Find
Notify
Tools

My sons Oklahoma Whitetail
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
This post will start with a thanks to AR member Graybird for letting me bring my son down to his families hunting and farm ground to hunt the last 3 years. In the 2 years past my son has been fortunate enough to harvest a Buck and a doe each year. This year he filled his Buck and 2 doe tags on opening day making 3 one shot kills with his .257 Roberts and 100 grain Sierra handloads. Shot was 160 yards on the Buck and 100 and 135 on the antlerless.
Here are a couple pictures of a happy kid and his Buck. Cody is 11 years old and practices diligently with his .257 to be ready for this hunt. He has been very lucky to take 3 antlered Bucks and 4 antlerless deer in the last 3 years.
He gets to hunt Elk this coming year on his birthday, (must be 12 to hunt big game in Colorado) and he is practicing with his .280 for that.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man that is just outstanding. Congrats on a successful hunt and raising a great kid. I am sure the time he spends in the woods with you tops anything else he does. Simply fantastic

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Congrats all the way around, including Graybird for his generosity. As to those photos: priceless!!!

Tell him to keep up the diligent practice and the great shooting.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent !
Please tell him congratulations.

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 444 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man my daughter and I had a great time hunting again with you and your boy as well as graybird again. Tell him great job but my daughter says her deer is bigger! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wayyy Coool!!!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to son and dad!

And hat's off to Greybird you all's host!

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Congrats Snell

That youngster is going to be pulling my old ass up mountains soon

Love it!!

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Always great to see kids in the outdoors! Well done!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please offer that young man a hearty WELL DONE! from the Chief.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lucky Lii buggar
I had to wait till I was 14
He's got the eye tu2

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the cow hunt in January. Case was disappointed he didn't get to play with Cody this week. Maybe we should take them with us for the antelope hunt in a few weeks!

Congrats again, Cody! Sorry I missed out hunting with you this year, but look forward to being with you on the elk hunt.

Nice job!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Awesome! My first deer rifle was a .257 Roberts but, was never that successful with it!

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to hear about a dead elk with that custom Pre 64 M70 .280 I sold him. He looks like he has finally grown into it. I wish I cold be there for the hunt to help pack out his first elk, unfortunately work is getting in the way but maybe next season I'll haul a mule deer or elk out for him.

Tell him I miss the old haircut!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You`r bringing up that boy right.!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you both!!!

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I'm super proud of this little guy! I'm looking forward to him taking my boys hunting with him in the very near future!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPK:
Congrats to son and dad!

And hat's off to Greybird you all's host!

JPK

Great stuff all the way around, for sure. Congrats to you all. Love the pics.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Great job, dad! Raising him right.

Nice buck too!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great story! Graybird is a more than generous guy. He has helped me out before on another item. Great guy.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Good stuff Mr. Snellstrom, good stuff indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote