Notify
Tools

Take any 3 Guns
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted
Cool

OK everyone imagine this your house is on fire and you can only cary out 3 guns eek2

What would you take Confused It has to be what you already have, not some guns that you wish you have.

I would take my Winchester Model 70 in 300 win mag, good for anything in North America that bleeds, my Browning Gold in 12 Gauge for birds and rabbits and my stainless 686-7 S&W 357 for 2 leg problem animals.

Tough choices, I really want to add a 22 to the list but I am thinking survival and utility.

Tell me what you think
Honkey

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I'd take my pair of 300 Win. Mags. and my 416 Rem. Mag. -- plus I'd shove my favorite 1911 45 ACP in its holster and head for the door........

AD

One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
I'd make sure the dogs were out and wouldn't worry about my guns because I'm insured for replacement cost for contents.

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Skinner, good point

but Honkey has a geat list.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cobra
posted Hide Post
The three that I currently use the most. Remington 7600 synthetic carbine in 30-06, Savage Sierra in 7mm-08 and a Savage stainless in 338 WM. Push come to shove and I could only grab one, the Remington 7600.

Posts: 8827 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
quote:
but Honkey has a geat list.

And with replacement cost for 'all' of my contents I'd soon have a greater list Big Grin

Leave the guns they are replaceable, take your pictures and personal family stuff.

My friends who've lost homes in wildfires, and I know a bunch of em', all wished they'd saved their pics.

Scan em', put em' on CD's and into a safe deposit box at the bank. Same thing with pics of your goodies.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I'd even think about anything but my kids and wife if my house was on fire.

In the event that they were already out, I'd be able to get a lot more than 3 out the door. My safe is 12 feet from the front door, I'd grab 3 barrels in each hand! They may get a little dinged but hey, they're all there together and I can tote a lot more than 3.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
That's easy... I only own three guns. Ah, sweet simplicity Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
My father's old Remington 22 he taught me to shoot with, my grandfather's LC Smith 12 gauge I shot my first quail with, and a worn Rem 870 my wife bought me as a wedding present. Everything else in the entire gun safe is disposable and can be replaced!

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Besides the practial stuff most of the guys have mentioned and in the spirit of the question they would be.

The Searcy 500 NE (with optional 12 ga. barrels)
The Ruger RSM in 458 Lott
The Winchester M70 375 H&H (the newer one)

As you can see I tend to be a big bore kinda guy.

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had to pack up the car in the fires here 2 years ago - pictures, deeds, etc were first but I took the rifle and shotgun inherited from each Grandfather - then Ruger 7mm Rem Mag, Citori 12 GA, Ruger 10/22 Rifle version.

Posts: 299 | Location: California | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd take my customs that took a while to get done.........the rest are as another pposter said insured.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd take my Marlin guide gun in 45-70 , Winchester Model 70 in 375 H&H , and my Colt Anaconda in 44 magnum.

Posts: 116 | Location: NEW JERSEY | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would take my Model 70 Winchester in .270 WSM with a 4.5 X 14 Ziess Conquest scope, my Browning Citori in 12 guage 31/2 inch and all chokes, and my .358 STA Model 70 Winchester with 4.5 X 14 Leupold Vari X lll scope. WOW, I would miss those I left behind, but would feel well prepared for anything that came my way. thumb Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2362 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since my guns are in a fire proof safe, I just take my insurance papers, that should have been in the safe depost box, along with my passport. My main thing would be to get out alive. Most people who die in house fires, die not from being burned but from smoke enhalation. While I own a few really good guns, none of them is worth my life. Now with my check book, I can just about replace anything I currently own.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
9.3x62mm full-stock
375 H&H custom CZ
416 Rigby custom GMA

I'm not counting the Glock .45 ACP G36 because I would be wearing that.

Posts: 515 | Location: AZ | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
.500 NE Merkel
.416 Remington Mag
H&K USP compact in .40 S&W (so I can shoot anyone trying to steal stuff while my home burns..)

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
I have one of those cheap 8 gun safes you get from Wally World for about $80. Rather than opening it and taking 3 guns I would pick it up and RUN.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd grab my three Ruger M77's - they cover the whole spectrum of my hunting needs anywhere...

M77/RSI in .243 Win

All-Weather 30-06 M77/MkII

RSM M77/MkII in .375 H&H

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two wby's 240&257 along with a Virginia style .62cal. smoothbore flintlock I just made.

one of us
posted Hide Post
After I made sure my wife, Rottweilers and Persians were out and safe, THEN, I would grab my original P-64 Mod. 70 Alaskan in .338, my Dakota 76 in .338 and my Merkel drilling in 12-12x9.3-74R and my GP-100 would go in my waistband. I would lose a LOT of fine guns, ie. a "roundbolt" Brno 21H, an unfired Browning BSS-SL 20 bore-28" bbls, a very rare Miroku-Browning combo gun in 12-.308 and a pile of other gems....geezuz, what a freakin' morbid post.....but a thought provoking one!

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
I'd grab my custom stocked 300 wby, My dad's Charles Daly 12 guage U/O, And my wife's custom stocked .270,(If she's home she can grab it herself) plus my ruger 45 LC in my pants.

Riodot

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Pre 64 Model 70 in .300 H&H 3x9 leupold, Browning 20 ga Citori, Ruger 3 screw .357 4 5/8 barrel. And if you weren't looking I would grab a few more, but I would make the wife gets her 3 and each of the dogs gets their 3 as well

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
My custom handmade .300 winmag and my .44 Ruger SRH are the two that I would grab first ... aside from that I'd grab my Scottish Claymore and my bagpipes.

That would fill up my hands.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
Yikes!!! What a horrible thought Frowner

I'd grab my 1903 Springfield .338WM, my Fn-FAL and my Superposed 20ga. And then sit in my front yard and cry.

It is not enough to fight for natural land and the west; it is even more important to enjoy it...So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends...

- Edward Abbey

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
45-70 guide gun
30-06 rem pump
416 rigby

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I say let it BURN grab the wife and kids then if I remember I would grab the only three guns that I leave in the house a Ruger .223 Ruger 10-22 and my .357 revolver the rest of my guns are locked in the fireproof safe in a out building that I refer to as my guys room. clap

Posts: 182 | Location: Bandon Oregon | Registered: 03 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, since my house has burned....I was at the lake camping. God bless my wife who said, "ya know honey, you aught to put the guns in the work work shop, the Rot and Standard Poodle (thought he was a Rot) will keep the buggers out of the shop". I didn't loose a thing....however, my kids were upset about loosing most of theirs....Today, first things first, the wife, the airdale then the black powder and rifle powder would have to go out the window, then if time permits....the 35 Whelen & 06, both on 1917 actions and the 45 officers model.

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote