THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    If You Could Ask for New Item from the Manufacturers
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Could Ask for New Item from the Manufacturers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was just reading Mark D's wish list for a 338/06 in a Ruger #1 and was reminded of some things I would like to have.

I was just wondering what the members here would like to see from the manufacturers. I am not wanting to start the topic of them improving the quality of their product, we all know that is needed. I am talking caliber, gun configuratin etc.

My number one item would be a Ruger #1 in 22 rimfire. I have spoken to the folks at Ruger at some of their big shows and one thing I do appreciate is when you ask for something, they take out a note pad and write it down. It is a company directive to take notes when they are asked to produce something or hear a gripe. You have to like that in a company.

I guess if I had a second pick, it would mirror Marks request for a 338/06 from one of the big boys. I have one I made but it has open sights and not practical in this configuration to set up a scope. We need more of those available to make the caliber survive as a legitimate commercial offering.

-

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hell I would just like to see the #1 come back in .404 Jeff. I'd be first in line!!!!

Posts: 1258 | Location: Colusa CA U.S.A. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll take a pair of Ruger #1. One in 9.3x62 and the other in 338-06. Throw in a 35 Whelen just to make it real interesting.

Posts: 388 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good topic. I was just about to start a new thread on "my" gun to gauge reaction.

Remington 7600 stainless synthetic 35 Whelen and a 20 inch barrel. Porting, ghost ring sights and 10 round magazine are optional.

Loaded hot with premium 225 grain bullets, is there anything you would not tackle with it?

How do ya'll feel about it?

Paul Barnard

Posts: 105 | Location: Gulfport MS | Registered: 04 July 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Hi

I would like to get one smaller and one bigger fallingblock actions from Ruger. One for small cartridges like 22 K-hornet and one action for 4oo cal and up.

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger to come out with a 416 taylor on their stainless syt.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see WW come out with a true magnum sized action to house the RUMs in a proper fashion, as well as the 416 Rigby and it's offspring. I'd also like to see someone besides Dakota making a takedown rifle.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah I'd love a #1 in a 338/06, also put me in the hat for a Taylor as well.

And well if the big Green did their pump gun in a 338/06 I'd be in that line as well.--grins

Ok so I am sort of a 338/06 nut-actually maybe just a gun nut period! Scratch that maybe-eh.

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dog

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well,sign me up for some of those Ruger #1s.I'll take one in ANY 35 caliber.I'd also like to see them scale that sucker down to Low Wall proportions and make it in 22 Hornet,222,22 Magnum,ect.One in 257 Roberts MIGHT just make the ultimate light packing rifle for deer.I thought the Browning Low Wall in 260 would be,but after getting it,I'm none too impressed.

I'd like to see Weatherby wake up and make their Mark V Deluxe in 338/378.I'd like to see them make the same thing in 458 Winchester Magnum.I'd stand in line for either.

[ 07-14-2002, 02:44: Message edited by: Brian M ]

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say affordable .338-06 factory ammo, from Rem., Win, Federal, Speer, and Hornady.

Posts: 358 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: 14 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
Would like to see the Remington 700 Titanium short action,offered in 257WSM and wearing a 25" S/S barrel.

Would like Ruger to build a 77/22 in 17HRM,wearing laminate and in all S/S construction,with the heavy barrel.

That'll do,for now.............

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic,
If I had the one in the photo I'd be happy as a pig in poop!!!

However, I have always wanted Savage to make a completely scaled down Model 99 EG in 222 or 223 Rem caliber..wouldn't that be a tiny little dandy, who cares how it would shoot, its made for fondling.....

A Ruger RSI in 9.3x62 would be cute'r n cork...

A Ruger Safari model in a 9 lb. 404 Jefferys would be neat...

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
1) A classically-styled, lightweight, strong, fiberglass (carbon fiber, etc.) rifle stock made with the latest aircraft-grade technology, molded-in color, completely finished with swivels and a recoil pad for under $250! No 1960's "boat technology fiberglass", Monte Carlo's or skip checkering allowed!

2) Leica 7x32 BN's (Not "wide angle" and available in not just black, but GREEN color).

3) M70 "Classic Stainless" SA's re-introduced with "standard" bolt face.

4) M70 "Classic Stainless" SA with a 22" featerweight bbl. contour in 257 Roberts.

5) M70 "Classic Stainless" SA with a 22" featherweight bbl. contour in 223 Rem.

6) M70 "Classic Stianless" SA with a 24" magnum bbl. contour barrel (not heavy bbl.) in 22-250.

7) M70 "Classic Stainless" LA 338-06 (for Chic and Mark... well, for me too!).

8) M70 "Classic Stainless" LA with a 22" featherweight bbl. contour in 7x57.

NB... How about a M70 "Classic Stainless" like Remington does every year available in obscure cartridges... guess that would cover all my bases above!

9) 358 WSM or 358 RSAUM

10) A QUALITY, US made, classically styled bolt 22lr for under $650 (I'd prefer stainless... of course!). Quite honestly, I think the Kimber, based on its actual quality, is a $600 rifle... I'd buy one at that price...

11) Ruger's newest side-by-side shotgun in 20 gauge with 26" bbl's.

Well, I'm sure I could think of more... those are just off the top of my head.

Brad

[ 07-14-2002, 04:11: Message edited by: Brad ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can think of several, but one on the top of the list would be an ulralight ballistic tip bullet in .257. You know like the 40 grain in .224 or the 55 grain in .243. It would be real cool to use in the .257 Roberts, or 257 AI or the 25-06. Maybe a little to light in the Weatherby. Something around 60 grains maybe. Gun wise I usually figure you just have to build what you want.
Doug

Posts: 229 | Location: Asheville, NC USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
everyday i want something different. right at the moment i want a cabelas blue ridge 54 cal flintlock with a 66 inch twist instead of the 48 inch twist. until they come out with one i guess i'll make do with a lyman gpr percussion for a 54 cal rb shooter(if i can talk my lovely spouse into it). "he who dies with the most toys, wins"...cheers...bud

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
<jeeper1>
posted
I would like to see Ruger make the single-six in 17 aguila/17 hornaday in stainless of course.
The 30 carbine blackhawk with an extra cylinder in 32-20 in stainless.
And the 45colt/45acp blackhawk in stainless.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, congratulations. Brad (Mr. Stainless) told me about your new bride as he accompanied me on my way home from the lake today (via cell phone). Wishing you and your wife the best and a long and rewarding life together.

Chic

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about the Ruger sxs shotgun with switchbarels for 470 nitro and under 4K. "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A MOA Mini-14.

Ruger would sell tens of thousands.

Posts: 612 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A four shot .357 snubbie revolver.

Posts: 612 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
It'll be kewl if CZ offered the stainless and synthetic option in all their rifles.

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to have a Marlin lever with browned finish and nice walnut. Chambered for a .35-450 wildcat. Lightweight contour with a 24 inch barrel.

Posts: 128 | Location: East Central NC, USA | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Here are my requests -

Browning: A new version of the old Belgian-made High-Power bolt action that is true to the quality of the original.

Winchester: You have the basic FORM of the current Model 70 down to pretty much what it ought to be. NOW it's time to get down to the substance of what made the original Model 70 legendary. A quality upgrade is in order that includes greater attention to detail. Don't just manufacture this rifle, CREATE it!

We need an American-made Model 1892 that's true to the original, and that means no silly safety mechanism. With the popularity of cowboy action shooting being what it is, the time is ripe for this move, and to heck with the cost - the marketplace will respond......

Also needed: An American-made Model 52 C Sporter in the modern "American Classic" style. Offer it in .22LR, .22 Mag., and .17 Hornady.

Remington: A quality upgrade from top to bottom, and a new version of the Model 30S or Model 720.

Ruger: Your side-by-side shotgun is most welcome. I'd like to see 20 & 28 bore versions, plus beavertail forend versions.

Smith & Wesson: Offer the Model 60 3" Target in .32 H&R Magnum, and get rid of those worthless safety mechanisms.

Weatherby: Hire a great prefessional stockmaker to come up with an America-Classic style stock. That trademark Monte Carlo stock of yours has outlived its usefulness.

AD

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Maserwerke Oberndorf back into sporter production to once again raise the bar, and a 338-08 from nearly anybody.

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to see Rem Or Win make a run of 9.3x64 brass. Wouldn't hurt to see a rifle chambered in that cal also.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
doh! I hate it when I go back to edit and hit the reply icon!!

[ 07-15-2002, 00:44: Message edited by: Wstrnhuntr ]

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snowman and Wsthunter,
It would be nice to see a NEW Obendorf sporter, with all the bells and whistle like the one Chic displays, schenable F.E. tip, panals and all and in calibers 9.3x62 and 9.3x64...

Put the word "Quality" back into the gun market, now wouldn't that be refreshing..

Have to start by firing a lot of the bean counters that have tainted the minds of the big corps. I will bet dollars to donuts if Win. or Ruger or someone ever came out with a gun in the custom class designed and managed by a real gunsmith, with an eye like Mark Silvers and a few others they would rule the rifle market. Don't bother wasting your breath on these guys, it will land on deaf ears, the almighty dollar rules.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
I would like to see better quality control from ammo and firearms manufacturers before innovations take place.

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about more Left handed rifles???
I would love to go to a shot show and order a 100 rifles from Browning and then say, "oh, by the way I want em left handed.
Leif

Posts: 359 | Location: 40N,104W | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Atkinson:
[QB]Snowman and Wsthunter,
It would be nice to see a NEW Obendorf sporter, with all the bells and whistle like the one Chic displays, schenable F.E. tip, panals and all and in calibers 9.3x62 and 9.3x64...

Amen [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Put the word "Quality" back into the gun market, now wouldn't that be refreshing..

I couldn't have said it better my self, thanks [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mainly, I'd just like to see detailed, accurate, and actual specifications on their products in the place of fancy magazine ads full of hype.

Most guns aren't even within a pound of their specified weight, and it's almost impossible to find specs like actual bore diameter, twist, or barrel contour, much less things like metallurgy, whether the barrel is button, hammer forged, or cut rifled, or the type or origin of wood in the stock. Just give me the facts, not the hype (HITS HARDER, SHOOTS FLATTER!), and I'll buy more, not fewer products.

Among those products which I'd like to see those specs on would be a couple of true baby-frame o/u's and SxS's in 28 gauge, and more true small bolt actions like the Sako 461 and Kimber 84. There's no reason Remington, Savage, Ruger, etc. can't make one. Let's also have a return to the superior individual focus system for binoculars and throw away that leaky, cumbersome, and always-out-of-focus "center focus" mechanism.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since Ruger has been known to support some of the non-mainstream calibers (examples they've chambered for .257 Roberts, 6.5x55, 7x57, 7x64, etc.), I would like to see them bring out the M77 MkII in both .338-06 and 9.3x62. Especially the 9.3x62.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CZ to offer all there rifles with stainless steel actions & barrels and a quality synthetic stock.

Marlin to offer quality synthetic stocks on all there lever guns, and offer them as spare parts to fit guns out on which people would like to replace the wood.

Leupold to offer those neoprene scope coats that come with the crappy simmons scopes.

All gun manufactuerers to throw in a some reasonable quality gun cover when you purchase a gun rather than just a cardboard box.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would love to have a Browning BLR in either 338-06, or 9.3x62

Posts: 231 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like CZ to put irons on the 550 american

Posts: 68 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: 27 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the Ruger RSI in .308 sporting a 20" tube. Ray's 9.3X62 idea would be nice too.

Posts: 240 | Location: Downers Grove, Illinois | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
John, I couldn't agree more. I've owned three M77 RSI's (250 Savage, 7x57, 308 Win)... it really needs a 20" tube to balance "correctly" (for me) and to get more out of the cartridges it's chambered for! 20" would be the right compromise length, IMO.

BA

<BMG>
posted
1) ANY FACTORY RIFLE WITH A .510" BULLET (.500A2, 50 AK, etc)

2) DROP IN EXPRESS STOCK FOR THE CZ 550 UNDER $300 OR BETTER YEY, FACTORY STANDARD!!!

I don't think these are unreasonable, but a guy can dream can't he [Big Grin]

<Bruce Gordon>
posted
1. 6.5mm WSM

2. Remington VS SF Varmint rifle in 6mmBR with a 1-8 twist barrel.
Also, the availability of a 1-8 twist barrel in the 22-250 caliber.
260 Remington caliber would be nice in this configuration.

one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 10-05-2002, 01:09: Message edited by: TBS ]

Posts: 165 | Location: PA | Registered: 22 September 2000Reply With Quote