New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bushnell to Acquire Primos
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Wow, I just got a PR that said Bushnell is buying Primos. That is a pretty huge deal, in that it really moves them into areas outside of optics.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only problem I see is bushnell will most likely gut the product line. They have in the past. Hopefully it will be different as the companies they have bought offered competing products. But I know for fact stoney point and millet had a bunch of products cut from their lines. Uncle mikes products were reduced somewhat and all production went to china. If you want quality products, swivels anyways, and more variety like uncle mikes used to offer checkout Grovtec. They were started by a group of former Uncle mikes employees.

Here is a complete list of Bushnell held companies.

Bushnell

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You are right, they do rationalize their products. In the case of Stoney Point, I think they sold a lot of that to Hornady.

A lot of Uncle Mike's stuff was moved to the Butler Creek line. Why they did that, I have no idea. I like Uncle Mike's leather shooting slings; I thought they were discontinued, but they were moved to Butler Creek.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the list Mike. There are a couple of companies on the list I didn't know Bushnell owned. A couple of more companies who's products I will no longer purchase.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
Will and the gang must have cashed in to do more hunting. Innovation is unlikely to continue with cool calls, etc.

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It will be great to see their stuff in the outlet store. I live within half a mile of the headquarters and the outlet store. They have some good deals in there like refurb products. You can buy the quarts of Hoppe's 69 for $5.

I think they probably wanted Primos more for the trigger stick type stuff and the Double Bull blinds than the calls, which they will probably sell off.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote