New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crazyhorse and corespondence
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Mr. Geogreld in the hog forum has provided Crazyhorse’s adress.

It is 1134 FM 3229, Olney, TX 76374.

Crazy knew some of his positions made me want to pull my hair out. But he was a good man, a good member, I enjoyed our PMs. My last message to him was to take some time for himself and go hunting. Most of all the ones that knew him best have echoed he was a true Texan and a great husband.

I will send his wife a correspondence. If you feel the inspiration too send what you are comfortable with. A card would go along away and cost nothing. I know enough to know Crazyhorse would not want this attention but would appreciate so many care for his family.

His three threads were of guiding loved ones and his Bison herd.

Goodbye Randall Weems. Between Kentucky and Tennessee you are missed, you are honored, your family is not forgotten.

Posts: 11385 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
What?
This appears Randall is gone?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently yesterday in a freak accident. Excuse my lack of eloquence but for us it sucks.

I had logged in to PM him about his most recent hunting threads, when we were told.

No matter ones beliefs we all have to agree we are not meant to stay here. Life is a fragile thing.

Posts: 11385 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sad and terrible news. May he RIP, and condolences offered to his family.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this. He will be missed.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Randall.You will be missed.This brings into perspective how precious life is and how meaningless some of the arguments we have here are.OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
This is terrible news. Thanks for posting his address, I'll get a card in the mail.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12600 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Even the rocks don't last forever. RIP CHC.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shit!

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am so sad to hear this news. What a loss for all of us on AR, and his family. RIP Crazyhorse!

Posts: 2602 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
woah.

I did and didn't agree with him on stuff.
I guess that's what made us both human.

Posts: 4988 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
It's too bad we don't have a special place to go when an admired and respected member passes. There are threads about Randall in several forums here today.
I'll be getting a card out to Lora too.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So very sad! RIP Mr. Crazyhorse.

I just posted on his thread yesterday.

He seemed to be an larger-than-life character. I enjoyed his threads and posts.

Does anyone know what happened so it can totally ruin our week?

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Condolences to his friends and family. Painful time. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZekeShikar:

He seemed to be an larger-than-life character. I enjoyed his threads and posts.

Zeke

I am stunned. He was larger than life. I will miss him big time.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Farewell Randall. You will remain an icon and I treasured your posts.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Godspeed fellow Texan and pig shooter, rest in peace, you will be missed.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of his passing

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
RIP!

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sad. Only young too!

Condolences to his wife, family and friends.

DRSS

Posts: 1930 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WICHITA FALLS, TX (TNN) - DPS Troopers say a man has died after he was run over by his own pickup.
It happened at around 4:00 p.m. Thursday on State Highway 79 about two miles south of Olney.
Randall Weems, 68 of Olney parked his pickup partially in the ditch and partially on the gravel drive. Troopers say he got out to close a gate.
Trooper Dan Buesing says the pickup was not placed in park and began to roll backwards.
Buesing says Weems was trying to get back into the truck when he fell and was run over.
He was transported to a hospital in Hamilton where he later died from his injuries.

Posts: 10273 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's all it takes, just one moment of
carelessness. No doubt this gate was just
one of a dozen he went thru on his rounds
everyday.

Mighty sad, don't recall the exact count of
his posts, some over 33,000. I'd just noticed
that before reading about this.

Again: 1134 FM 3229
Olney, Tx 76374

RIP Randall

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys, to say the least, Randall was a good friend of mine. We spent many a long night shooting the shit and discussing everything under the sun.

I talked to "Sis" this afternoon. This is what I always called Lora because she says that I remind her of her brother.

The story from the paper is pretty accurate. They don't know whether the truck slipped out of park or not, but he did try to get back in and the worst happened.

His last thoughts and words were about Lora. He was supposed to pick her up after an outing of hers and he asked the guys he was with to make sure she was picked up. He asked them to tell her that he loved her. I will not go into all of the details, Lora said his chest was half the normal size and he flatlined a couple times on the way to the hospital and for the final time in Wichita Falls.

Lora asked that no flowers or plants be sent. As she said, "Larry, you know I can't keep the damn things alive." The cards and wishes will be greatly appreciated. Randall will not have a funeral. He was sent to Dallas for an autopsy. Evidently there are some accidents that require it. He will not be back to Olney for about 3 weeks. There he will be cremated and have his ashes spread over west Texas.

There will be a memorial in a couple weeks. I hope to post any new information I get. Lora and a couple other friends have contacted the state Department Of Parks and Wildlife and are requesting that a Community Fishing Lake be created and named for Randall. The fellow he worked for said he would donate his land with the proper creek running through it for this purpose. We will see what the State says.

Again, I will try to post any progress.

Rest in Peace you cantankerous old son of a bitch. I love you.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Larry:

Will she have to move off the ranch?

Make sure she knows they have a lot of friends
on the board.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did not get that impression. She talked about still being able to take care of the livestock ok.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed and appreciated Randall's posts and admired the fact that he wasn't afraid to take a stand on a subject, even if his wasn't the unanimous or most popular viewpoint. He made many entertaining and informative posts here on AR, and his contributions will certainly be missed. Rest in peace, my friend. Sending up prayers for your family and your many friends out there...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9376 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I find it nice that some of his last posts were some of his most thoughtful.

Posts: 13813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
He will be missed. So sad

Posts: 600 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RIP and God speed

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Farming is dangerous work. Especially so because of time constraints. I can't remember how many tines I kicked my tractor or truck out of gear and jumped out to hook a gate, or how often I left the tractor in low gear and set the throttle back so it would creep along with a load while I loaded hay or moved something out of the way. I got away with it most times. Most farmers do their first aid with duct tape and paper towels, give themselves stitches with dental floss and dosing with 7% iodine or fly strike. Most of us have given ourselves a shot of penicillin meant for cows. But it is a life we love. To have that life and people who love us and people who respect you is about as good as life gets. A life well lived.

Randall and I shared some emails over the years. Though we were raised different in different places, we shared some common genetic weaknesses, namely farming and love ofthe outdoors.
I learned from him. Darn, i will miss him! Rest easy. Prayers for your family and friends.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP CHC. This forum is an emptier place without you in it.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Very sad. Enjoyed his posts.

As he himself wrote "Even the rocks don't last forever" but this was way to sudden and soon. RIP.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2288 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear this news. Condolences to his wife & family.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Man, I take a few days off to slay a few problematic dragons that hit us all at once, and I come back to this tragic and sad news.

I will miss his posts. Condolences to Lora and family. RIP, Randall.

Posted in the "Doe Hunt With A Twist" thread on Tues., Jan 8.

quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
I can not really explain the changes that have taken place over time that have brought me to this point, but I think the one that has had the most effect is that I began really facing my own mortality ……………

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear this. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 795 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I never had bad thing to say about Randall even when few times he ripped me a new asshole
I always considered him as another faraway friend
That really sucks
Few of us talked about Randall in Reno and everyone seemed upset
Keep a warm seat up there for me Randall...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Lora posted this on the Miscellaneous forum:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...3611043/m/5821032942

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Just getting home from surgery. I am truly sorry to hear of Randall's unexpected death.

~Ann

Posts: 19245 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Just getting home from surgery. I am truly sorry to hear of Randall's unexpected death.

It has certainly been a big shock to the entire AR community Ann. I hope you are doing well and recuperate quickly from your hospital stay!