Notify
Tools

Thoughts on this?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Venandi, it has to do with the age of hunters and the changes in the ability to find places to hunt.

I will be 68 in September and for the past 20 years I have watched First Hand, the4v reduction in hunting opportunities for the average income individual.

Texas has very little Public Land, can you afford 3K or more to hunt white tails for 90 days or so???

Just answer that, and realize most people cannot afford to do that.

I have been watching it for the past 10 years, and have seen local residents lose the ability to go hunting.

I really do not care whether you believe me or not, but I have witnessed FIRST HAND the changes that have taken place that have forced those unable to afford the fees out of hunting.

Are you calling me a liar?

You take the cake CHC! That last sentence is an absolute microcosm of most posts you make that just plain upset the members! All he did and what all of us are doing is offering opinions that YOU asked for! Now you're to the point where you're accusing a trusted member of calling you a liar just because of differences in opinion! Many people are losing their places to hunt for various reasons and in Texas lease prices because of most of the state being private land probably leads the way. Please reread his second paragraph SLOWLY and you'll see that right there he said exactly what you just posted about Texas. If you can't read and comprehend what you're reading in the threads you're in, it's useless on our part to try and discuss anything with you. This is very common place every time you get involved in a discussion and has been told to you more than once by more than one member. Please read what others say closely and then read it a second time because YOU are causing your own problems by not understanding what others post!

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
What is your point???

I am merely stating what I have first hand experience with, how many times have YOU hunted in Texas?????

Don't you base your opinions from YOUR experiences???

Are you saying No One Else has the RIGHT to do that??

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is your point???

I am merely stating what I have first hand experience with, how many times have YOU hunted in Texas?????

Don't you base your opinions from YOUR experiences???

Are you saying No One Else has the RIGHT to do that??

You are like talking to a fucking brick wall! I agreed with you about Texas in that post and now you come right back with that stupid post like you can't fucking read! FYI I hunted for at least 2 or 3 weeks in south Texas EVERY YEAR in December and January during the rut and some in the hill country on a friends ranch near Rock Springs for more than 30 years until my Dad got too old to go and then passed away in 2011! Yes, I base most of my opinions on my own life experiences and NOWHERE did I say what you mentioned in your last sentence. You put words into everyone's posts that aren't there and then get bent out of shape when we respond and tell you you're wrong. I'm done with this thread because it's impossible to deal with you and that's probably why there are also very few members responding to this and other threads you start because you're like trying to talk to a brick wall! PS: Now you're correct in that I'm not being civil with you and it's your own GD fault!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why don't you calm down before you have a stroke!

I really do not have a problem if anyone or no one responds, I am merely stating my opinion that is based on MY PERSONAL experiences!!!!

What is wrong with that?????

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
Venandi, it has to do with the age of hunters and the changes in the ability to find places to hunt.

I will be 68 in September and for the past 20 years I have watched First Hand, the4v reduction in hunting opportunities for the average income individual.

Wow - you're old enough to be my brother - no, my brother is older than you are. I'm 62. Maybe you're lucky but I never knew a time when it was easy to find a good hunting opportunity. Not 20 years ago, not 40 years ago. You had to know the right people or have the right last name otherwise it was public land, which is available but usually a joke. There's nothing new going on.

Texas has very little Public Land, can you afford 3K or more to hunt white tails for 90 days or so???

I could easily afford $3K but personally wouldn't pay that kind of money to shoot whitetails because I usually kill about 8 a year for free. But if I didn't have the ag damage control deer hunting opportunity and the only way to hunt would be to pay $3K show me where to sign up. I hope to drop a good percentage of that sum on a 3 day antelope hunt.

Just answer that, and realize most people cannot afford to do that.

Not necessarily true. It's a matter of priorities. Those who complain abut the cost of hunting often spend countless thousands of dollars a year on things like cigarettes and alcohol, pickup trucks they really can't afford, boats, ATV's, satellite TV subscriptions etc. I read about a guy who made about $25K per year and hunted in Africa every year. He was obviously willing to give up a lot of things to pursue his passion. Those who want to hunt will find a way. As for the $3K figure, are you telling me that someone who just wanted to do some hunting and shoot a doe couldn't do it for a lot less in Texas? I thought you offered hunts for less than $3K. Not the same as a good lease but it's hunting none the less.

I have been watching it for the past 10 years, and have seen local residents lose the ability to go hunting.

I really do not care whether you believe me or not, but I have witnessed FIRST HAND the changes that have taken place that have forced those unable to afford the fees out of hunting.

As I said above, it's a matter of priorities. As the price goes up those with less interest will find other things to do with their money and drop out of hunting. Also, times are tough and, unfortunately, there are will be those who lose the ability to enjoy any kind of recreational activities.

Are you calling me a liar?

No, I'm not calling you a liar. If anything, I'm confirming what you say. My question (which as gone unanswered) is will hunting as we know be banned nationwide? Will the number of hunters drop to zero? I don't believe either will come to pass. Things will be different in the future but I say those who wish to hunt, and make a a priority, will still be able to do it.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, I'm not calling you a liar. If anything, I'm confirming what you say. My question (which as gone unanswered) is will hunting as we know be banned nationwide? Will the number of hunters drop to zero? I don't believe either will come to pass. Things will be different in the future but I say those who wish to hunt, and make a a priority, will still be able to do it.

If you had been, you wopuld not have been the first. animal

What I look at is with the increase in hunting costs and the decrease in hunters, kids are not being reared in homes where hunting is an integral part of family life.

Multiply that across the whole country and those that should be/could be future hunters, possibly/probably do not even know someone that hunts.

I do not think hunting as we know it/have experienced it will be banned, but I do believe it will evolve or devolve to be more like Europe/England where hunting will take place of Private Properties/High Fence with the "Game" being basically managed livestock.

I feel what is eventually going to damage hunting most is apathy on the part of hunters. Lack of hunting opportunities, rising costs, Public attitude toward hunters, gun control issues are all going to have an effect.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Free market will take care of these things we worry about
Less hunters, more hunters, it’ll work itself out as nothing is constant and things change with each generation and as it should

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]

I do not think hunting as we know it/have experienced it will be banned, but I do believe it will evolve or devolve to be more like Europe/England where hunting will take place of Private Properties/High Fence with the "Game" being basically managed livestock.

CHC:

My guess is you have never hunted Europe/UK (a Scot may be British but he damn sure isn't English). There are lots of places you can hunt where the game is free range, and frankly, not as expensive as you might think.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are correct, but while there are places such as you described are they in the minority or majority?

There are some fine lines to be considered in comparing hunting in Europe and the British Isles compared to hunting in America, true or false?

Start with the percentages of Americans that hunt versus the number of Europeans/British/Scots/Irish that hunt.

Yes if a person digs deep enough they can find evidence to support a narrative, but per capita/per country, what is the percentage of the population in Europe/England/Scotland and Ireland that buy licenses and hunt versus the number of Americans?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Less hunters, more hunters, it’ll work itself out as nothing is constant and things change with each generation and as it should

I don't think it works that eway in America Milan. The fewer hunters, the easier it is to pass legislation against hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDhunter:
My thoughts on this...
Roll Eyes

Ok, I will take your bait.

1. None. I would not consider an outfit that required me to join anything.... I am an NRA life member however.

2. Until the NRA can come with a plan/idea/something - that will help in the issue of dealing with gun violence rather than hiding behind the 2nd amendment - they will continue to be a polarizing entity. Again, I am a member but I am pushing them to reach a plan rather than fight.

My plan - glad you asked.

1. Adopt a similar plan to some of the progressive European countries. Require extensive training in the laws, game laws, and ethics. Then require a strict demonstration of proficiency handling a gun and skill in shooting. A discussion of hunter ethics and the application of those ethics/compliance with game laws should be verbally tested. Finally, pass a detailed and REAL background check that confirms you can own a gun responsibly.

Let the NRA and hunting groups have a hand in the course curriculum. Make it matter and count for something - totally unlike our current Concealed Carry farce classes. Same goes for many of the hunter safety courses out there. I took one in New Mexico that was excellent and one in another start (might be the biggest state in the union) that was less than excellent. REQUIRE demonstrated knowledge and proficiency before you can hunt or shoot in an open area.

Horror of horrors, how do I come up with this?

Well, the best trained PH's on earth are from the British system in Zimbabwe. That training is brutal and harsh. Fast forward to "guides" in the US - most are part time guides with little training. I know more about the flora and fauna than most and honestly understand firearms better than most in the US. Yes, I get it - there are some very good guides in the North America, but the vast majority are untrained and not tested by a competent testing authority. They pay a fee, join an organization, take a brief course and we have an instant guide.

To clean up our "act", we need to stand up to scrutiny and demonstrated skill/proficiency.

Prove that "we" are not the problem.

Let fireworks begin....

Posts: 10273 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really good post Dogcat. Problem is the conversation has moved past just merely NRA membership, but the concept that the NRA, has not or is not actively responding on the issues such as school shootings.

If someone does not want to book a hunt with me as a guide because I am not an NRA member, but isn't it a tad hypocritical to claim that outfitters/guides should not require their clients to be NRA members?

How many folks would be left on AR if NRA membership was required?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMHO nothing dogcat mentioned in his post will have any kind of a positive effect on all these mass shootings we have in this country in case that is one of the reasons he made his post regarding the stance the NRA has taken. This thread is about keeping hunting alive and even if all gun sales were outlawed as of today there will still be millions and millions of guns out there that will always be available for someone who wants to create mayhem or go hunting whether it's legal or not. If any Lib ever managed to pass a law that would require us to give up our firearms you'll have more than an occasional mass shooting on your hands, as it would be the start of the second Civil War in this country! Most of these mass shootings have been done by people that should have been stopped well before they went bananas because people that knew them usually commented that what they did didn't surprise them. The only way to stop those shootings isn't to create stricter gun laws, but rather to make it much easier to put these nuts away for a long time when people around them can see they are acting nutty and notify the appropriate authorities. That will not happen any time soon because our country that is now run by Libs like Schumer, Pelosi, and Bloomberg will not allow that to happen. They would rather blame the gun and all of us millions of legal gun owners that have never shown any possibility of committing an outrageous act with them! CHC is also incorrect because the NRA has been very active with many organizations for quite some time in trying to come up with ways to stop these shootings, including suggestions to hire our retired Veterans to patrol the schools, as well as arming any teacher that voluntarily wants to carry concealed while at school and can pass all the tests necessary.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And once again TopGun you totally missed the point!

What would the membership of Accurate Reloading be if the only way a person could be a member of the site was dependent upon their being a member of the NRA?????

What is there about an American/Any American exercizing their RIGHT to FREEDOM OF CHOICE, that you cannot comprehend???

This was really a simple question, why should any guide/outfitter or booking agent be required to be an NRA member, when they are not going to require the same thing of potential clients?

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
quote:
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

Above is the original statement that started this.

Nothing in that statement is requiring anybody to do anything. The operative word is "Consider" which means to think carefully about.

This entire thread is far beyond misinterpretation of a statement, it is an undescribable creation of an altered reality.

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10096 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This entire thread far beyond misinterpretation of a statement it is an describable creation of an altered reality.

A. What does it matter to you?

AND

B. Why shouldn't Guides/Outfitters/Booking Agents be held to those same parameters?

Do you believe that anyone buying hunting license/guns/ammunition and paying for hunts, Does NOT Support hunting and gun ownership???

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
This entire thread far beyond misinterpretation of a statement it is an describable creation of an altered reality.

A. What does it matter to you?

AND

B. Why shouldn't Guides/Outfitters/Booking Agents be held to those same parameters?

Do you believe that anyone buying hunting license/guns/ammunition and paying for hunts, Does NOT Support hunting and gun ownership???

CHC:

Are you completely bored with your life?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
CHC,

Because as you say, we all have freedom of choice and freedom to speak.

You preach uniting and stop the in-fighting and your title asks for thoughts, yet you become adversarial if anyone even mildly disagrees with you or when you misinterpret other peoples comments. That behavior is completely illogical.

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10096 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Sir, unlike some of you folks I am enjoying hell out of life, if for no other reason than seeing supposedly knowledgeable hunters attack each other while wondering why the anti's are winning.

NO ONE was required to respond to my OP now were they??

Be sure and check with Don and Saeed on that just so you will know for sure.

Just for a little clarification here to cut down on the confusion, have you ever booked a hunt with a guide or outfitter that WASN"T an NRA member?

Have you ever talked to a guide or outfitter about booking a hunt that required his clients to be NRA members?

Care to answer either of those or will you answer either of those?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And once again TopGun you totally missed the point!

What would the membership of Accurate Reloading be if the only way a person could be a member of the site was dependent upon their being a member of the NRA?????

What is there about an American/Any American exercizing their RIGHT to FREEDOM OF CHOICE, that you cannot comprehend???

This was really a simple question, why should any guide/outfitter or booking agent be required to be an NRA member, when they are not going to require the same thing of potential clients?

No CHC, as once again you're the one who can't put 2 and 2 together and come up with 4, LOL! Your post again indicates a total lack of comprehension in anything you read just like we've been saying for some time! My comment was strictly what it was regarding the post by dogcat and had nothing absolutely nothing to do with your questions that were posed earlier. You do know that threads can lead to things other than just what was posted to start the thread don't you?! PS: This thread shows you're being a complete dickhead again in that you won't admit to any of us established members here that ALL are disagreeing with you that you just might be wrong. In other words, you are the one doing exactly what you stated is wrong with hunters by causing a bunch of shit on this thread that wasn't necessary and it's all because you have the reading comprehension of a fucking monkey! You would think that by now after a number of us have responded and told you the same thing that you might sit back and think before you type! Nope, just more and more BS every time you make a post and they completely contradict everything when you then say we all should stick together!

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
CHC,

How are your comments even remotely related to my comment?

If you aren't looking for comments then why did you post this?

If you believe in freedom of choice, then how would my answers be relevant either way?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
CHC,

How are your comments even remotely related to my comment?

If you aren't looking for comments then why did you post this?

If you believe in freedom of choice, then how would my answers be relevant either way?

They aren't just like every GD post he puts up in reply to someone and it has nothing to do with what was said by that person! I'm beginning to think he's either dumber than a stump or just does it on purpose to get a ruckus going and increase his post count because he's an argumentative SOB that isn't happy unless he's arguing with people! I can't count how many times he's started a thread asking the same type of question about hunters sticking together and/or hunting will end and every time it leads to this type of BS!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the problem with you TopGun and several other folks on here, you start passing judgement on people that you do not know anything about.

I merely posted a question about a situation I found hypocritical to say the least and you have went off the deep end and just like a couple of others, Mike included don't seem to have the ability to. comprehend that you got involved on your own.

You, Mike, whoever, NONE of you were forced or required by ANYONE to get involved in ANY WAY were you???????

You have a problem with what I post, Take It Up With Management!

Be sure and get back to us on how that turns out, will you??????

Mike, you can make all the comments you want on any subject you choose, but just cause you make a comment, No One Is Required To Give It Any Serious Thought!

One other thought, last time I checked Accurate Reloading Forums has an Adminstrative group and I have not seen ANYWHERE in the time I have been on here that the place is run by a committee of any kind.

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
CHC,

Did you watch the Warriors beat the Rockets last nite?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep CHC; we're passing judgment in that it's become very obvious with every post you make that you can't read and comprehend a GD thing that is posted by any of us. This thread has really become hilarious because the last three of us that have posted tonight have all been responded to with the dumbest posts anyone could come up with including telling us to talk to management, LOL! With this thread you have now cemented yourself as the laughing stock of this site!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
CHC,

I doubt it, LOL, because I think from all the nonsensical posts he's made over the last two nights on this thread that he's either had his head up his ass or is an alcoholic, or both!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mike, from reading your posts/comments over the years I believe you arec a genuinely good person.

So with that in mind, I am answering you as openly and honestly as possible.

I do not watch ANY Professional Sports. I am retired from punching a time clock, but I work 7 days a week, however many hours I want to putb in, taking care of about 50-60 head of cattle, a couple of horses and back up to almost 50 head of buffalo counting the 12 new calves that have been recently born in the herd.

When not doing that I am maintaining 15 or 16 deer feeders that in a two or three day time frame I will fill with about two tons of feed corn, that is not counting the protein feeders that hold another two tons or so.

When I get thru with all that, Lora and I have our own small farmwith a flock of 40 to 50 hens that we sell eggs from along with a couple of cows and two Llamas and a small flock of Hair Sheep that we raise rams for hunting ranches.

Any spare time I have apart from that, I am either on here trying to have some fun, out fishing or driving around the area checking on pig movement, especially if we have hunters coming in.

As a retired person I put in 50 to 70n hours a week doing a job I love.

Now I am not sure where you were headed with your question, only you know that, but the deal is I have hunted with some AR members and they can pretty well vouch for what I have said in this response!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
CHC,

I appreciate your desire that hunters unite. I am not sure "baiting" another hunter furthers your objective.

Mic Drop!

Cool

Yep!

Posts: 41871 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
CHC,

After reading his response above to you I really knew even if he had watched it he wouldn't understand why you asked the question! CHC obviously needs to take a break from all the hours he's putting in and it's too bad it's on here where he has no idea what people post when you read the responses he puts up!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
CHC,

I appreciate your desire that hunters unite. I am not sure "baiting" another hunter furthers your objective.

Mic Drop!

Cool

Yep!

CHC won't understand that simple post either!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No he doesn't understand much........

I would think he would be more of a baseball fan......from his posts and the logic he shows......it appears he really enjoys "the bottom of the fifth"......

Posts: 41871 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
No he doesn't understand much........

I would think he would be more of a baseball fan......from his posts and the logic he shows......it appears he really enjoys "the bottom of the fifth"......

LOL! That has to be the best post on this entire thread and he probably won't get it either!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And from some of the posts spome folks make all they know is "Parrot Talking" what others have said.

Since some folks can't seem to open their mind to such things, I didn't start this discussion as an attack on the NRA.

It is merely intended to point out that hunters can not really discuss anything without resorting to personal attacks on each other, just like in the Political Forum.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a hard time understanding why hunters and gun owners don't join the NRA. Where would we be now without that organization? Nothing is perfect, but the NRA contentiously fights for our gun rights. Wake the Hell up people.

Posts: 296 | Location: Clyde Park, MT | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Possibly because a lot of hunters/gun owners do not agree with the NRA or the direction it has gone over the past couple of decades.

What is it that is so hard to understand about Personal Choice of the Individual?

I am not, nor have not said anything about people NOT joining the NRA. If a person wants to join, that is their choice and I have no problem with what they choose to do, For Themselves. I expect that EXACT same courtesey.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Back to the original question, I have never asked any of the outfitters or guides I booked with if they were NRA members, nor do I care.

None of the outfitters or guides I booked with have asked me whether I was an NRA member and it is none of their business.

People, in general, are WAY too much into other people's business when they should probably be minding their own more.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:

People, in general, are WAY too much into other people's business when they should probably be minding their own more.

I couldn't agree more. It's a big part of today's undercurrent of discontent in the USA IMO.

The fact that someone could lose their job because they used the stupid N word 20 years ago sickens me. Actions speak louder than words but words are all that matter to the feel good crowd.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am still trying to figure out why American gun owners and hunters, simply can not accept the concept of Individual Choice on such things as NRA membership.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am still trying to figure out why American gun owners and hunters, simply can not accept the concept of Individual Choice on such things as NRA membership.

Stumps, you are one tail biting son of a gun!

I Choose to only hunt with outfitters that are NRA members animal That is an individual choice.

Why are you against that?

I know! It's because you are a bitter old tail biting coot!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
donttroll

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote