THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Hunter International Brokerage / Maria Felix

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunter International Brokerage / Maria Felix
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Enquiring if anybody has had recent contact with Hunter International and / or Maria Felix please ? Have had no joy recentlg trying to make contact. No replies to emails and they're not answering the phone.
Cheers

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
Lynn was in contact with me today via email.
lynn@b.hunter-international.net

Maria's address is maria@b.hunter-international

Posts: 385 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nevada Wapati:
Lynn was in contact with me today via email.
lynn@b.hunter-international.net

Maria's address is maria@b.hunter-international

Thankyou NW. Have emailed Lynn today hoping that will do the trick. Cheers.

Well, this is working much better. Three emails with Lynn so far, which she handled after hours. It's not her department but she will ask Maria and update me. Progress ... Cool

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
Did Lynn answer you? If not I'll let her know that you're trying to contact her. She emailed me again today.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nevada Wapati:
Did Lynn answer you? If not I'll let her know that you're trying to contact her. She emailed me again today.

Yes, as per my post above. Three emails between me and Lynn. She seems to be on the ball.
Thanks for your suggestion NW. Cheers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My taxidermist prefers Hunter International - says Maria is responsive, but the taxidermists doing my NZ shipment now have had issues and prefer Coppersmith.

Opinions?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Wow, I've used Maria and Hunter international three times without any issues.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12534 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, the plot thickens.
Just returned from Zim and catching up on emails yesterday. Still zero from Maria and nothing further from Lynn. Now I'm annoyed. Spoke to my local customs agent who has a long history with Maria and he has offerred to pursue this. Now hoping this will elicit something and if not it will be plan B time.

posted Hide Post
I am having similar problems trying to contact Maria.
Maria is trying to get me a cites export permit to send a tanned brown bear skin and skull to Australia from America.I send emails and leave voicemails and hear nothing.

Posts: 2 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 08 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
I e-mailed this tread to Maria & Lynn this morning. Lynn responded in 20 minutes with the below information. I suggest that you give her a call for assistance.

Thank you, for sharing this with us. If the need to the clients need to get a hold of me they can call 925 460 7716 my mobile phone.

For the clients that I speak to on the phone, I usually advise them I may be hard to get a hold of but if they email and put on the subject line their name and phone# I usually call them back because I constantly check my emails.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nevada W
Thanks again for the help. I emailed Lynn again yesterday. She responded promptly and also copied me and my customs agent into her email to Maria asking her to contact me a.s.a.p.
Thats a great response from Lynn but it seems Maria is the go to on permits status so we are waiting on news from her. As of this morning here I still have nothing from Maria but obviously she is somewhere there in the background and must be aware of my communications attempts. I don't understand her reluctance to reciprocate as previous comms have always been timely.

posted Hide Post
Nevada Wapati
I contacted Lynn and she made suggestions for contacting Maria which I tried but no reply only to leave a voicemail.

Posts: 2 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 08 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
For the clients that I speak to on the phone, I usually advise them I may be hard to get a hold of

That is the exact attitude that I refuse to deal with. We are all busy. It is still not that difficult to return a call.

This type of attitude rarely goes well for a business.

I hope it works out for you Grant.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
quote:
For the clients that I speak to on the phone, I usually advise them I may be hard to get a hold of

That is the exact attitude that I refuse to deal with. We are all busy. It is still not that difficult to return a call.

This type of attitude rarely goes well for a business.

I hope it works out for you Grant.

Hi Jason,
Thankyou. I hope it works out too although just now it's seems I'm not making headway. Currently at Hunter International the only person willing to communicate it seems is Lynn. She has responded promptly to every call / email, which is great, but the question of concern is really in Maria's basket which is where we are stalled. My NZ customs agent / broker has also unsuccessfully attempted to speak to Maria. He says this is out of character as usually she communicates smartly. He has referred other clients to Maria wanting to arrange imports and Maria has not replied to them either. I've had no comms with Maria since April.
Perhaps I need to allow a little more time on this. From what I understand all Hunter International personnel are still working remotely from the usual business premises which has been the case since Covid. Also, Maria has family in the Philipines and ( possibly ) is attending to a family situation currently placing her priorities on other than business momentarily. If correct, this doesn't help but I'll leave it a bit longer for the time being. But if it reaches the point of activating Plan B that's what I'll do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Grant:

I do not want to hijack from your thread as I believe I am over stepping my bounds, possibly, a little bit.

With that said, I would suggest to look to see if there are possible additional contacts in the company. Does she have
a supervisor? I would ask Lynn if Maria has a supervisor. Often times, these are the only methods that people like this
understand.

I have had many unfortunate experiences personally, and in business, to deal (as I am sure you have) with many people like this.

My current insurance company has a similar attitude. They new owners. Owners who refuse to take a call and hardly respond, even when he have
an "emergency". I am going to be looking for a new company.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
Hi Grant:

I do not want to hijack from your thread as I believe I am over stepping my bounds, possibly, a little bit.

With that said, I would suggest to look to see if there are possible additional contacts in the company. Does she have
a supervisor? I would ask Lynn if Maria has a supervisor. Often times, these are the only methods that people like this
understand.

I have had many unfortunate experiences personally, and in business, to deal (as I am sure you have) with many people like this.

My current insurance company has a similar attitude. They new owners. Owners who refuse to take a call and hardly respond, even when he have
an "emergency". I am going to be looking for a new company.

Hi Jason,
I certainly don't resent your comments. In fact, I appreciate your input and suggestions.
In this case Maria and her husband own this company so we are already dealing with the upper strata, unfortunately.
But, possibly better news today. My customs agent / broker talked to Lynn on the phone. She is supposedly meeting Maria Friday this week and was asked to emphasise to Maria that certain people are desperate to make contact. We will see what happens. Lynn did say Maria has a heavy work burden currently , but in my case no comms since April is difficult to comprehend.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Updating this thread.
Sadly, no change in non-communication from Maria Felix. My customs agent / broker also failed in attempts to make contact with Maria. He also spoke personally to Lynn, who throughout has been professional and attempted several times to help, and prompt Maria, but the result remains that for whatever reason Maria either cannot or will not communicate.
Again, this seems completely counter to previous dealings with Maria who always attended to matters in timely fashion.
I am forced to start again with another plan. My customs agent / broker has opened communications with Coppersmith in San Francisco and already the wheels are turning there. Hopefully my next update will confirm developments on a happier note.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds Like Maria will be looking for a new business opportunity in the near future.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I'm not a big fan of Coppersmith. My previous two dealings with them (starting with a missing trophy from my second shipment) uncovered some 'ghost charges'. They did refund me.

Look hard at the bill you receive and make sure you aren't getting billed for things they never did.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been following this thread with interest.
There are so many red flags here it is unreal.
1. Multiple people cannot get hold of "Maria" in the normal course of business, often for long periods of time.
2. They are all working remotely. That means that no one can walk through an office door and say "Hey, we need some action here". It will all be via text or email.

Read the writing on the wall. "Lynn" seems the only active one. She should get a job with the opposition or start her own setup.

Just a matter of time before this thread reaches the front page of AR's shit show section.

JCHB

Posts: 412 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote