Rec for Long Range Shooting School
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Anyone out there have first hand experience at FTW Ranch or Gunsite long range shooting schools?

What would you recommend?

Looking to get training out to 600 yards.

Dogcat, this guy is the premier military sniper trainer in the world, and he has civilian classes in the TX panhandle. I would check this one out if it were me. Good luck.

https://www.accuracy1st.com/training/

Darn. Everything is full. Figures.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I meant to say "Can't say I can make that happen every time..." but I think you got the point. I was 2 inches low and 5 inches right at 800 that day but the wind angle to my 1190 yard rock is a bit different. At 800 I held about 1/2 MOA - 1 would have been better.

The more one shoots the more good shots happen

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
I meant to say "Can't say I can make that happen every time..." but I think you got the point. I was 2 inches low and 5 inches right at 800 that day but the wind angle to my 1190 yard rock is a bit different. At 800 I held about 1/2 MOA - 1 would have been better.

The more one shoots the more good shots happen

Right about that P Dog...I am sure these LR schools are great, but at the end of the day, you have to shoot a little a lot. By that I mean go out, range something, make the wind call, and take the shot. Then move to something else - different wind angle, different range, etc. Don't delude yourself into looking where that first shot hit, then correcting for the wind, then pounding the next nine shots in the there and saying you are 90%. I may shoot more than once just to make sure I made the right wind call, but the feedback from the first shot is huge.

Personally, if you are not shooting LR at least once per week, you are not shooting enough to stay tuned up. JMO.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When practicing a lot of times I well not hold off for wind just to see how much drift I actually get with a certain wind and round.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote