THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Opinions On American Big Game Contests
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions On American Big Game Contests
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I enjoy buying a chance to win an ATV, a new rifle or pistol or shotgun, etc, but what I can't justify is buying a chance on a guided hunt.
What's my reason:
Almost every contest that offers a guided hunt is offering that for one person. That includes most state offered hunts, the NRA Whittington Center, and so many others sponsored by products.
I don't know about everyone else, but I find that I have no interest in going on a hunt alone (or just with a guide). (Most of these require long distance travel too.)
I can say that all my hunting friends and I included have treated hunting like swimming, you don't go by your self.
I wish there were a way to get the folks that offer guided hunts to always at the least include a non-hunting partner or at best, a hunt for two people.
Anyone else feel this way?

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
I know what you're saying but I don't really feel the same way about it because none of my friends or family would be interested in going on a hunting trip. But let's say you won a trip for two, it is to take place this fall and you have friends or family that like to hunt.

Will they be interested in the species being offered? Are they in shape for the hunt? Do they have the vacation time available? Can they get away from family responsibilities? Do they own the necessary equipment? Can they afford the ancillary expenses? There aren't all that many people that can answer yes to all of these questions for someone else. For example, I offered to pay for a guided cow elk hunt for a friend. He couldn't take me up on the offer because he couldn't get off from work and had family commitments. I couldn't adjust my schedule to accommodate his.

I've also learned that people will show interest in something but that interest evaporates when it comes down to committing the time and effort to follow through.

Since you're getting the trip for free maybe you can spread your good luck around and pick up the tab to bring someone else along.

Not everybody can take the trip so these raffles usually have a cash prize option.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
Another thought:

Out of state, big game hunts are a "special interest" sort of thing that require a considerable commitment of time and effort - aside from money. Not everybody is interested enough to invest the time and effort.

Many prizes that offer "a trip for two" such as tropical vacations, cruises, sporting events are for "general interest" destinations. If you were to win Super Bowl tickets, you don't have to be a rabid football fan to jump on a plane, watch the game and be home the next day.

The organizations that offer big game raffles probably realize that a relatively small number of potential entrants would be able to take up on an offer for a trip for two. Outfitters (especially good outfitters) may not have enough time open in their season schedule to accommodate more than one winner so they might be less inclined to offer their services as the grand prize.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Some of the hunts offered do make arrangements for a Non-Hunting companion and The Big Time Texas hunts offered by TP&W allow for Non-Hunting companions on some of the offers or for hunting companions.

I go pretty much along with Bigasanelk and his thoughts. Except for my wife, I have not had an actual hunting partner for years.

I have no problem with the way those contests are put together.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No really as I much prefer hunting alone than with someone else. That's just me, but, I see lots of guys out there alone too.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In re-reading my response I noticed that I messed up on something.

With some or most of the Big Time Texas hunts that TP&W gives away annually a HUNTING companion can accompany the winning hunter.

In fact I think the only one that restricts it to a Non -Hunting companion ids the Grand Slam hunt which is for Desert Bighorn, Pronghorn, Mule Deer and White Tail.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I traveled alone on my first safari in 1983, and for about half of my trips to Africa over the next 30 years. I also went alone on hunts in New Zealand, NWT and the Yukon. My hunts in Asia. South America and Europe and all but three of my out-of-Arizona hunts in the U.S. were with friends. I have hunted alone and with friends all across my home state. I enjoyed every trip and cannot say that having someone with me when I traveled alone would have improved the experience.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billrquimby:
I traveled alone on my first safari in 1983, and for about half of my trips to Africa over the next 30 years. I also went alone on hunts in New Zealand, NWT and the Yukon. My hunts in Asia. South America and Europe and all but three of my out-of-Arizona hunts in the U.S. were with friends. I have hunted alone and with friends all across my home state. I enjoyed every trip and cannot say that having someone with me when I traveled alone would have improved the experience.

Bill Quimby

I agree; with one exception I have always gone to Africa alone. On the other hand, I am not opposed to sharing a camp with someone; I shared a camp with Notlim (who doesn't seem to post much here anymore) for 21 days in Tanzania and I enjoyed his company. Almost all of my hunts DIY hunts have been by myself, although sometimes I have brought a non-hunter who just wanted to go. And I have brought Ms AZW on some hunts: NZ and Scotland twice. On the other hand, deer hunting in MN wouldn't be the same without those with whom I shared the shack.

I went with a few friends on a moose hunt last fall and I only saw them the last two days of the hunt - they floated a river and I didn't.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I've hunted alone quite a bit and have had some excellent hunts and experiences doing so.
As I get older and my kids get older it's pretty important to me to include friends and family in hunts not just for my sake but for my kids as well but this will not stop me from going alone.
I'd have no trouble going on a hunt of a lifetime alone if I won that opportunity.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no problem going on a guided hunt alone and did so for Cougar .I have also hunted alone by myself for bear in Canada.I do not do DIY hunts by myself anymore as because of my age it is not a safe thing to do.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just an observation here, nothing more.

No one does African Hunt by themselves, they have a PH!

Please keep in mind the premise of the Original Post.

None of us can go to Africa and strike out on our own to hunt anything.

With a couple of exceptions, or maybe more in Alaska, an American hunter can hunt all or practical all North American game animals by themselves.

The only exceptions would be Grizzly/Brown bears. Not trying to play the "Hall Monitor" here, but the original topic is about hunting in America, not Africa.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Actually Crazyhorse I think the following quote is actually the true premise of the OP

quote:
Almost every contest that offers a guided hunt is offering that for one person. That includes most state offered hunts, the NRA Whittington Center, and so many others sponsored by products.I don't know about everyone else, but I find that I have no interest in going on a hunt alone (or just with a guide).

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes it is, but if YOU will notice, I was NOT the person that brought hunting in Africa into the conversation!

billquimby and AnotherArizonaWriter were the ones that brought Africa into the equation, Not Me!!!!

Please take the time to actually READ the responses that people make.

Jumping to conclusions helps no one or these discussions!

The OP concerns hunting contests for AMERICAN BIG GAME!

Hunting AFRICAN BIG GAME was brought into the discussion for whatever reason the folks that brought it into the discussion deemed necessary, but it was not me, I was discussing the Big Time Hunts in Texas the Texas Parks & Wildlife give away annually. If you can explain how that was off topic, Please Do So.

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
quote:

I apologize for bringing Africa into the mix. I obviously missed the word "American" in the title, probably because not all fund-raising hunt raffles/contests are for hunts in the U.S.

I also apologize for having to contradict you. In the 1980s, long before South Africa passed what I like to call its "Outfitter Protection Act," foreigners were able to hunt without an outfitter or a PH and I did just that several times as a guest on farms owned by friends.

They usually would assign a workman who spoke a little English to go with me and help load and care for the meat, however, so I wasn't entirely alone.

I also have hunted without an outfitter, PH or farm worker in Botswana on a friend's property along the Limpopo in the Tuli Block.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Please calm down a bit "Crazy"
The OP's actual words are
quote:
I have no interest in going on a hunt alone (or just with a guide).

If YOU take the time to READ as you reminded me it doesn't truly matter where people speak of their experiences occurring I think the real topic is the OP not wanting to hunt alone or just with a guide, he would rather, from what I gather, hunt with his friends along rather than just a guide or alone.
Other people are interjecting their own experiences and preferences as allowed on this gracious forum.
Untwist your panties and pull them up like a big girl and calm down please.
And by the way you are not the "hall monitor" or even the forum monitor so quit acting like you have the last word on all things AR

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Opinions On American Big Game Contests

Sorry Sir, but if YOU will untwist your panties you will see that the topic concerns American Big Game Contests!

It really does not have anything to do with hunting alone, because if you will notice other people stated that THEY have no problem hunting alone!

Also if you will notice the discussion was about AMERICAN big game contests, not AFRICAN!

Please correct me if I am WRONG, but Mr. Nisbet was commenting on the idea that these contests, normally Do Not allow the winner to bring a companion, hunting or non-hunting.

If the discussion had simply concerned whether people liked hunting alone or with someone, that would have been one thing but that was not the subject.

I really do not understand your problem. No one has forced Mr. Nisbet or ANYONE else to enter these contests, and as I pointed out very clearly Texas does allow either Non-Hunting companions or HUNTING companions on some of the hunts they make available to the Public.

If Mr. Nisbet wanted to find out how many people preferred to go on a hunt with a companion, hunting or non-hunting, that is what he should have asked WITHOUT bringing the Big Game Contest hunts into the equation. He did not do that, and openly and honestly some folks merely stated that theyt had no problem with the concept of hunting alone or going on such a trip alone.

Not counting Mr. Nisbet's OP, there have been 6 people that have replied, two of them discussed going to Africa alone to hunt, three have stated they have no problem hunting alone, one commented that there are hunts where hunting or non-hunting companions are accommodated, and you have taken umbrage saying that Mr. Nisbet was commenting on having to hunt alone were he to win one of these hunts, which boils down to him wishing that the people offering these hunts would/should make an allowance for the winner to bring along a hunting/non-hunting companion.

You are the one with your knickers in a twist, because once a person reads the particulars concerning what is being offered as the prize, it is up to them to put in for the draw or not.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I think that the OP's original post was concerning the contests where the winner cannot bring a friend.

The central point of his post was:

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Nisbet:
I enjoy buying a chance to win an ATV, a new rifle or pistol or shotgun, etc, but what I can't justify is buying a chance on a guided hunt.
What's my reason:
Almost every contest that offers a guided hunt is offering that for one person. That includes most state offered hunts, the NRA Whittington Center, and so many others sponsored by products.
I don't know about everyone else, but I find that I have no interest in going on a hunt alone (or just with a guide). (Most of these require long distance travel too.)
I can say that all my hunting friends and I included have treated hunting like swimming, you don't go by your self.
I wish there were a way to get the folks that offer guided hunts to always at the least include a non-hunting partner or at best, a hunt for two people.

The fact that he titled it "American Big Game Hunting Contests" is a minor point.

The implied reason for the post is winning a contest and hunting alone as he mentions it four times in the post.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay, but since such contests openly state that the hunt(s) are for one person with no companions, Hunting OR Non-Hunting included, why put in for such hunts?????

The people offering the hunt to be given as the prize, whether it is an outfitter/guide or state wildlife department, they are the ones that set the parameters on the hunt that is being offered. No one is forced to enter the contest, and as I pointed out Texas DOES allow both HUNTING or Non-Hunting companions on the hunts they offer in the drawings.

I can understand a person not wishing to hunt alone, but I can also understand that the person/organization/agency offering such a hunt can stipulate the parameters for the hunt.

The FACT that the OP concerned the way such hunts are offered is NOT a minor point!

If a person does not want to hunt alone, that is THEIR business, but to complain about the manner in which a state agency or organization offers a hunt as a prize in a contest, simply is not something that can be controlled by those wanting to do such a hunt.

If as person does not want or like to hunt alone, that is one thing, many of us like to hunt with someone, our spouse or child or friend, but many of us have no problem hunting alone, the deal is however the discussion is NOT about hunting alone it is about Big Game Contests limiting the winner to hunting alone.

The deal is the winners of those contests, usually can work things out where a hunting or non-hunting companion Can be accommodated, it may cost the winner some money, but that is THEIR choice.

Not sure what the problem is as the OP is really clear, Opinions On American Big Game Contests! The rules for such contests are quite clear, and if the rules state that No companions, hunting or non-hunting can be brought along, Do Not Enter the contest.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Once again the person with the biggest mouth has shut down what could have otherwise been an interesting conversation.

Thanks "Crazy" I will no longer contribute to this thread.
You have ruled on the subjects and all have heard you loud and clear, I for one do not view you as any form of authority but you have effectively steered, controlled and derailed this thread, now I'm sure you will be on to the next thread to do more of the same.
Good day.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Once again the person with the biggest mouth has shut down what could have otherwise been an interesting conversation.

Thanks "Crazy" I will no longer contribute to this thread.
You have ruled on the subjects and all have heard you loud and clear, I for one do not view you as any form of authority but you have effectively steered, controlled and derailed this thread, now I'm sure you will be on to the next thread to do more of the same.
Good day.

He truly is the most obnoxious guy on AR. I wish he would just go away. Too bad it isn't up to a popular vote.

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why does someone merely expressing an opposing thought on an issue bother some folks.

It is bad enough down in the Crater but the disease seems to be spreading thru out the entire site.

I really do not remember seeing anything any where stating that ALL members of Accurate Reloading are required to agree on all subjects, all of the time.

This was merely a difference in interpretations of the OP.

Interpretation 1. The premise of the OP concerned American Big Game Hunting contests NOT making arrangements for hunting/non hunting companions to accompany the winner of the contest on their hunt.

Interpretation 2. The premise of the OP concerned hunters not comfortable or willing to hunt alone.

What is so wrong with a person defending their interpretation of the OP?

Looks like some people overlooked the last sentence in the OP.

quote:

That is asking for opinions, people were giving opinions and their reasons for believing as they do, what was wrong with that?

If people are so thin skinned that they can't accept that not everyone believes as they do, then Saeed's little playground here may not be the place for them.

If you individuals that took such offense to my comments will go back and look, at no point did I become insulting or rude the same can not be said for a couple of the folks that responded.

I personally am glad that this site does not/has not fell into the well of allowing members to be voted off "The Island". I have belonged to a couple of those and they no longer exist. That is what happens to sites when the inmates start running the place.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Crazy:

You laid into Bill Quimby like he slapped your grandmother. Bill has a unique set of experiences on here (more so than you or me) and you dug into him for bringing up Africa, pointing out no one hunts without a PH. But if you read the OP, it is about hunting contests in which the hunt is with a guide. So Bill's comments absolutely added value. Your contribution was not to express your opinion but to tear into him and me. You do so quite a bit lately with a lot of members, then curl up in a ball and say "I was only expressing my opinion."

Lately you seem to find innate joy in nitpicking around semantics. It is petty.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A. You do not know what kind of experiences I have had now do you???

B. I evidently did not say ANYTHING that upset Mr. Quimby, because if I had, he would have addressed it with me! He hasn't, and unlike YOU he stated that he had not really noticed that the discussion was about hunting in America not Africa.

I am trying my best to understand why YOU are so offended when Mr.Quimby does not seem to have had a problem! Are you stating that Mr.Quimby cannot defend himself if he feels offended??????

No Sir, the problem is that since you are writer of some note, No lowly mortal should question you opinion!!! Too Damn Bad, I do not subscribe to that theory.

Put me on ignore, any Seven Year Old Half Wit can do that!

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I must admit I was a tad offended at first by your response, crazyhorseconsulting, but realized I had erred when reading the title.

After I decided not to answer your rant, I was left wondering why you singled out my mentioning Africa when I also talked about five other continents.

It doesn't matter, though. There are more important things on my plate than tossing insults across the internet. I apologize again for my mistake. Have a nice day.

Bill Quimby

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only reason I commented on your reference about Africa is simply because except for rare instances I have read about, non African citizen don't just fly in, rent a vehicle and head out trying to find something to shoot.

Point is, I did not point out the reference about Africa because YOU mentioned it, I would have pointed it out had Saeed made the comment, or Don or Walter or WHOEVER.

I did not just look at WHO made the comment, and as another individual stated Jumped On You! I was merely pointing out the discussion pertained to American Big Game contests.

If ANYONE had/has a reason to be offended it is you, because it was your response that first mentioned Africa then the response after yours also mentioned Africa.

I have one question for you Sir. Please explain to me if you will, what is so offensive or confrontational about these 4 sentences?

quote:
Just an observation here, nothing more.

No one does African Hunt by themselves, they have a PH!

Please keep in mind the premise of the Original Post.

I really can not determine what was/is so offensive about those statements. As far as I know ALL were/are true. I was simply making an observation concerning the premise of the OP, the OP concerned a specific scenario and an individual hunting alone in Africa is rare isn't it.

I hate the discussion went the way it did, but is it going to get to the point that No One can speak their mind without someone getting highly offended?

Are the rest of the topic areas on AR going to turn into ghost images of the Crater?

I would like to think not. But contrary to what ANYONE thinks, it was not my intention in the beginning to offend anyone including yourself and I was naïve enough to believe that merely trying to keep the discussion focused on the topic the OP concerned would not get the discussion derailed.

I can not remember having an issue of any kind with you over the time I have been on AR, if so I can not remember what it was about.

As for snellstrom, he interpreted the premise of the OP as someone discussing not liking or being comfortable hunting alone.

I interpreted the premise of the OP as someone merely postulating on why the majority of American Big Game Hunting Contests do not ordinarily make allowances for hunting or non-hunting companions to accompany the winner.

Differences in interpretation of comments made on sites like this are going to happen, such differences do not take place in real time face to face discussions due to facial expressions, tone of voice, body posture, eye contact, none of which are present with an on line discussion.

quote:
You laid into Bill Quimby like he slapped your grandmother.

I still have a problem understanding how anything I said in the 4 sentences I quoted earlier, equate to the comment quoted above.

Correct me if I am wrong, but some how I get the feeling that your hide is a lot thicker than being able to get offended over someone merely trying to keep a discussion limited to the Original Topic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i probably don't enter for enough guided hunts to say so one way or another as i'd just be tickled to win

I guess if it was a hunt that I wanted I would probably contact the outfitter direct and say "if I'm the 1 in 1,000 that wins what is the cost to bring my wife as an observer or my dad as an observer or second hunter"

I would be guessing if it's an outfitter that donated the hunt reduced rate or free, they would be happy to get a little cash out of the deal

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
i probably don't enter for enough guided hunts to say so one way or another as i'd just be tickled to win

I guess if it was a hunt that I wanted I would probably contact the outfitter direct and say "if I'm the 1 in 1,000 that wins what is the cost to bring my wife as an observer or my dad as an observer or second hunter"

I would be guessing if it's an outfitter that donated the hunt reduced rate or free, they would be happy to get a little cash out of the deal

That probably describes how the majority of us feel. Just winning a hunt in a drawing is a rush for practically anyone.

Some people do not like hunting alone, some folks don't care one way or the other.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazyhorse---You are the one that needs to READ. You mention several times that nobody is forcing Mr Nisbet to buy the chance. He clearly states he can't justify buying a chance--for the reason he stated.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And you are as obtuse as usual! I had been stating from the start, that the RULES of those contests state Up Front, what Is and IS NOT included in the prize.

If a person reads the rules they will know quite clearly what is and is NOT included.

If it states that hunting or non-hunting companions Will Not Be Accomodat7ed, Do Not Put In For The Drawing.

What YOU do not understand is that Mr. Nisbet was asking WHY, provisions for hunting/non-hunting companions are NOT part of the prize!!!!

It really helps when people can learn to read and comprehend what they have read.

Regardless of anything else anyone wants to believe, the OP's concern was hunt contests NOT accommodating a companion, hunting or non-hunting, as part of the prize package!!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazyhorse--Go back and read Mr Nibets opening statement and the only question he asks is does anybody else feel that way? (I'll give you a hint--look for this symbol ? that means a question) He has a grasp on the fact that he doesn't like what is offered so he doesn't buy it. Not even remotely a question of if he doesn't like it why put in for it. He doesn't like it and doesn't put in for it. ATV, new rifle pistol or shotgun etc--he puts in for those. He likes them.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

See, what you are missing or overlooking is the sentence, that immediately preceded the "Anyone Else Feel This Way"comment.

It is the whole premise of his post.

He was trying to find out if other people or how many other people, feel that there was a
quote:
way to get the folks that offer guided hunts to always at the least include a non-hunting partner or at best, a hunt for two people

That was what so many missed/overlooked or paid no attention to. That entire sentence expressed the thought he was trying to convey, wanting the people running these contests to accommodate a hunting or non-hunting companion to accompany the winner.

It had nothing to do with the other prizes offered, just the hunts. Anyone interested in entering such contests has the option of entering or not entering based on the conditions set forth by the group putting on the contest.

Some do accommodate a hunting or non-hunting companion, most don't. Would it be great if they did, Yes, but they are the ones making the rules, not those folks entering the contest.

Some were trying to point out it was not a big deal to them.

One even stated this:
quote:

The question or issue was not about hunting by one's self, it concerned How Many People Feel That American Big Hunting Contests SHOULD make accommodations for a companion to accompany the winner on the trip.

Some people would like to see that, in fact probably most would to one degree or another, while, for evidently enough folks it does not matter to the point that the folks putting on these contests for the most part do not or have not changed their way of doing things.

As I mentioned however, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department does allowing for a hunting or non-hunting companion on all or most of their "Big Time Texas Hunts" that they have a drawing for every year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the best response is no response.

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:

Apparently that is how Bob Nisbet feels.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:

Apparently that is how Bob Nisbet feels.

There is more I would have discussed about this topic also but it is a thread that's been "dominated" and derailed by one poster so I decline to further discuss it.
Lately the person who "dominated" this thread has done so with many other discussions, apparently you are a "winner" if you have the last word on every thread you contribute to. This is accomplished by "Total Thread Domination" a tactic I see people use a lot after they've hung out in the Politicala Forum.

Myself I prefer a discussion where people share opinions, beliefs and experiences further enhancing the discussion

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Word!

stir

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

2nd place hunts with Crazyhorse for one week.

1st place hunts with Crazyhorse for one day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:

Hahahaha! If I win can I take a friend with me? After reading all of this I sure as hell don't want to be alone on that hunt!

Posts: 291 | Location: Coweta Oklahoma  | Registered: 08 January 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're missing this one - you are missing out! Smiler

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry that is false advertising. I don't give hunts away, but I do make arrangements for Non-hunting companions.

But this has nothing to do with me, it has to do with different interpretations of a post that an individual made.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
There are some top quality asses with hats on AR, getting rid of Rich helped a lot.

I have noticed that a few people have emboldened their inner jerk since he left. Or maybe he was just the shiniest turd in the horse trailer.

The one fecal-farmer who had the biggest mouth, so he over shadowed the other buttheads.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote