New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crazyhorse Memorial Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Hello to all of Crazyhorses online and personal friends.
I cannot express my very sincere gratitude over the love, prayers, and good wishes that have been expressed by the members of this Forum.
Randall died ad he lived: he had just finished working with his beloved buffalo, and he had a very quick death, outside, and he had friends with him.
He would NOT have wanted to linger, and the time from the accident to the time of death was less than an hour.
According to one of the people with him at the time, his second-to -last words were to make sure the cats were OK (they were in the truck with him, as usual) and the last words were, "Tell Lora I Love her"
His passing will leave a hole in many peoples lives. He was half of my heart.

I am having trouble posting a picture of him from my phone. However, there is a very beautiful pic of my handsome husband at the funeral home's website:
lunnfuneralhome.com

We are working on a lasting memorial in the form of a Texas Community Fishing Pond for our town. Because, as much as he loved hunting, he was an avid fisherman. A community pond will provide a place for the kids in our area to legally and safely fish.

I'm not sure if I will be able to get back on this forum, as it is painfull. However, if you are on facebook, and wish to befriend me, identify yourself as an AR member and I will approve it.

Again, many thanks

Lora Weems
Olney TX

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ms. Lora,

Randall will be missed. And you are certainly correct, he lived his life as he wanted. He was a real man's man! Certainly one of a kind.

God bless you and hold you through these terrible times.

Our loss is heavens gain.

Posts: 42142 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for reaching out to us. Stay strong. I do not do Facebook but my wife does. I will tell her to look it up.

Posts: 11725 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Ms. Lora,I am so sorry to hear this + can only imagine your pain. He will be missed.God bless.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are diminished!

RIP Randall!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Ms. Lora: We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless, and may He continue to watch over and protect you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes mam, your husband was a unique personality who will be missed by a lot of people. May God Bles you and may your memories bring you comfort.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

He was indeed a unique character that contributed a lot to this forum. Ms. Lora, please accept my condolences.

Posts: 703 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Lora, thanks for posting. I know it must be awfully hard. You will be in my thoughts and prayers in the days ahead.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16591 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you Lora

Justin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not know Crazyhorse personally, but I will surely miss his contributions to the forum. With over 31,000 posts, he definitely had something to say. I will miss reading them here on AR.

Keep the faith. You will see him again one day, and for a long time thereafter.

Condolences to you Lora, for that brief time you will be separated.

Posts: 2615 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CLL
posted Hide Post
With much sadness we send our condolences , our love to you and your family . Clint

I Might Be Tired From Hunting ,
But I Will Never Tire Of Hunting .

Posts: 200 | Location: CA,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking the time to post to us, Lora - we really miss Randall already, as he touched a lot of people here.

I am greatly sorry that this happened and I am sure that somewhere Randall is watching over you and all of the animals that he cared for. If there is ever anything that our group can do, please ask and I am sure that many of us will do our ebst to help it happen.

Ron
Chinook, Montana

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayers and condolences to you. May God grant you peace.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1108 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
I would echo what Tas said, if we as a group can help to make the fishing pond a reality please let us know.

I very much miss reading his thoughts.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Prayers and condolences to you.

From Northern Wis.

Posts: 19512 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
My Prayers and condolences, Ms. Lora.
Geez, Randall was a handsome fella!
God Bless you and keep you.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Randall was the grumpiest ray of sunshine on the planet"
AGREED!
"if we as a group can help to make the fishing pond a reality please let us know."
AGREED!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Prayers and condolences. May God bless.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
My condolences.
May he live on in your heart.

Posts: 4251 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I miss him; he was an icon on AR

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a thought here.in lieu of flowers has anyone considered donating just one dollar to your local pound/animal shelter for care of their cats in his name. I did.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting Lora, I wish you and your family all the best. I will miss the logic in his posts.jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ms Lora, as many have said, we all miss Randall's wisdom and wit. Agree or disagree with his point of view it was always incisive. If you seek contributions for the pond please let us know, I am sure there will contributors willing to help.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So sorry Lora , my condolences, god bless ..
RIP Crazyhorse ..

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1301 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
We don't know the appointed hour. But for those of us left behind there is a hole that will never be totally filled up. Ms Lora, Bless you and take care of the cats.Packy

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I just got a hand-written thank-you card from Lora in response to my card and letter, bless her heart. I hate to think of her plowing through a big stack of correspondence when she should be attending to the needs of her own broken heart, but my prayer is that it is somehow therapeutic.
Passing information on to friends here, she mentions that in addition to the memorial in Olney on Feb. 3, there will be a second memorial in March or April; and that some of Randall's ashes will be spread on the McKenzie Ranch in Fort Stockton, and some in the River Shannon, in County Limerick, Ireland.
I know we all have wished Randall to rest in peace, but he may just keep some of us busy for some time to come.

Wink

– John Green, author

Posts: 16591 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Bump in memory of our old friend Randall.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
x2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good bump, Bill!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the community lake is going through?

Posts: 11725 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That's a good question. I should send Lora a note asking for an update.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I still have her card on the table yet.
and been reading it now and then.
thinking I should send a note asking how things
are going with her and the lake project.

Just dragging my a mostly.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5983 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote