New
Find
Notify
Tools

Giant Kansas Whitetail Pic
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I normally don't share trail cam pics but this deer was killed a couple days before Thanksgiving by a very lucky local bow hunter. We watched this deer last year and he showed up again up this year with some tremendous growth in one year. We were hoping we could kill him in the rifle season but the good ole rut had him covering lots of country. This deer was killed 12-14 miles away from these pics. The pic on the left is of him in 2012 and the one on the right is from just a few days ago. The hunter had never seen him before. Makes me sad we didn't get a chance at him rifle season but congrats to the hunter, better him than a car. He is rumored to score 240.

--------------------
Jeremy Gugelmeyer
www.sagebrushhunts.com

Posts: 664 | Location: TX/KS | Registered: 06 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
WOW! That is quite a buck!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Huge Deer! A buck to be proud of to say the least.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful animal.

Posts: 520 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a buck! tu2

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Wow what a Buck!
His spare points have points!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
WOW

Not a single one of those thin stickers are broke

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Wow is right! His antler growth exploded in all directions.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture of a really nice whitetail I took with Jeremy a few years ago. He had shown up the prior year at the same camera site, I believe.

Early on the morning that I took the below deer, I saw a 10 point chasing a doe towards us. We had already seen the big one while glassing (about 1/2 mile away... he had chased a hot doe down into a draw and wasn't visible at the moment). I was pretty impressed with bird-in-the-hand, oncoming deer. Over 20" inside spread and perfect symmetry. I pointed it out to Jeremy's brother. He swung his spotting scope over to it and then back to the one below, dismissing the buck now only 150 yards away with a casual, "160 class... short G2's)."

Yep... they have some amazing whitetails at Jeremy's. Great and dedicated folks are the whole family.

The score of the buck was 187 1/2" even with the broken brown time. Mass measurement was in excess of 48", if I remember correctly.

BTW, the left horn isn't broken, just bent down, apparently from an injury in the velvet.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7710 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Really impressive bucks.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG,
That buck is one of kind! I will never forget him!

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Saw that buck a couple weeks ago floating around various forums, sick you didn't get a chance at him!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greg that deer was a true freak! It makes me sick but the guy that was lucky enough to get him is a good guy and knows what he got so that helps ease the pain some!