Tools

What is up with TEXAS hunting?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow,

four minutes and a lame reply, maybe you ain't so quick. LOL

perhaps I was wrong.......

could you be Big Mortie's smarter brother....

You' start talkin' bout Squills and it's a dead give-away

Just sayin'

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lets see,

If dis' be a leap year, den' if I are ke-rect, that be 366 days.

If'n I pay $1,800 per year for a trespass lease where I can come and go 24/7/366, and nobody pays me no never-mind,

can take legal limits of indigenous species,

how much/how many of non-indigenous species my lil' ol' heart desires,

then if'n my cipherin' is right, that be $4.91803279 per day,

that be less than a pack of Sport cigs per day.

And If I was figure out how to delay gratificaton, I might just figure that's DG is worth $150 a fortnight.

Just think of the symptoms of SDD (shooting deficit disorder) I could assuage by killin' critters on a monthly basis.

Heck If'n I smoked Cowboy Killers I could cut that out and afford a high dollar lease and a nice rifle or two

All that DIY fun for less than a pack a smokes a day trespass fee.

Just think what I could have done if I'd be a two-packer.

Tu Sabe, KemoSabe.

But then again..........

some folks just ain't right.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
What a bizarre individual. Considering the vast experience on this forum, if you weren't such an obnoxious tool, you might have gotten some good recommendations.

I had a couple of good draw hunt recommendations for you, but the more I read, the less you deserved them. South Texas is full of wonderful, gracious people. If you weren't so damn unpleasant, you'd find a place to hunt by getting to know the people around you.

Best of luck.

Dave

Posts: 927 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A7Dave:
What a bizarre individual. Considering the vast experience on this forum, if you weren't such an obnoxious tool, you might have gotten some good recommendations.

I had a couple of good draw hunt recommendations for you, but the more I read, the less you deserved them. South Texas is full of wonderful, gracious people. If you weren't so damn unpleasant, you'd find a place to hunt by getting to know the people around you.

Best of luck.

Dave,

I don't want charity. I was looking for PUBLIC hunting opportunities, not clean-my-pig-sty-and-you-can-hunt-my-daddy's-land opportunities.

When I discovered how few public hunting opportunities tangibly exist in Texas, because of the almost non-existent public land, it surprised me.

Is all the hunting land in Alaska privately owned? Do you get an oil check every year as a citizen of the State of Alaska?

Now don't get mad and start hurling names because I asked some difficult questions - I'm just asking...

For whatever it is worth, based on the vitriol my observations have generated, and the hyper-sensitivity when some folks got a dose of their own meds back, I can't think of any place in Texas I want to hunt. nor accept an invitation to hunt! And I am being completely sincere, not mean.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Hell | Registered: 22 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quick Karl:
Do you get an oil check every year as a citizen of the State of Alaska?

Now don't get mad and start hurling names because I asked some difficult questions - I'm just asking...

And I am being completely sincere, not mean.

stir

IMHO,

you're only here to stir mortar with a fork, and you know what that makes one.

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:
Lets see,

If dis' be a leap year, den' if I are ke-rect, that be 366 days.

If'n I pay $1,800 per year for a trespass lease where I can come and go 24/7/366, and nobody pays me no never-mind,

can take legal limits of indigenous species,

how much/how many of non-indigenous species my lil' ol' heart desires,

then if'n my cipherin' is right, that be $4.91803279 per day,

that be less than a pack of Sport cigs per day.

And If I was figure out how to delay gratificaton, I might just figure that's DG is worth $150 a fortnight.

Just think of the symptoms of SDD (shooting deficit disorder) I could assuage by killin' critters on a monthly basis.

Heck If'n I smoked Cowboy Killers I could cut that out and afford a high dollar lease and a nice rifle or two

All that DIY fun for less than a pack a smokes a day trespass fee.

Just think what I could have done if I'd be a two-packer.

Tu Sabe, KemoSabe.

But then again..........

some folks just ain't right.

GWB

Wow, nice animals! That is a great deal on some great hunting!

I spend a lot of time working in Texas. I have only hunted doves (which was great). I would love to find a lease like that!

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason,
In all candor, those critters came off two low fence/no fence hill country ranches where I had a trespass leases. My current lease has gone from $1,600 to $1,800 in the last 10 years. I was on two leases during part of this time and the second, the trespass fee was actually $1,500 per year which, works out to $4.10677618 a day, give or take a few decimal places, considering a divisor of 365.25 days per year.

Some thoughts.

1. We are all subject to limitations. I would love to go to Africa and take the "big five", but I'm unwilling to do what it takes monetarily to do so. If one wants to hunt in Texas he can, subject to limitations.

2. Wonder if QK owned a really nice auto, say a brand-spankin' new King Ranch Ford F-350 that he owned outright, bought and paid for with his hard earned dollars. Wonder if he'd be willing to hand me the keys without nary' a concern of who, what, when or where, to take it and do with as I pleased. I know I wouldn't

3. I think you will have a hard time finding a post where I say/have said anything negative about another person that posts on these forums in almost 15 years of posting, but IMHO guys like Quick Karl are not here to edify or make positive contributions, they just want to stir schitt.

Quien Sabe?

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's mine is mine after I buy it (unless the gov't takes it away). I already give 40% of my hard earned dollars right off the top to beggars like QK.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To take GWBs point a little further, My Dodge truck is not public property. If you want public transportation, you need to go somewhere that has it, not just complain about it not being fair that it doesn't exist where you are, or want to impose a tax on those that DON'T use it. You either need to buy your own truck, or move somewhere that has public transportation.

My land is the same way. It is not public, but I may lend it out as I see fit. I am not obligated to just because someone else thinks it is unfair.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Y'all remind me of the people that used to believe that owning black humans was OK, because you bought them...

I never once suggested that any of you idiot hicks should throw the gates of your property open for the public to just come dancing in, but you would have to have viable reading skill to comprehend what this post was ever about.

Nevertheless, I thank God that I do not have people like you in my circle of friends - and if a neighbor like one of y'all invited me to hunt his daddy's spread, I would thank him and tell him that I am not a hunter, because I would rather give up my guns and move to CA, NY, or NJ, than have friends like you.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
bsflag donttroll

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cool. Then just move on! You certainly don't need to post with the likes of us. I am happy to be outside the circle.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Y'all remind me of the people that used to believe that owning black humans was OK, because you bought them...

I never once suggested that any of you idiot hicks should throw the gates of your property open for the public to just come dancing in, but you would have to have viable reading skill to comprehend what this post was ever about.

Nevertheless, I thank God that I do not have people like you in my circle of friends - and if a neighbor like one of y'all invited me to hunt his daddy's spread, I would thank him and tell him that I am not a hunter, because I would rather give up my guns and move to CA, NY, or NJ, than have friends like you.

Don`t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!! cuckoo

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
Cool. Then just move on! You certainly don't need to post with the likes of us. I am happy to be outside the circle.

I'm sure with QK's attitude his circle friends with huntable land or a public hunting plan is quite small and/or shrinking.

To listen to QK talk one might think he wouldn't mind if he had "more" as long as the US Government would give him "more"

How old are you QK?

I'm betting sub 33

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
".....Circle of friends...." ROFLMAO that's not a circle of friends, it's a daisy chain.
Typical libtard. expects something for nothing and wants part of what others have worked for without working for it. And, of course, a constant whiner.
Too bad you can't vote for Obama again, I'm sure he'd promise you the right to hunt on any privately owned land. I guess Hillary is your next choice.
Why hasn't Saeed shut this clown down?

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
Damn fascinating thread with many of my favorite people posting. Just read the whole thing and enjoyed it. Carry on gentlemen.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
As someone that was born and raised in Texas, I have seen the change that has taken place over the decades concerning hunting/fishing access and I have also been affected by those changes.

While I feel bad about those changes and how they have personally affected me and others, I can not/will not blame land owners for the situation.

No Landowner in Texas has EVER, FORCED anyone to pay for something those individuals did not WANT to pay for! It is really a simple concept for anyone with an open mind to understand.

Hunters/Fishermen were the ones that started the LEASING System, not landowners. Landowners did embrace the system quickly, but why shouldn't they, it is part of the Free Enterprise System!

I own all of 5 acres, but you can damn well bet that if that piece of land bordered a lake or grain fields, while I would willing let family and close friends hunt doves/ducks or fish from that property, the average person that I do not know would have to pay for that privilege.

One facet of the whole concept that the inexperienced do not understand, is that both hunters/fishermen, will and do compete with each other for access to good properties via their pocketbook.

No one is forced to participate in the system, and landowners have every right to charge for the ability to access their properties.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
So far nearly every thread this "Queek Carl" jumps in on turns out this way. He is an out and out Troll of the first order.
His comments and demeanor are nearly identical to a Troll who was on here a couple years ago, wish I could recall his name even though he changed it a few times.
Anyway you guys all got suckered by this Troll!
If you see him post again ignoring may be the path to sanity....

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
As someone that was born and raised in Texas, I have seen the change that has taken place over the decades concerning hunting/fishing access and I have also been affected by those changes.

While I feel bad about those changes and how they have personally affected me and others, I can not/will not blame land owners for the situation.

No Landowner in Texas has EVER, FORCED anyone to pay for something those individuals did not WANT to pay for! It is really a simple concept for anyone with an open mind to understand.

Hunters/Fishermen were the ones that started the LEASING System, not landowners. Landowners did embrace the system quickly, but why shouldn't they, it is part of the Free Enterprise System!

I own all of 5 acres, but you can damn well bet that if that piece of land bordered a lake or grain fields, while I would willing let family and close friends hunt doves/ducks or fish from that property, the average person that I do not know would have to pay for that privilege.

One facet of the whole concept that the inexperienced do not understand, is that both hunters/fishermen, will and do compete with each other for access to good properties via their pocketbook.

No one is forced to participate in the system, and landowners have every right to charge for the ability to access their properties.

Excuse me.

I never once suggested that any private land owner should be forced to open their land to hunting to the general public for free.

Not once.

But the fact that y'all keep harping on it, and directly or indirectly continue to accuse me of it, says more about you, than it does about me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
quote:

I'm sure with QK's attitude his circle friends with huntable land or a public hunting plan is quite small and/or shrinking.

To listen to QK talk one might think he wouldn't mind if he had "more" as long as the US Government would give him "more"

How old are you QK?

I'm betting sub 33

I feel sorry for your kids.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
If you see him post again ignoring may be the path to sanity....

If illiterates like you and your friends would put me on ignore, so that I could have rational dialogues with reasonable intelligent people, I would consider it an honor.

Please, do it. The sooner the better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
".....Circle of friends...." ROFLMAO that's not a circle of friends, it's a daisy chain.
Typical libtard. expects something for nothing and wants part of what others have worked for without working for it. And, of course, a constant whiner.
Too bad you can't vote for Obama again, I'm sure he'd promise you the right to hunt on any privately owned land. I guess Hillary is your next choice.
Why hasn't Saeed shut this clown down?

I've voted republican in every election since I was 18-years old.

Your words illustrate your abject stupidity.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Excuse me.

Your the one that has been PM'ing me, and I have been being as civil as is possible for me.

You have been complaining about the way things are in Texas, and everyone has been trying to be reasonable, including me, and I am one of the least reasonable people on this planet.

Things in Texas are the way they are and are not going to change. No one is forced to like it or participate. There are Public Hunting opportunities available in Texas if a person is willing to take the time/trouble/effort to check into them.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Excuse me.

Your the one that has been PM'ing me, and I have been being as civil as is possible for me.

You have been complaining about the way things are in Texas, and everyone has been trying to be reasonable, including me, and I am one of the least reasonable people on this planet.

Things in Texas are the way they are and are not going to change. No one is forced to like it or participate. There are Public Hunting opportunities available in Texas if a person is willing to take the time/trouble/effort to check into them.

To be fair - I PM'd you to encourage you not to let some other forum user get under your skin, that I thought was getting under your skin - isn't that correct? I still have the original PM if you would like for me to paste a copy to refresh your memory.

In the beginning of this thread, Stonecreek posted a great synopsis on how so much land wound up in private hands in Texas, and a few other reasonable, decent folks, posted information for drawn hunts. But the idiot gallery here, has to keep proving what people from all over the country say about lots of folks from Texas -- that they are idjits. And While I always endeavor to respect all people, whether they vote like me or not, I have a low tolerance for intentional stupidity.

Lastly - to the blistering moron that accuse me of being a liberal Obama voter because I refuse to act like a hillbilly inbreed -- I vote republican because the GOP is supposed to be the party of The Constitution - NOT because I am a fat racists hick that dropped out of high school and molests my daughters before church on Sunday.

Giddyap now, hombres!

One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am one of the least reasonable people on this planet.

He is being incredibly reasonable. I've seen him go full Crazyhorse for much less.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

rotflmo

An oldie but illustrative:

This Texas land owner gets stopped by a cop on the highway. The cop strolls up and tells the fellow he stopped him for speeding. While writing the driver a ticket, flies keep buzzing around the officer, and he swats at them. Being a city guy he's not used to this. The cop stammers. Damn, Texas flies. The driver remarks them's circle flies. Those kind of flies are usually found in a stable buzzing around horses asses. The cop gets hot and says "are you calling me an asshole"? The driver says, no sir, I'd never do that, I'm just making an observation, but it is kinda hard to fool those flies.

Well, JMHO, every poster here has had the chance to observe and measure your timbre beginning with your initial post in this forum.

One never gets a second chance to make a first impression.

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I can say to y'all is if you are looking for someone to pipe down and go sit in the corner when you say something asinine you better go talk to your wife, and not me.

I am reasonable and respectful to folks that deserve it, and I am not to those that do not.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

rotflmo

An oldie but illustrative:

This Texas land owner gets stopped by a cop on the highway. The cop strolls up and tells the fellow he stopped him for speeding. While writing the driver a ticket, flies keep buzzing around the officer, and he swats at them. Being a city guy he's not used to this. The cop stammers. Damn, Texas flies. The driver remarks them's circle flies. Those kind of flies are usually found in a stable buzzing around horses asses. The cop gets hot and says "are you calling me an asshole"? The driver says, no sir, I'd never do that, I'm just making an observation, but it is kinda hard to fool those flies.

Well, JMHO, every poster here has had the chance to observe and measure your timbre beginning with your initial post in this forum.

One never gets a second chance to make a first impression.

GWB

Lemme get this straight - you actually wake up in the morning thinking people owe you some homage, just because you live in Texas?

You're a moron.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is it with you guys? Is it the Native American Proverb in my signature line that just burns your racists asses up?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am reasonable and respectful to folks that deserve it, and I am not to those that do not.

well then.....

“Lay on, Macduff, and damned be him who first cries ‘Hold! enough!’”

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is it with you guys? Is it the Native American Proverb in my signature line that just burns your racists asses up?

Nah'

reminds me of something you would hear in a "Greenie-Weenie" revisionist flick about the noble red man.

jumping

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Nah'

reminds me of something you would hear in a "Greenie-Weenie" revisionist flick about the noble red man.

jumping

GWB

Lots of other folks been being just plain assholes, but you are the flat-out stupidest moron I have ever run across on any internet forum, anywhere.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Qk,

I think more approriate declinsion would be the initials DH. jumping

Schmuck versus putz

Schmuck is a name for someone who is mean, foolish, or inept. Synonyms include jerk and idiot. There is a pejorative connotation to the term. The plural is schmucks.

Putz is even less formal than schmuck. Putz can be either a noun or a verb. As a noun it describes a person as foolish or without value, usually someone who does not contribute to society or a family. The plural is putzes.

As a verb, it is the action of doing things that are time consuming without being worthwhile. In other words, activities that a putz would do.

Even though they don’t seem similar, putz and schmuck share the same meaning in Yiddish. Schmuck comes from shmok meaning penis. And putz comes from putz, which is another word for penis.

These terms are informal and could even be called slang. They should not be used in formal writing.

So, if the foo schitz.......

informally yours,

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lots of other folks been being just plain assholes, but you are the flat-out stupidest moron I have ever run across on any internet forum, anywhere.

Well hitch up yo' suspenders, cause you ain't seen nuthin' yet. LOL

Ya'

GWB

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
quote:

How old are you QK?

I'm betting sub 33

I feel sorry for your kids.

They are many things.....my two sons.....but they definitely have no sense of entitlement as you seem to have

My youngest (25) has been and is a small business owner since 2010.......do you "want/need" employment.....he offers healthcare and a 410K but no hunting land

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Qk,

I think more approriate declinsion would be the initials DH. jumping

Schmuck versus putz

Schmuck is a name for someone who is mean, foolish, or inept. Synonyms include jerk and idiot. There is a pejorative connotation to the term. The plural is schmucks.

Putz is even less formal than schmuck. Putz can be either a noun or a verb. As a noun it describes a person as foolish or without value, usually someone who does not contribute to society or a family. The plural is putzes.

As a verb, it is the action of doing things that are time consuming without being worthwhile. In other words, activities that a putz would do.

Even though they don’t seem similar, putz and schmuck share the same meaning in Yiddish. Schmuck comes from shmok meaning penis. And putz comes from putz, which is another word for penis.

These terms are informal and could even be called slang. They should not be used in formal writing.

So, if the foo schitz.......

informally yours,

GWB

GWB,I think you just schlonged Queer Karl. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like all of the rest of you, your "native American" proverb is bullshit. I lived in OK for 15 years and knew all sorts and brands of Indians (that's what Indians call each other when there's no white men around)and if any of them had expressed any crap like that, they'd have their Indian card pulled and their head shaved.
tell me something, are you still living in your Mother's basement? How's that working out? Obviously she lets you use her computer. I hope you erase all of your entries when you're done so she can't see what a rude, nasty little boy you are.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

If we didn't constantly respond to him, this would never have gotten to 4 pages. Just food for thought.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go to the bank, borrow some money, and buy a ranch. Then post your address here and let anybody who drives by shoot your game.

You'll be a hit with your fellow peons...

You really have a highly developed sense of entitlement to other people's property.

Can I borrow your truck some spring? I'm sure you wouldn't mind sharing with a peon...

Posts: 14 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 February 2016Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm a dry land farmer from West Texas. The only people I know that wear big shines belt buckles are Cowboys
who won them at a rodeo (they have a culture all their own), want to be cowboys who have awarded themselves
(a form of lying), and dance hall turds (also lying). As to the latter, you need to cut them some slack. As
Gus McCrae from Lonesome Dove said, "Any man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, doesn't want one bad enough".

Posts: 14 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 February 2016Reply With Quote