THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Pete Trujillo - High Mountain Outfitters?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pete Trujillo - High Mountain Outfitters?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I found this outfitter near taos (NM) that seems offering some interesting winter hunts:
http://www.huntingnm.com/hunts.html
Someone have heard something about them?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mario,

I know nothing about that outfitter.
I do know that west of Taos is the migration route for Elk as the move from Colorado south to New Mexico. I have a friend who is a gunsmith living in Chama, New Mexico which is west of Taos. He moved there because Chama is on the main Elk migration route. Chama is only a few miles south of the Colorado border. His name is Andy Manson. His brother Dave Manson makes chambering reamers here in Michigan where I live. Both of the brothers are avid Elk hunters.
I think that area is a good one for Elk hunting. Hopefully someone will know something about the outfitter you are interested in, and can advise you about their integrity.

Best of luck,

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mario,
I know Pete Trujillo. Actually my dad knows him better than I do. I haven't seen him in years but his friends call him "pancho". He is a hell of a hunter and will definately put you in the game. I can not speak for the lodging or ammenities, as I have not seen them, but you will definately be able to kill what you came for.
As far as his integrity, I have not known of, or ever heard of, anything that was sub-par.
If you would like to speak to my dad, as he knows him better than I do, pm me and I will give you his phone number.
I hope I have been helpful.
Thanks.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

mario

One of Us
posted Hide Post
have not recieved it yet. please feel free to email me at hossfly308@hotmail.com

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
e.mail sent

mario