One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
Oh, and perry?

middlefinger

And you confirmed it...nice.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No one cares about your "passion". You shit in someone else's post about a gift, fine trophy and family experience.
Your just plane rude and think your "passion" justifies it. Start your own damn post. You have no manners

No perry, the middle finger cartoon was just a shortcut reply to sum up what my thoughtful, carfully worded post back to you would be. Because I didn't want to waste the time and energy responding to someone as pinheaded as you: someone who actually thinks that expressing an opposing opinion and posting it as such is, in your foul mouth mannerless words, "shitting in someone else's post".

Are you proud to practice and embrace Leftist Ideology?

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
I don't have a dog in this fight but, rcamuglia, do you have a job?

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No.

Please send $

Big Grin

quote:
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

This is all I'm doing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RC,

no job,
asking for money (without offering anything of value in return)
your liberal roots are definitely showing.
How many whales have you "saved or created" today?
When I say PETA, I think of people eating tasty animals. How 'bout you?
Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is your avatar a picture of you with an exotic you shot in a pen?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
[b]Date of Hunt: 7/10/10 – 7/11/10

The ranch manager’s pet Ringtail Lemurs…..these were some of the coolest, most friendly pets I’ve ever seen. They were truly amazing.

How much for the lemurs? They'd make a great trophy. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hartfish:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
[b]Date of Hunt: 7/10/10 – 7/11/10

The ranch manager’s pet Ringtail Lemurs…..these were some of the coolest, most friendly pets I’ve ever seen. They were truly amazing.

How much for the lemurs? They'd make a great trophy. Big Grin

yuck

I think he already beat you to them, but was too embarrassed to tell us about it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is your avatar a picture of you with an exotic you shot in a pen?

Thought so....

It's OK, I understand now your defense of the activity.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
eland slayer !!
what have you done?
my god man how you have stirred up the natives once again.
i want one of those s.h. oryx and an addax.
great time had sounds like,and looks like you enjoyed yourself.nice work

p.s. let me share my opinions...
you don't have a job? what are you doing sittin on your ass for 4 days spewing internet drivel,
go find something useful to be involved with,
just might improve you attitude.
but thats just my opinion.....

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ES,

You are a lucky kid to have parents that care about you enough to make your dream come true...don't ever forget it!!

I enjoyed reading your post and looking at your pic's!

Good Job!!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
ES,

You are a lucky kid to have parents that care about you enough to make your dream come true...don't ever forget it!!

I most definitely am lucky.....and I am truly thankful for them.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
ES,

I enjoyed reading your post and looking at your pic's!

Good Job!!

tu2
As a side note...remember what your parents have done for you and pass it on to someone else. We do a lot of youth hunts where we take first time hunters out. After the kill, if it is a "trophy", they get to keep the rifle. They don't know this ahead of time and the only prevision is they have to do the same for another first time hunter at some point in their life.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
ES,

Congrats on an enjoyable hunt. My dad partially paid for my first trip to Africa as a graduation present for finishing my Ph.D. So, I know what it means to you.

Don't worry about the flies buzzing around here. They pester the hell out of everyone. Nothing you can do about it but continue to shoo them away until you get a chance to swat them!!!

Congrats again!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:I think he already beat you to them, but was too embarrassed to tell us about it.

Does it make you feel more of a man to pile insults on? The above statement was completely uncalled for and was without merit. Who is better because of your above post?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Lyle:

Does it make you feel more of a man to pile insults on? The above statement was completely uncalled for and was without merit. Who is better because of your above post?

Since you defend the abhorant activity, you must be one of the pathetic who shoot farm-raised animals in pens to make yourself feel manly.

P&P!

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Lyle:

Since you defend the abhorant activity, you must be one of the pathetic who shoot farm-raised animals in pens to make yourself feel manly.

P&P!

Does that go for those that work in a slaughter house as well?

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
so, do you have to shoot the animal yourself or can you have someone else do it for you?
bewildered

I really don't like to get out of my truck anyways... rotflmo

fat chicks inc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
popcorn

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know it is cold when dead horses are dug up from June!

Perry

One of Us
Picture of TMTAXIDERMY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tradmark:
also, i don't care where you shoot the animal, what some here don't understand is while it's not the same as tracking the animal through the african grassland, due to these game farms is the ONLY reason these oryx still exist in huntable numbers. .

Even worse!

Shooting an endangered Oryx inside a high fenced ranch!

I don't care if it was raised for that purpose. It's amazing what some people consider "hunting".

Enough of the sitting in boxes on stilts overlooking feeders, and in high fenced areas to boot, killing giants for the record book and actually calling it "hunting".

Hunting is getting a tag, scouting an area, then during the alloted season trying to find the animals with a vehicle or on foot.

Pitiful. stir

That's more than a bit mean spirited, wouldn't you say? You expressed your distate for it in your first post, but didn't have to expound on it again. I hunt primarily with handguns and I think a scoped rifle is too easy, but I don't talk down on others who use scoped rifles. To each his own.

Agree totally!!!

Posts: 138 | Location: Dardanelle, Arkansas | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
Beautiful animal. Congrats!

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
very nice trophy and hunting with revolver its very sporty in itself ,WELL DONE.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes! Beautiful animal, congrats!

You've got to be soooo proud of yourself! I mean, what a difficult hunt! It must have taken a ton of time to do the scouting to find out what areas they were using. Lots of hiking difficult terrain, glassing for hours to find the reclusive, wary animals! Then, after finding a herd, a ton of work judging the animals to find just the right one! I'm sure the first herd you located didn't have the one you wanted and you hunted hard, glassing ridge after ridge, moving miles if necessary to find pockets of undisturbed animals with the "big guy" in the herd!

Then to get one with your revolver! That's as tough as with a bow! The stalk must have been one for the books! That is the stalk that finally resulted in the animal you wanted, in the "bag". I'll bet you have plenty of stories of stalks that just didn't work out! The wind was wrong, you got busted by the big guy's harem, etc...!

It's always great to see how hard work and just the right luck result in a successful hunt!

Awesome!