to canines, but in humans we were taught to recognize the "slapped-cheeks" rash in children found in a condition named "fifth disease" which is caused by a parvovirus. The parvovirus in humans is the B19 and can be passed through feces. The CDC reports about 50% of all adults have been infected sometime during childhood or adolescence.

Parvoviri are said to exist in the environment for 5 to 7 months. The canine parvovirus cannot be transmitted to humans, so find a sick dog and some ziplock bags and get to work!

Hmmmmm... sounds like an effective eradication method to me!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We had a large black wolf in town this morning at 430, he has a broken leg. poor thing to suffer like that. rarely see wolves unless they are hungry..

robbie

Posts: 326 | Location: Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just voted yes

78% Yes

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote