THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Not "Big Game" but cool, Bullsnake Whoopee

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not "Big Game" but cool, Bullsnake Whoopee
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

I'm walking the ditch while irrigating
my horse pasture when I found these 2 lovebirds.
First time I've ever seen this and spent a few minutes watching "nature"
Enjoy and safe travels

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You shouldn't be posting those X rated photos, LOL!!!

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
very cool, thanks!

JOIN SCI!

Posts: 318 | Location: 40N,105W | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
R,
It's an amazing world out there and astounding what one can see if he takes time to look.

With deference to Jim Morrison,

I give you Tripod, the porch swing lizard King

You can see why we call him Tripod. This pix was taken a year ago May.

Well, a year has come and gone...........

Squires the ladies,

Takes on all comers and kicks azz

Not to proud to gloat.

So now I've wathced this guy on and off for about 14 months.

Don't know how long he can hang, but he is one tough SOB. If there ever wuz an AI verison of a Lizard, this guy would rate.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Really good pics of the Bull snakes. Not sure what happened in this area, but I rarely ever see a Bull snake anymore or hog nosed snakes.

Both species used to be really common in this area but don't seem to be anymore.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff from both of y'all!

Been dying to grab a rattler in MT for the last 8 years but I'm always there too late in the year.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All Hail Tripod!
Sounds like a heck of a watchdog hilbily

It is the little things...
Some of us "get it"
Glad you enjoyed and I'll bring some more.

Top of the morning, Ann
You been missed

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ravenr:

You are the consummate outdoorsman. In AZ my snake awareness goes way up when the temps hover around 85 deg. I was doing some long range shooting in the desert yesterday and was on high alert.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
R,

My buds and I

will keep a sharp eye peeled

for the next installment of

the Ravenr "not so big game" chronicles.

patriot tu2

Best,

GWB

PS:

I finally decided at sixty-two years of age what I wanted to be when I grow up. I saw it here on these pages. I want to be a "professional small boy". Hopefully I will more and more relearn and retain the sense of joy and wonder at the physical world around me as I continue my travels, as RLS states it, "through the wilderness of this world".

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful G, Just Beautiful
Don't wait for me, seems you been holding out
on the rest of us.
If you can throw around "eye candy" like that
I for one would like to see more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
R,

thanks for the kind words,

Not to beat it to death,
In this day of political correctness, the motto may have changed to “bend over and I’ll drive you to the store”. However, when I was young, the Boy Scout motto was “be prepared”.
It’s hard to know beforehand when one might happen onto a scene that he might want to remember.

You will stop to do something like pick up a bungee you’ve dropped or something mundane, or you’ll be sitting somewhere looking at nothing in particular and you look up and it hits you smack in the face.

I find in my old age that a camera lens, though limited in scope in comparison to the human eye, aids in remembrance.
Rather than watching the boob tube, or boobs on the net, I will at times go back and look at some of the photo’s I’ve taken over the years.

Or use the occasion as a serendipity to remember who I was “once upon a time”

long, long ago.

Consequently, I pretty much keep either a point and shoot or a DSLR with me most all the time. One of the things I always keep in my day pack when I’m afield. I find that if I keep my eyes open and watch, there is a lot to be seen all around you. It doesn’t have to be shot with a gun.

Best

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Really good pics of the Bull snakes. Not sure what happened in this area, but I rarely ever see a Bull snake anymore or hog nosed snakes.Both species used to be really common in this area but don't seem to be anymore.

Randall, you can attribute the lack of snakes to the hogs...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Randall, you can attribute the lack of snakes to the hogs...

No Sir, that don't fly. I have killed more buzz tails in the 30 days or so than I saw all of last year. Since the first or second week of April I have killed 7 buzztails. If my memory serves me correctly during all of last spring/summer/early fall I killed a total of 2 buzztails.

Not saying that hogs can't or don't have an effect in certain locations, but not across a whole area or region.

It is just like the concept some people are spreading around that buzztails, have stopped rattling because of their fear of hogs.

That ain't even possible.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pulicords
posted Hide Post
Nice pics! I really like seeing snakes, even rattlers providing I see them in time to give them a wide berth. Here in Los Angeles County (CA), we don't have bullsnakes, but their close cousins (Gophersnakes) are quite common. I found this one, as it was looking for breakfast recently. Guess you can figure out how they got their name!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Tanzania 2012: http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/8331015971
Saskatoon, Canada 2013: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4121043/m/7171030391
Las Pampas, Argentina 2014: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4107165/m/1991059791

Posts: 260 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: 19 April 2012Reply With Quote