New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: USA Big Game Special Hunts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
That's sad, really sad. If I just want to buy some meat, I'll go to the store and buy some beef. Or perhaps I could find a rancher who would let me "hunt" his cattle, I bet I could shoot some prime beef for a whole lot less than $7500 to $9500.

Posts: 199 | Location: Rochester, Washington | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Comstock Lodge is discounting all Deer, Elk, Bison hunts 35% for anyone that will put up the total amount of the hunt by April 30,2004....

Normal hunts are:

Elk, $2950 Management bulls, $5500 for bulls up to 370; $7500 for any bull over 370 and they have some 400 plus bulls..

Bison are $2750.

Trophy Whitetail Deer are $3750

Spring Turkey: $1500. Fall Turkey $2750.

Bird hunting includes Waterfowl, Unland/waterfowl combo, Pheasants, Quail, Huns, prarie chickens, grouse and dove
Will quote by email on request.

Subtract 35% off the above pricing...

All hunts are guided from a 5 star lodge, food lodging and everything is encluded in the hunt...

Posts: 42169 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why is it I'm always poor when the great deals come along. man I would love a shot at elk and bison. Some day Ray I'll get there, some day.

Posts: 257 | Location: Long Beach | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A big bull bison will get you about 800 pounds of meat for about $1788.00....and its GOOOOOOOOD! meat..not to mention a real fair chase hunt..

The Bison Hunt with us is destined to be in Successfull Hunter magazine with some great story line and awsome photography..Phil Shoemaker, Alaskan Master Guide and Gun Writer whom I book for and our own Allen Johnson hunted there this year and the photography in the snow in very cold hunting conditions is simply the best I have ever seen...and the hunt itself was great with Phil taking his bull on the run through the timber and Allen shooting his at long range..I love this hunt, I shot my bull last year with a double rifle after a 300 belly crawl and 3 days of failure...

Posts: 42169 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
I got these prices off their web site. Don't know which is which.

Trophy Elk Hunt Packages

September - December: 3-day/4-night package
$9,500 for right to hunt any bull including 400-class bulls
$7,500 to hunt any bull up to 375 inches
$5,500 to hunt any bull up to 330 inches
Cull Bull hunts begin at $2,950. Elk/deer hunts are the elk hunt plus $2,000

How many elk do they have on that property?

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I take it these are not wild elk?

Posts: 199 | Location: Rochester, Washington | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic, from what you pasted from the site it appears to be a Trophy Elk Shoot rather than a trophy elk hunt.

Trophy Elk Hunt Packages

September - December: 3-day/4-night package
$9,500 for right to hunt any bull including 400-class bulls
$7,500 to hunt any bull up to 375 inches
$5,500 to hunt any bull up to 330 inches
Cull Bull hunts begin at $2,950. Elk/deer hunts are the elk hunt plus $2,000

I wonder if these trophy elk have a plastic ear tag with the price

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wait, wait, wait...I got it...these are elk raised on ranches all summer long, then released the day before you get there...yeah, then its a "fair chase" hunt after a animal used to being in a pen...all this for $10,000 after your travel costs, taxidermy, processing, etc...

Posts: 217 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 29 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just knew it,Ceasar is @ $7500.00

and then there's "BUBBA" @ $9500.00

I'm just wondering what you would do for the other 2 1/2 days of this 3 day Trophy Hunt talk about how hard of a stalk it was

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray: If a person paid for the bison hunt by April 30, when would a person get to chase the beast and harvest it? Next fall or winter? And where is this outfit at?

Robert

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive hunted this ranch, they own 200,000 acres and as the fences are being built the elk right now are in two pastures that are about 8 miles long by 3 or 4 miles wide, and I consider it a fair chase hunt...All hunting is on foot and it's no cakewalk. Ultimately it will be the whole 200,000 ac. of ranch with not cross fencing, but that is an expensive project and takes time...

I also hunt the Bitteroot-Selway every year and I see little difference as I can't walk in rough country much more than 8 miles by 3 miles of up and down mountains...So I suppose it all depends on how one looks at it..

The bison are wild as hell and they are tough to hunt..I have had no complaints from anyone and several have hunted this ranch, including Phil Shoemaker, gun writer and Alaskan Master guide and he liked the hunt...It is fenced and if you have a problem with that then don't hunt it, I post these sale opertunities for those who can and will....

One thing I have noticed on the internet and that is those who expound upon fenced ranch hunting, when given an opertunity always jump right on it...Mostly BSers that read to many magazines and troll the internet. All of So. Africa is fenced hunting, so whats the big deal.

one of us
posted Hide Post
RWJ,
If you booked now or before Apr. 31 then you can hunt the Bison whenever you wish..

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Ray but any animal that is restricted in free movement by means of a high fence is not fair chase.

Ive hunted this ranch, they own 200,000 acres and as the fences are being built the elk right now are in two pastures that are about 8 miles long by 3 or 4 miles wide, and I consider it a fair chase hunt

Seems to be conflicting statements as Comstock says the elk "Roam" 2300 acres

Comstock Lodge and Nebraska Wildlife Ranch Company provide the best and most honest elk hunting in all of the central United States. Trophy bulls and cows free-roam over 2,300 acres of central Nebraska hill-and-canyon land.

Why not just call it what it is High Fenced Canned Elk Hunt

I like this quote by you Ray:: I thought I should post this opertunity over on Big Game hunting but that was a mistake I won't make it again, that's where the internet bubbas hang and always take cheap shots at folks trying to help out some hunter....

one of us
posted Hide Post
The very best part of this story is the walking! They walk these guys around a few empty pastures, and then on the third day they take them to the feed lot to claim the "prize"! Just how gullible can someone be?

Posts: 2404 | Location: A Blue State | Registered: 28 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
If I buy Ceasar before April 30, can I take my kids up to Nebraska so they can play with him this summer? Then I'll go back and shoot him in October.

How about a poll on whether or not I should leave the tag in his ear for the shoulder mount?

Don't blow a gasket Ray, I'm just funnin' with the boys.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jimmyd223,

If you do not know the difference in a "canned hunt" and a "fenced hunt" then your post tells me you don't know as much as you wish us to believe....

As to size the ranch is continually growing and I was told the pasture is 8 miles long and 3 miles wide by one of the guides and its surely bigger now than 2200 acres and its all up and down.

The host of this very forum has hunted on many a "fenced ranch" as have all of us who have hunted So. Africa and even much of Zimbabwe....

The world is full of boundries and a fence is only one of them, if the ranch is large enough and if its a challange to shoot a bison or elk then its a fair chase hunt IMO and several here have posted how much they enjoyed their hunt on comstock...

But if anyone wants a "wilderness hunt" in the USA for elk then I can certainly offer that also..I have something for eveyone..It's all about choices, not snob remarks...

I just thought a $1780.00 fully guided bull bison hunt at a nice lodge with great meals for 3 days and 4 nights was pretty appealing and wanted to pass it on..Apparantly some of you did too as I have had a good deal of response.

Some of you would rather whine, so be it....and in the future I won't bother you with here with such problems that are upsetting to you...I apoligise if I have tread on you feelings....

one of us
posted Hide Post
ForrestB, great sense of humor and a shoulder mount with ear tag would be classic

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gee Ray, I don't think S Africa or Bison were mentioned in any of my posts, so no need to include either.
My whole point was that if I send $9500.00 to Comstock for "BUBBA" that within 3 days "BUBBA" will be in the back of my pickup headed home. BUBBA has no means of excape,remember, he's fenced IN and I hope you don't take this as a snob remark, I'm just trying to point out this is NO Trophy Elk Hunt but a Trophy Elk Shoot.

If I hurt your feelings, I'm almost sorry

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Ray, I'm sorry, but the words "pasture" and "trophy elk hunt" go together like oil and water.........

I've seen feedlots bigger than 8 miles long, too: size doesn't make the hunt. JMO, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, this picture is off Comstocks site of the elk hunting area

Here are a couple of your Quotes::::::

..All hunting is on foot and it's no cakewalk.

I also hunt the Bitteroot-Selway every year and I see little difference

I guess I'm just confused Ray, you say it's no cakewalk and you hunt area's in the Bitteroot-Selway just like this. Are you hunting a remote Airstrip cause I never have seen an area like that in the Selway

Look at the picture real well, even if as you say it's 8 miles by 3 miles, how hard is this Trophy Hunt.

Hell, camo yourself as a bale of hay and the Elk will come runnin

Oh and this part by you Ray::

If you do not know the difference in a "canned hunt" and a "fenced hunt" then your post tells me you don't know as much as you wish us to believe....

I think I got it!!!!!!! they are spelled different

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a suggestion for jimmy and some of you other guys that don't approve of these types of hunts, DON"T GO. Ray, and some of the other booking agents, and outfitters that frequent this sight are kind enough to offer the members a bargain from time to time. Don't chase them away, they may offer something for you one of these days.

I hope, after I get a few kids through college, I will be able to afford an outfitted hunt. Right now I'm content to do my big game hunting on public land on my own. I hope when the time comes, some of these guys are still here, making generous offers. Thanks Ray.

DGK

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Im with 375 HnH on this one. Ive been to Comstock and wouldn't hesitate to go back. I greatly appreciate Rays help in setting up my bison hunt. It is a memory that I wouldn't have wanted to go through life without.

Yes Comstock is fenced. If you like hunting in South Africa you will like this ranch.

To me its just another type of hunting. Its not the only type of hunting I like - but its fun and its worth the money even at the un-discounted prices.

Here are some pictures of the area where the Elk are.

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
375, you sir are totally right. I wouldn't go, I have NO desire to "BUY" a trophy elk in as Ray says: a fenced pasture.

one of us
posted Hide Post
So Mr Palmer, how many of these Trophy Elk have you purchased to hang on your wall and did you remove the ear tag

Me, well I don't have any 400+ elk, not even a 350 but the ones I do have were earned the old fashioned way on public ground.

one of us
posted Hide Post
jimmyd, we understand your position. You have a right to your opinion, but you've made it and overstated it.

Posts: 157 | Location: The Edge of Texas | Registered: 26 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought Palmer hunted bison on that ranch - if memory serves. It was good story, in any event, lots of walking.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jimmyd223,
It becomes more apparant with each of your rude posts that your just a smart mouthed kid with not a lot to say worth listening to, and gee I hope I didn't hurt your feelings... There is that the way its done?

And why would you hurt my feelings, I don't even know you and your trolling has no effect on me one way or the other.

Besides I tore up your invitation!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Big Game forum is an inhospitable place from time to time.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, just calling the kettle the true color. The bird hunting and the Bison could probably be a good hunt, I won't disagree with you on that.

When you start PIMPING out the Elk on a price/per SCI score you are degrading yourself.

As to trolling,don't think so,just a different opinion on fair chase. I knew it would rile you up but you side stepped every question.

Think back a bit about how You accused "Greenhorn" of taking his elk. You made some very strong statements without any shread of proof.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Judy you slimey little cunt. Rumour has it,you went in search for the comstock load and ended up with alot on your chin.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Post deleted by Chuck Nelson

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So now it makes a difference if its a Bison or an elk, who makes up these rules for you Jimmy boy

At any rate the thread has gone from silly to sublime and I have nothing further to commit on.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, only because there was no listing of the Bison being "LOCKED" in a fenced pasture area

Look at it this way Ray,you should thank me for keeping this up top. Might result in you selling one of these Fair Chase TROPHY HUNTS

One last point Ray, where do these elk migrate to for the winter range ? The west end of the fenced pasture

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's the best post you've made so far upchuck.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
This is just way to simple. If you don't like it don't go.

Some of the hardest hunts I have had are whitetail buck on 30 acres of brushy swamp. From the photos, it's going to be tough to sneak up on these animals especially so if they have heard a gun go off. Looks like it might be interesting on horseback.

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know, when I get on the forum and see a topic or thread I'm not interested in, I don't click on it. If I see a topic or thread I think I might be interested in but after clicking find that I'm not interested after all, I just leave and typically don't go back.

I admire the restraint you have shown on this thread. It shows your gentleman-like nature. Some folks were obviously not brought up with any social skills whatsoever - internet or not. That you don't give jimmy a good cussing speaks well of you.

gotogirl3

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"...after clicking find that I'm not interested after all, I just leave and typically don't go back."

Did you actually have a point to make or were you simply falling in line with the other sycophants in the Ray kiss bum club?

"I admire the restraint you have shown on this thread. It shows your gentleman-like nature."

Translation: Ray ran out of lame excuses for his famously misrepresented sales pitch but I just can't see it.

"Some folks were obviously not brought up with any social skills whatsoever - internet or not."

And some Sheeple refuse to admit when something's wrong. But then, I imagine it's a bit tough to think clearly when one is so busy running to save their hero's honor. Look, Ray's business is selling hunts. Some I'm pretty sure are good deals and true adventures. And some others I am now positive are for those who pay big duckets to be led by the hand to participate in what sounds very much like culling cattle. And that's fine. But perhaps some here might consider that promoting a turkey shoot as a hunt is just bad form, not to mention borderline dishonesty. But then all's fair in love and business. Just don't try to tell folks that a waterbird that walks, talks and quacks is really a freaking beagle; it's insulting.

" That you don't give jimmy a good cussing speaks well of you."

After careful thought and painstaking deliberation, I'd like to say, 'bullshit'. Perhaps you haven't been paying attention enough, but I'm here to tell you the man throws the insults, denegrating remarks and personal slights around perfectly well, and regularly, especially with those who disagree, or God forbid, challenge his words. Now go wipe your nose; that brown stain is unsightly.

Jim, we're on the same page. Thanks for the yuks.

Leighton

Posts: 142 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 15 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JUDY;
I like the way you think!!!
not all of the good olde boys will look at it that way
they are just looking for old 'bessie'
so if you look at the web sites and price BISON/ELK BULLS
someone is making out! and it ain't the HUNTER-
I have noted in the business-but not saying that this goes on- I believe the word is "kickback"
it is not only in the big game industry
look at HOGS, SHEEP,GOATS, DEER,any other so called game animal
where there is a buyer there is a seller

I have been to game ranches where you can walk up and pet these animals-
anything from hogs to zebras-
some are sold to hunt ranches as fair chase animals
thinks about it!

Posts: 39 | Location: In the middle of it all | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gotogirl3, you might want to get some handi-wipes to clean up after that post Have you ever hunted elk? Ever spent 10 days in the high country in a tent,walked/hunted 5 to 10 miles every day chasing elk in freezing rain/snow? Ever been or seen the Selway/Bitteroot? I assure you its not like the picture Ray refer's to in his post. Have you ever spent 4 days packin out quarters of elk to get back to your vehicle, then you have to go back in to pack out camp.
Now, this true Trophy Hunt that Ray is Pimpin, do you really think you can walk back from a days huntin the rain/snow/mud and then just walk into this 5 star lodge for a five star meal

Now just think about this::: The good ol boy Ray, posted this same offer up in the Africa forum and even called some of us down here in the Big game forum "Bubba's". The funny part is he only got "1" reply and it was someone else offering discounted hunts

As to Ray not cussing me out because he is as you put it a "gentleman" just goes to show how valid your post is.

This Comstock "Trophy Elk Hunt" is for some "DUDE" that wants a SCI 400+ to hang on his office wall.

and gotogirl3, yes I could afford 2 or 3 of these 400+ SCI if I had no pride or respect for the animal I am to be hunting

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have debated a little bit over my reply and whether I should be lady-like and genteel (which I can be) or East Texas and redneck (which I know I can be). I wanted to factor in your locale, but since I don't know if you were raised there or just adapted really well, I'll discount it.

This will be my last post on this thread as I do not visit the forum for this type of business. Your reply to my post actually had me laughing out loud. It probably has Ray laughing too since I've only met him once, very briefly, at the DSC Convention this year and have never had any dealings with him whatsoever. You may interpret my post in whatever manner you choose, albeit incorrectly. The mere fact that you identify with jimmy speaks for itself.

But, you've caught me at the end of a long and sleepless night so I'm afraid the redneck in me is gonna win out. You say "bullshit" and that I should "wipe my nose." Now, I would like to respond by telling you to Kiss My Ass, but I've never really liked that phrase because it rings of invitation. Since I would like to maintain some semblance of order here, just suffice it to say that in the dictionary of phrases your picture is right beside "Eat Up With The Dumb Ass."

Don't bother replying because I don't intend to read anything you or your pal jimmy post.

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote